Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Track Attack 2006 (sponsored By Prolex Uk)

Steve

Only things I would say are that it would have been quite nice if we had our own little Lexus area. I ended up spending most of the day being crammed in between a bunch of MR2's and Yaris'.

Sorry mate.. I would have got the VIP area ready just for you :lol:

Its a Toyota meet so expect to park next to Toyotas... :D

I don't mean it like that, just if we could have had a little meeting point or something. I was the first lex there, so I ended up between them all and was jammed in there all day. Still some very nice cars there though, I was particularly inpressed by the stripped out little grey/silver Yaris, that thing was flying round the track!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time was 14.68 seconds ......... terminal speed i think was about 93 - 97mph ....

Neils tezza ..... well, let's say .... I thought I was running on my own ! lol ........ sorry Neil ! :D

I went up against a few IS200's S/C and Turbo's ............ must say it was almost neck and neck ... if not quicker ! :D

Me and Marcus went up first ............ first two runs I had to show him what an 'auto' could do ........ but then I thought I'd let him get the best of me on the 3rd run ...... he he ! B) :whistling:

I did about 17 runs in total .................

wow really impressive :D

some credit due to TDi with there mods to your car :)

Yes very impressive considering it's a fairly heavy car......

I was hoping Neils Tezza would be quick as he has most of the Mods that i am thinking about already done..... :crybaby:

Just uploaded the gallery, if anyone wants any bigger pictures just shout.

Gallery

And you were complaining that I didn't get enough pictures of your car?! :blink:

Had a fantastic day, thanks to everyone -- especially the organisers, but also Lee for letting me drive his car for a few laps (hope there's no lasting damage!), Zee for taking me out in his car, and the weather for not putting on its normal Bank Holiday raincoat.

Nice to meet some new (to me) faces, and some old ones too. Hope to see you again sometime...

Damien

Good to see some old friends yesterday, its been a while

Only things I would say are that it would have been quite nice if we had our own little Lexus area. I ended up spending most of the day being crammed in between a bunch of MR2's and Yaris'.

you should think yourself lucky

some had to park next to a vauxhall :blush:

:lol:

Whats it matter what we were all parked next to, the aim of the day was to have some fun regardless of car

Time was 14.68 seconds ......... terminal speed i think was about 93 - 97mph ....

Neils tezza ..... well, let's say .... I thought I was running on my own ! lol ........ sorry Neil ! :D

Ya boo sucks Mr Scarface :lol:

Like I told you after the run I had hesitation off the line and it took about 2 seconds to start firing properly, by that time you were off. Let it cool down and you declined my polite invitation to go "head to head" again. Said you were getting bored or something.

Seriously though I was a bit disappointed at the 1/4 times. Best was 16.52 with 87 mph terminal speed. Problem I think is the auto box is programmed for the stock ECU so is always working at the top end so you don't get the advantage of the extra torque in the mid range.

I was a great day yesterday, nice to meet some new and old friends, althought need to work after the track day and not finish til 11:00pm....tired, but it was fun and have to perpared the car for next year.

Glad to hear everyone had an enjoyable day.

Had some fun in the Soarer although using 65 litres of Optimax in 230 miles hurt !

On the track the Soarer aqcuitted herself fairly well ....got me black flagged :duh: developed a slight oil leak which ended up on the exhaust pipe so some blue smoke caught the attention of the marshalls...

Was great only to be overtaken by 2 pesky MR2's and the 3.2 Supra during the 20 odd laps I did.

On the standing 1/4 my best time was 14.63 which was a surprise as the car is basically standard apart from the Prolex front pipe.

Two favourite things from the standing 1/4 where going on my first run.........looking to the the right and seeing mats car running against me thinking humiliation here we come... :blush: flooring the throttle and only being passed right at the end as mats car gained traction & came on boost.

Second was waving goodbye to Ahmet when barrie was piloting his IS300 :winky:

Was taken out in a Skyline and was gobsmacked by the sheer grunt of it (nearly standard) also was taken out in a 600bhp Supra which was like being in a jet fighter.

Like I told you after the run I had hesitation off the line and it took about 2 seconds to start firing properly, by that time you were off. Let it cool down and you declined my polite invitation to go "head to head" again. Said you were getting bored or something.

Seriously though I was a bit disappointed at the 1/4 times. Best was 16.52 with 87 mph terminal speed. Problem I think is the auto box is programmed for the stock ECU so is always working at the top end so you don't get the advantage of the extra torque in the mid range.

Does this mean that the IS300 auto box is different to the Altezza box ( gearing, torque convertor or what? ) or is it the way the ECU's manages both differently...?

Also hammering a manual off the line too often will wear out the clutch, What happens in an Auto's case... guilty of doing this a bit too often and just wondering will the ECU look after the box or am i looking at damage down the line....

Cheers

Does this mean that the IS300 auto box is different to the Altezza box ( gearing, torque convertor or what? ) or is it the way the ECU's manages both differently...?

Also hammering a manual off the line too often will wear out the clutch, What happens in an Auto's case... guilty of doing this a bit too often and just wondering will the ECU look after the box or am i looking at damage down the line....

