Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealers - The Crown Slips?

> Directional POI e.g. speed camera

Oh can you upload your own POIs?

Nope, but you can mark any point on the map, assign it an icon and an optional sound that plays when you approach. So as I go pass a speed camera I press the "mark" button and set it as a speed camera.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way that all the dealerships for any given car manufacturer (with the possible exception of some really exotic make with one dealership!) ... can get it right all the time. There are always going to be odd ocassions when they drop the ball or do something wrong. I tend to judge them firstly on how often such mistakes occur, and in my experience Lexus make far fewer mistakes and give better service than dealerships for most other makes, and secondly, how quickly and how well they deal with mistakes when inevitably they do occur.

Trust me, I have had a lot of dealings with BMW, Mercedes and Audi dealerships and they all pale into comparison compared with my local Lexus dealer. Audi in particular have exhibited such an utter lack of customer care that it almost beggars belief!

What someone said earlier about your relationship with a dealer being a two-way thing is very true. Invest a little time and effort in them, and show them a little respect and they will hopefully respond in kind :D

There is no way that all the dealerships for any given car manufacturer (with the possible exception of some really exotic make with one dealership!) ... can get it right all the time. There are always going to be odd ocassions when they drop the ball or do something wrong. I tend to judge them firstly on how often such mistakes occur, and in my experience Lexus make far fewer mistakes and give better service than dealerships for most other makes, and secondly, how quickly and how well they deal with mistakes when inevitably they do occur.

Trust me, I have had a lot of dealings with BMW, Mercedes and Audi dealerships and they all pale into comparison compared with my local Lexus dealer. Audi in particular have exhibited such an utter lack of customer care that it almost beggars belief!

What someone said earlier about your relationship with a dealer being a two-way thing is very true. Invest a little time and effort in them, and show them a little respect and they will hopefully respond in kind :D

I consider 32k of my personal money, more than a little time and effort....when I worked in food retailing, the customer was king, we all knew he paid our wages, and we all worked a damn sight harder to earn those wages than a lexus salesman - lets face it after a test drive the car pretty much sells itself!

In my working environment, customers complaining about a poxy dented can got more attention than I have experienced from MOST so called service industries these days. What exactly do they do, to get their money / commision / and brand new lexus every 4 months ? Rant over...I'llget me coat, and head off for the "grumpy old man" auditions :blink:

> Directional POI e.g. speed camera

Oh can you upload your own POIs?

Nope, but you can mark any point on the map, assign it an icon and an optional sound that plays when you approach. So as I go pass a speed camera I press the "mark" button and set it as a speed camera.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought for a minute I would be able to ditch the TomTom, oh well! :winky:

I am about to sign a cherished transfer form for the 3rd time today...they keep making me sign the wrong one...I am taking the garage up on their offer of actually sending a driver to me to me today with the correct form...

The first trek to Lexus Leicester was disappointing...it was Saturday and 20 minutes prior to closing. I made a hasty appointment for the next day and they could not be more hospitable, and to cut the story short decided to buy the car eventually.

They are good, but it's attention to detail, which for me is not perfect.

Afterall, we should be king...we are paying their wages, and it's not often that we spend £2XXXX+ in one transaction of our own money.

Not as good as I had hoped...yet they will tell me that I can have free car washes (as if that'll make a difference). If the cherished form shannanigans are anything to go by, then it's a thumbs down do far!

I still don't have a delivery date yet, other than mid March...and I know I changed the spec so my base was effectively cancelled, but I am hearing stories of delayed delivery into April/May (GULP)!

Not as good as I was LED to believe through rave Cust Sat indeces!!

I am about to sign a cherished transfer form for the 3rd time today...they keep making me sign the wrong one...I am taking the garage up on their offer of actually sending a driver to me to me today with the correct form...

The first trek to Lexus Leicester was disappointing...it was Saturday and 20 minutes prior to closing. I made a hasty appointment for the next day and they could not be more hospitable, and to cut the story short decided to buy the car eventually.

They are good, but it's attention to detail, which for me is not perfect.

Afterall, we should be king...we are paying their wages, and it's not often that we spend £2XXXX+ in one transaction of our own money.

Not as good as I had hoped...yet they will tell me that I can have free car washes (as if that'll make a difference). If the cherished form shannanigans are anything to go by, then it's a thumbs down do far!

I still don't have a delivery date yet, other than mid March...and I know I changed the spec so my base was effectively cancelled, but I am hearing stories of delayed delivery into April/May (GULP)!

Not as good as I was led to believe through rave Cust Sat indeces!!

Exactly my point. We should be feeling "the customer is king" as I said in my post earlier. I believe it is still an inborn culture thing, that in this country especially, staff within most service industries do not have a positive and proud approach to serving customers. It is considered more like "slave duty" rather than treated as a professional and worthy career. How often one gets the impression that we are a nuisance, and someone who has to be served, almost interrupting the salesperson's day! - what I ask, is EVER more important than dealing with a customer.....short of perhaps a fire, or a robbery attempt ? - certainly we instilled ( or tried to at least :duh: ) this philosophy into our staff.

I too was told of the "courtesy car washing" available on Saturday's. Firstly I doubt I would want my 32k pride and joy "washed" by some bloke with a Karcher powerlance at his mercy, and secondly, it is unlikely to tempt me to drive the 60+ miles round trip from home that this would entail!

The more we Brits just put-up and say nothing, the wider the gap becomes between us, and our "foriegn" cousins. Yes, I know that often the "have a nice day" goo is contrived, and driven by reliability on a Tipping culture to supplement poor wages, but I still feel like they are actually appreciative of my custom in many other countries, and I for one actually like that :D

In the Uk, it is more like they are doing us a favour to take our money - I am probably drifting off topic slightly here, and guilty of ranting :blush:, but haven't you ever arrived at a store 2 mins before "published opening time", only to be made to wait outside in the cold and rain, by some spotty jobsworthy "manager"

who claims he "cannot open before 9am " What the heck is that all about !! Argh :tsktsk:

I better go cool down : :angry: crybaby:

PS I have just received an email from my dealer who nows hints that my car ordered in December for a March delivery, could now not arrive until MAY! This really makes me feel better, especially knowing they have my deposit all tucked away in their bank.

Well said Eunos800. I agree!

As an existing customer, my local dealer isn't exactly ramming the new IS down my throat. However, I'm sure if I asked them they would soon respond. Maybe I'll get a chance to drive it at my next service......? :P

IanB :D

Here here -

well I've just had a call back from the salesman...no driver available today, his boss won't let him come over (too busy) and no drivers available until next week... :tsktsk: and until they do this they can't sell my PartEx, so it's really not my problem!

I offered to pop in as I'm around there tomorrow anyway, and I have been told I will be compensated for the fuel (I must be mad or tolerant)!

:yahoo:

That makes me feel so valued :flowers::msn-cry:

And this is before I've even had the car...

Eunos800 - I feel it for you. I am going to look at the small print and pull out if I get messed around with delivery dates. Enuff is enuff...

I'll just go and buy another Audi A4, dealers weren't much better, but at least that's what I came to expect (so they met my expectation)! I feel I've been 'ad as Lex can't even do something so small!!! They certainly appear to have started to fail even at the simplest of things!

Here here -

well I've just had a call back from the salesman...no driver available today, his boss won't let him come over (too busy) and no drivers available until next week... :tsktsk: and until they do this they can't sell my PartEx, so it's really not my problem!

I offered to pop in as I'm around there tomorrow anyway, and I have been told I will be compensated for the fuel (I must be mad or tolerant)!

Eunos800 - I feel it for you. I am going to look at the small print and pull out if I get messed around with delivery dates. Enuff is enuff...

I'll just go and buy another Audi A4, dealers weren't much better, but at least that's what I came to expect (so they met my expectation)! I feel I've been 'ad as Lex can't even do something so small!!! They certainly appear to have started to fail even at the simplest of things

Hi there Jamboo - when did you order your car - and were you also told of a March delivery at that time?

No more word yet on mine...but will keep posting :)

I originally ordered a base Mesa with MM (220d). I was told within seven days prior to Christmas that the car would arrive 17th Feb for March 01 del.

I suffer from Spasmodic Torticolis of the lower neck, and to cust a story short, I need a comfy seat, and for example cannot drive Vauxhalls (!). Changed the spec after a bad bout of ST over Christmas - first week of Jan. The SE was always in my budget, but the car definately rides better on 16" wheels, and I thought (and still think) the leather is not top quality (too shiny - not Nappa soft), but it's bosltoring is top notch.

The seats with their venitlation would help my ST, so in Jan changed the spec to SE after I test drove it...the dealer then told me by looking at the computer that the new one would "possibly" arrive 20th March, "possibly" earlier...and have heard nothing else. That's what worries me. I am going tomorrow to sign the dreaded form and find out when it comes...but I'm not hopeful. I think you ordered yours ages ago?

PS - I think I've said this before Lecus will have aggressive targets to sell...Quality V Quantity can degrade quickly - they'e too busy selling to new people to be bothered about fixing errors made when the job wasn't done right in the first place, a problem which hits the other dealers...in my line of work we are keen to "zero" cost of failure...but not by not paying attention to the problem or the complaint...!

Hiya guys

All this talk of cars not being delivered as the dealer originally said it would be is getting me a bit worried.

I put my order in 2 weeks ago and was told that it would be ready for end of March which I was ok about.

I've already handed my celica in as part-ex considering I don't drive it anymore and the missus has a little 206 runaround we can use in the meantime.

Although, since they hnow have a hefty deposit with my car as part-ex, would prefer to have the car asap.

Just called my dealer up and he said to call back on Monday when they can check on computer for a more approximate delivery date.

So far I've had a very good reception from my dealer - even when they had a SC430 hijacked during a testdrive while we were there and they were running around calling police, etc!! That made for an interesting day there!! - They still managed to persuade me to buy the IS!!

PS

Still haven't seen an IS on the road yet down my way!!

Hiya guys

All this talk of cars not being delivered as the dealer originally said it would be is getting me a bit worried.

I put my order in 2 weeks ago and was told that it would be ready for end of March which I was ok about.

I've already handed my celica in as part-ex considering I don't drive it anymore and the missus has a little 206 runaround we can use in the meantime.

Although, since they hnow have a hefty deposit with my car as part-ex, would prefer to have the car asap.

Just called my dealer up and he said to call back on Monday when they can check on computer for a more approximate delivery date.

So far I've had a very good reception from my dealer - even when they had a SC430 hijacked during a testdrive while we were there and they were running around calling police, etc!! That made for an interesting day there!! - They still managed to persuade me to buy the IS!!

PS

So we might be in the same boat (literally).

I'm in similar limbo...the wifes Honda Jazz is getting the brunt of this...my A4 was taken in early, but I now face potentially a long time without a car, hopefully they will guarantee a date tomorrow...and I have been panicking for nothing! :huh:

The dealer is really courteous etc. But today I got the impression that they were too busy selling and not sorting out my situation...just 'cos I've signed up I'm at the back of the Q!

The wifes not happy :tomato: (and nor am I)! :o

Oh dear. Oh dear, Oh dear...

PS - look on the bright side...do you remember the ship that sank with x000 beemers on it?

Hiya guys

PS

So we might be in the same boat (literally).

I'm in similar limbo...the wifes Honda Jazz is getting the brunt of this...my A4 was taken in early, but I now face potentially a long time without a car, hopefully they will guarantee a date tomorrow...and I have been panicking for nothing! :huh:

The dealer is really courteous etc. But today I got the impression that they were too busy selling and not sorting out my situation...just 'cos I've signed up I'm at the back of the Q!

The wifes not happy :tomato: (and nor am I)! :o

Oh dear. Oh dear, Oh dear...

PS - look on the bright side...do you remember the ship that sank with x000 beemers on it?

I hope your car arrives asap but last Saturday I was at the Lexus dealers ordering my IS 220d, and looking at either SE or SEL with MM in Mesa. The SE in Mesa with grey interior was 8-9 weeks delivery with no time for black interior. The SEL I chose in Mesa with grey was 1-2 weeks delivery with the same for black interior.

This was from the computerised stock availability.

Hopefully as yours is a sold car it will arrive mid March as was quoted to me for the SE grey interior.

Evening All

Concerned about delivery.

It would be interesting to see what prices could be achieved on the ex-demo models starting to appear on www.Autotrader.co.uk

I know Honda Dealers are allowed to sell demos on after three months so if this is industry standard I would imagine there will be some more starting to appear very soon.

Here here -

I'll just go and buy another Audi A4, dealers weren't much better, but at least that's what I came to expect (so they met my expectation)! I feel I've been 'ad as Lex can't even do something so small!!! They certainly appear to have started to fail even at the simplest of things!

It sounds like you guys are getting the runaround on delivery dates et al.

Have to say I'm been lucky, although I think its the norm with Lexus Poole. They even opened up shop an hour early to see me to sign some paperwork - I couldn't get in during normal 9-5 hours office hours.

Regards the car washes; speaking from experience down at Poole; they have dedicated valeters and when you go in for a free car wash, they do a proper job including the alloys and inside the car, it's not just a quick hose down. Whilst they're washing your car you get to read the papers, free coffee and sometimes some free grub.

With your cars, it's worth asking if these cars have left the factory and are on a boat somewhere or if they are parked up at the docks or if they are still to be built. I guess delivery dates will firm up once your car has been built and is ready to leave the factory, then it should be some simple maths as to when it will arrive.

Jamboo, good luck today! I hope you get a firm (and satisfactory) date for delivery.

To cheer you up; I've just driven 70 miles down the motorway, cruise control on, sixth gear (I wont mention the speed). Car was purring along at 2000rpm, whisper quiet with just a faint rumble of tyres. It was a very relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable drive home, better than my mate's 5 series.

Well, form signed, and it looks as though the new IS sales have really picked up. Demand for MM is very high - the majority appear to be selling with this, so if you want most coulours without MM you can have one quickly - but if you want MM it's now April/May earliest - all factory orders!

Good news is that mine is still destined to arrive early March, so delivery by mid March still on the cards...Phew...

BUT he said he will keep me informed should that change...still sounds not 100%!

Oh, also said he would recompense me for the petrol today - 10 mile round trip, wifes jazz does 35mpg in town, so I estimate approx £1.15 - that's got to be worth a set of rubber mats at least! :huh: ;)

Never gets better does it :mat:

Now they've had my old car (taken in PEX early) since Jan 14th.

After days of shannigans with the form, I still haven't had the money for my old Audi.

I had paid the obligatory £1000 deposit up front and was told that any excess balance after finance settlement (£6000ish) from PEX would come back to me to pay them in March on delivery of the new IS.

Well my next installment for the finance on my old car is due on 10th Feb...and you've guessed it - no cheque! So I'm paying for a car I don't even have... :o

Am I just a fussy fuddy dudd who's expecting too much...? :huh:

PS emailed the dealer...

Never gets better does it :mat:

Now they've had my old car (taken in PEX early) since Jan 14th.

After days of shannigans with the form, I still haven't had the money for my old Audi.

I had paid the obligatory £1000 deposit up front and was told that any excess balance after finance settlement (£6000ish) from PEX would come back to me to pay them in March on delivery of the new IS.

Well my next installment for the finance on my old car is due on 10th Feb...and you've guessed it - no cheque! So I'm paying for a car I don't even have... :o

Am I just a fussy fuddy dudd who's expecting too much...? :huh:

PS emailed the dealer...

Did you fill in a DVLA transfer ownership form, i.e. is the car still yours ? If not yours then contact the finance company and give them the dealership's phone number/e-mail address.

Have you still got the car insured ?

You're not expecting too much, I'd want my six grand back within a week at the most, charge them interest or get those rubber mats!!

Live in South London but bought my IS200 from Leicester...

Have to say the service was excellent and i'll be speaking to them again when I come to change (could be sooner once ive had a drive of the 20 Sport!!!)

Lexus in Croydon was a bit crap though...

Personally I believe its all about the single sales person who deals with you, those that take pride in the work etc always come out on top, and you can receive crap service from another person in the same dealers...

Cheers - No to both - which is worrying me now...as far as I am concerned they are a reputable dealership (owned by Sytner) and I am in their care...Also there is a cherished plate to be retained which need to be done first, but again they are doing it...

The problem is that I am dealing with a new salesman (AND I have some bad history with new salesmen when we bought the Honda Jazz...), but a very experienced Business Manager who is effectively handling the transaction.

At the end of the day I am relying on his expertise/knowledge to make sure it all happens as it should...

I'm gonna call him once I'm off my work conference call...

PS I do have a "Purchase/sales" invoice effectively assigning ownership to them...so legally they've bought it.

• 4 weeks later...
Left a message and got an email back - will settle the finance with the company this week...no news on my £6grand!

Reaching for that phone...

PS - thinking of changing the signature below to:

"New to Lexus - and NOT looking forward to it..."

Bought a new IS220 SE & MM from Lex Croydon a bout 4 weeks back. I will be picking it up on after 1 March. They've had it in their pound for the past two weeks. So haven't really experienced a bad delivery time. My model is black with beige interior.

The sales process was pretty good. Went in for a test drive in the gold model and I thought it was great so bought it there and then. Managed to negotiate almost £2K off the base price. I wouldn't mind a/some freebies when i go in to pay remainder of deposit so if you guys have any suggestions I'd be very much appreciative. :winky:

Overall Lex Croydon have been OK. It is the fist time I've bought a car brand new so was expecting to be worshipped - or at least indulged seeing as I'm spending close to £30K of my hard earned money.

I will definitely use the valeting service mentioned in this thread. If you guys have any other tips for Lex's newest family member I'm all ears.

Cheers

Left a message and got an email back - will settle the finance with the company this week...no news on my £6grand!

Reaching for that phone...

PS - thinking of changing the signature below to:

"New to Lexus - and NOT looking forward to it..."

Bought a new IS220 SE & MM from Lex Croydon a bout 4 weeks back. I will be picking it up on after 1 March. They've had it in their pound for the past two weeks. So haven't really experienced a bad delivery time. My model is black with beige interior.

The sales process was pretty good. Went in for a test drive in the gold model and I thought it was great so bought it there and then. Managed to negotiate almost £2K off the base price. I wouldn't mind a/some freebies when i go in to pay remainder of deposit so if you guys have any suggestions I'd be very much appreciative. :winky:

Overall Lex Croydon have been OK. It is the fist time I've bought a car brand new so was expecting to be worshipped - or at least indulged seeing as I'm spending close to £30K of my hard earned money.

I will definitely use the valeting service mentioned in this thread. If you guys have any other tips for Lex's newest family member I'm all ears.

Cheers

Congrats on the purchase!

You should be able to come away with some Lexus freebies; golf umbrella, teddy, rubber mats etc. However, you've done very well with a £2k discount so if you don't get anything it wont be so bad.

I've got the black (with black) so you might need to use the valeting service very regularly as the black is difficult to keep clean, nice when it's done though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links