Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sold My Lexus

Mark Phillips

Thank ***,

I have managed to sell my Lexus IS300!!!!!!!

I have never had such an unreliable, costly and dissapointing heap of junk in all my life.

The only way I managed to get rid of it was by part exchanging it for a BMW - no mug wanted to buy it and I cant say I blame anyone.

My only satisfaction is that I have managed to persuade 10 people not to buy Lexus and I intend to continue this policy (currently costing Lexus well in excess of £300k).

My BMW is fantastic - not sure how Lexus can even talk about the IS300 in the same breath as the 330Ci??

So long Lexus.

Just wait until you come to get youre BMW serviced or you have a fault.....

I had the BMW mini not even a year old (not even 10,000 miles)and the wheels had bad corrosion on them BMW did not want to do anything along with a number of other faults on the car....i found the customer care very poor.

Hope you have better luck with BMW than i did....

well for someone who had so many problems you seem to have only made 2 posts, this ranting pointless post which actually does nothing and one other mentioning tyre wear problems.

well done, just made yourself look kinda silly really.

hope your happy with your BMW

Edited by Monster-Mat

thats not clarkson starting this post is it??? :D :D

Can't be clarkson, cos even he wouldn't call a Lexus unreliable! :lol:

Seriously tho, if you're genuine, seems you've been unlucky, but as the others say, good luck with the BMW because I can quite comfortably say that if you thought Lexus was bad, you've seen nothing yet!

Enjoy your new motor! :)

I sat in a BMW 320 at the weekend, first time ever in a BMW wasn't at all impressed. This was the new model just out. Not impressed. Couldn't see stalk control for the cruise from the seat, cup holders come out the middle of the dash below the air bags ..... hmmm that's a good safety one ..... sorry but not a patch on the IS250.

So what exactly was wrong with the IS300 you had, you forgot to say ....

Forgot to say .... say hi to Princess Anne .........

Another satisfied BMW customer.....?

I too have experienced the Bavarian marque in 3-series guise and was not impressed even with the 2.8 motor. Nice leather interior but rest was too 'plasticky' for my liking.

I like the trad old English exec car style interior with a bit of wood and so went for a MK1 GS300.

Have enjoyed immensely three years of trouble free enjoyable motoring.

Give me a Lexus any day!!

Dont get me wrong i like the 325ci, 330ci and M3smg but i have always liked the is200 and chose it over the 325ci sport coupe. I havent had an issue with mine at all other than lack of grunt.

Too many BM's on the road as well, ten a penny i say.

Maybe you just got a bad is300. Better luck with the Bimmer

He must of had some issues. Didn't say what though. I wonder if he bought an Is300 from an auction with part history, then everything went pants after that ? Saved money initially, then got hit with big bills later.

...funny, I know a mate who bought an M3 from an auction. Seemed like a cracking deal, over 8k less than the dealer price. A month later the engine gave way and he had to replace that and the gearbox. It cost more than the 8k he saved. So was it worth it ?????

Thank ***,

I have managed to sell my Lexus IS300!!!!!!!

I have never had such an unreliable, costly and dissapointing heap of junk in all my life.

The only way I managed to get rid of it was by part exchanging it for a BMW - no mug wanted to buy it and I cant say I blame anyone.

My only satisfaction is that I have managed to persuade 10 people not to buy Lexus and I intend to continue this policy (currently costing Lexus well in excess of £300k).

My BMW is fantastic - not sure how Lexus can even talk about the IS300 in the same breath as the 330Ci??

So long Lexus.

Well thank *** for that mate. I'm glad you finally sold the car. After reading all of the posts about the troubles you've had with it, it seems that a BMW is just the car for you. Good luck with it pal and i hope you've got enough money to cover the problems you'll have with it and for all the extras you'll need to purchase :D

This was his only other post....

HERE

so he posted once about a known problem never replied to his own topic which tony pointed out the problem and a solution then threw teddies

I think BMW will be sick of him too by the time he's finished going back with th starter motor making a sound when he turns the key or some such nonsense

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links