Cheers

check your AT fluid.........should be nice & pink..........if its not get it changed ASAP

Customer of ours IS300 was not shifting right..........fluid was black............drained ...flushed........refilled.........back to brand new :winky:

Would have thought that the IS300 box will be different ratios, probably more evenly spaced because the 3 litre engine will have more torque lower down than the 3SGE and also a lower rev limit. I don't know for sure but I think the Tezza has "long" gears low down (L & 2) and closer spaced higher gears.

The ECU on the Tezza is programmed to try to keep the revs in the 5 - 7k range because that's where the torque is on the stock engine, so the benefits of better torque you get with the Camcon mid range are lost on the auto box when you "floor it". The only way to improve that is change the box and the ECU.

Having said all that I am more than a little disappointed at the difference in times between the Tezza compared to Mr Morse & Scarface. The cars should be closer considering the weight difference.

check your AT fluid.........should be nice & pink..........if its not get it changed ASAP

Customer of ours IS300 was not shifting right..........fluid was black............drained ...flushed........refilled.........back to brand new :winky:

Did think about changing the AT fluid cos I don't know when it was last done, looks OK but sometimes the gear changes are a bit "harsh" at times. Could it be a bit of an answer?

Congrats.... :)

May i ask what time and your terminal speed.....? :blush:

Would also love to hear what Neils Altezza tiptronic done ?

Anybody pair auto against manual just to see?

thanks

pretty please

PM me if anybody dosen't like to boast..... :)

I went up against a few IS200's S/C and Turbo's ............ must say it was almost neck and neck ... if not quicker ! :D

Me and Marcus went up first ............ first two runs I had to show him what an 'auto' could do ........ but then I thought I'd let him get the best of me on the 3rd run ...... he he ! B) :whistling:

I did about 17 runs in total .................

:lol: as if you let me..........ahmet, my start time .......the 1/8th time was 1.79 thats how i won that 3rd run :winky: and that was my best time i had done all day........it was all good fun :D

Most stock manual tezzas' do 15.5-16s so maybe little slower for AT. However yours has mods which should make it 0.5-1sec faster surely?

What did Zee or any other Altezzas do 1/4mile times in?

Most stock manual tezzas' do 15.5-16s so maybe little slower for AT. However yours has mods which should make it 0.5-1sec faster surely?

Think Zee did a 14.21 something like that........

does anyone know what times prolex dave got from his soarer on the 1/4 mile?

have we made a list of times??

Its in his post ^^ 14.63 best time he got :whistling:

Yes ... it was 14.63 ... and he was ever so pleased with it !

Though I think that's a little poor .... considering my N/A did it in 14.68 !!!

I would have thought a 2.5 TT would be quicker ........... but then again, I am a little slimmer than Dave ! lol :whistling:

Think Zee did a 14.21 something like that........

But dosen't Zee have a turbo???

Did anyone run a standard-ish manual RS200....?

from what i witnessed the more powerfull the cars, the more they were having problems with traction

the surface was far from ideal

mat was trying every type of launch, just to get of the line, even pulling away in second !!

in quarter miles the first few seconds are the only ones that count, if you cant pull away quick, youre not going to get a good time ;)

from what i witnessed the more powerfull the cars, the more they were having problems with traction

the surface was far from ideal

mat was trying every type of launch, just to get of the line, even pulling away in second !!

in quarter miles the first few seconds are the only ones that count, if you cant pull away quick, youre not going to get a good time ;)

Important piece of kit for next time........ :P

ricerexcusegaugeweb7fc.jpg

Yes ... it was 14.63 ... and he was ever so pleased with it !

Though I think that's a little poor .... considering my N/A did it in 14.68 !!!

I would have thought a 2.5 TT would be quicker ........... but then again, I am a little slimmer than Dave ! lol :whistling:

My 2.5TT is std bar front pipe..........and is 11 years old :blush:

I do have a print out which says it did a 12.63 time.............as number 301..........when it was actually number 7.........which makes one wonder :winky:

However........I do recollect my leaving yours somewhat behind with me having both hands waving you goodbye :D

have we made a list of times??

i done 13.55 @ 105 :)

good thing with an auto is you dont have to worry about the gear change thing!

you should have stayed.............think you'd have one the fastest Lexus !

If I got this right you get 2 times under ET, top one is 1/8th and bottom is for the full 1/4.

Given that I was getting around 2.9 secs for the 1/8th and assuming that I was at half terminal speed (which I would guess would be higher). Using 3 secs and 43mph on the 1/8, one of those net calculators it gives an estimated 0-60 of around 6.75 secs.

So where is the top end?

If I got this right you get 2 times under ET, top one is 1/8th and bottom is for the full 1/4.

Given that I was getting around 2.9 secs for the 1/8th and assuming that I was at half terminal speed (which I would guess would be higher). Using 3 secs and 43mph on the 1/8, one of those net calculators it gives an estimated 0-60 of around 6.75 secs.

So where is the top end?

:whistling: the best 1/8th time i got was 1.76 :D

so who won dave, do you have a list :whistling:

So where is the top end?

:whistling: the best 1/8th time i got was 1.76 :D

so who won dave, do you have a list :whistling:

But I'm fatter than you Marcus :lol:

Strange thing is the times were about the same 2 up.

I would like to see a list too, don't think I will win anything in my section, I was up against the Soarers and Supras :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk