Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When Did You Order Your Is250

Linked to my other threads.....when did you guys actually order your car, and when was it actually delivered?

Placed a £500 deposit in March 2005, test drove a car the week before the official unveiling in November and placed a firm order the day after. Had to wait for one of the right spec. (SE-L MM in Cadoxton Slate with black leather) to be available on the shipments from Japan and received the car on December 22nd.

Because I'd placed the March pre-order deposit I got priority on the first matching spec that was available. If I had wanted one in Silver or Black then the delivery period would have been shorter as I guess they were the pre-determined popular choice.

The car seems very popular so peeps that have recently made up their mind to buy are probably queueing for the specs available on the shipments being delivered.

I was told in the States that if I wanted a factory 'special' (don't ask, but one made to order) it would be a 6-8 months delivery.

I ordered mine on 15th Nov and got it delivered on 30th November. The dealer was pretty good. I then had a series of problems with the car and had requested the dealer to replace the car. The dealer was ready to deliver that in 3-5 working days. I guess, it depends on the spec and color. I was told that the wait for metallic colors are longer as compared to the non-metallic ones.

Ordered on the 25th November 2005 on the basis one was in the country. It wasn't. Took delivery on 30th December. I ordered a Silver SE-L in Argento with MM but I think if I had wanted say White or Gold with MM then I might still be waiting.

Wish I hadn't asked now, 'cos loads of you lucky blighters have got their motors pretty quick:duh:

No seriously...thanks to all who replied, I guess it sort of confirms what dealer is saying - a lot depends on spec and colour etc. However the comment about black being more likely to be available ( Tango I think )somewhat throws it out again, as Black was the colour I chose!

Ah well....guess it comes down to having to be patient, or buy another car altogether :)

Ordered mine (IS250 Sport with MM & ICE) in Dec. Still waiting and have been given no delivery date. Have been told its down to the ICE pack, so we will wait and see. However considering calling and advising that the ICE pack aint that important if I can get it quicker!!

Fingers crossed it comes soon!!

Ordered mine (IS250 Sport with MM & ICE) in Dec. Still waiting and have been given no delivery date. Have been told its down to the ICE pack, so we will wait and see. However considering calling and advising that the ICE pack aint that important if I can get it quicker!!

When you say ICE pack, do you mean the MLS/MM or the supplementary/accessory system with DVD screens for the rear passengres etc?

If it's the latter, then I thought the dealers fit that and it would have no bearing on manufacture of the actual car?

INCIDENTALLY -ordered January, no firm date yet...though they took my PEX in early!!

AS Saracen: ordered my Argento SEL AUTO with Sussex Grey interior on the 28th Nov. with delivery said to be within 5 days! Delivered 21st.Dec.---Best Xmas present ever!!!!!!

Tel

When you say ICE pack, do you mean the MLS/MM or the supplementary/accessory system with DVD screens for the rear passengres etc?

If it's the latter, then I thought the dealers fit that and it would have no bearing on manufacture of the actual car?

INCIDENTALLY -ordered January, no firm date yet...though they took my PEX in early!!

And now for the update...got call - possibly (!) 9th March, so I should be driving it by Monday 13th (my lucky number is 13 :lol: )

:huh:

As far as my dealer said it was a factory fit. And yes its the one with the DVD players in the back. Jamboo...ur a lucky sod!

Ordered mine on 2nd Dec and received it on the 21st Dec.

Incidentally Black was on a 12 week delivery if ordered with MM, Agento Ice being the popular colour for early delivery.

Ivan Golac, I was told at my dealer that the ICE was a dealer fit. I would check with your dealer for certain.

Ordered mine mid Jan and also handed my car in for early part-ex.

Brechin Slate SE with MM.

Dealer has said delivery should be end of March.

Still awaiting confirmation of the delivery date though.

As far as my dealer said it was a factory fit. And yes its the one with the DVD players in the back. Jamboo...ur a lucky sod!

:whistling:

Cheers - I now have to get it...do I trust 'em...? WTS!

B)

Ordered mine mid Jan and also handed my car in for early part-ex.

Brechin Slate SE with MM.

Dealer has said delivery should be end of March.

Still awaiting confirmation of the delivery date though.

That's what I was told...we're probably on the same boat (literally)...chase 'em and see what they say...

Oh well,

Just after I posted my earlier post about Jamboo being an jammy sod, my dealer phoned me! He advised that he had a car ready for me in the exact spec that I wanted, but it would have a sunroof?? Couldnt give me a date for one without. Quickly weighed up the pros and cons and and decided to take the one he was offering (IS250 Sport with MM, ICE and sunroof in Brechin Slate). Has cost me and extra £800 for the sunroof however!!!

He also advised that the delay was down to the Multi media pack. Seemingly theres a problem with it? Not sure what though.

However I am expecting to take delivery of the car on the 6th March!!! Hooray! Howver has cost me an extra £800 bucks! Should I ask for a discount??

:winky:

Oh well,

Just after I posted my earlier post about Jamboo being an jammy sod, my dealer phoned me! He advised that he had a car ready for me in the exact spec that I wanted, but it would have a sunroof?? Couldnt give me a date for one without. Quickly weighed up the pros and cons and and decided to take the one he was offering (IS250 Sport with MM, ICE and sunroof in Brechin Slate). Has cost me and extra £800 for the sunroof however!!!

He also advised that the delay was down to the Multi media pack. Seemingly theres a problem with it? Not sure what though.

However I am expecting to take delivery of the car on the 6th March!!! Hooray! Howver has cost me an extra £800 bucks! Should I ask for a discount??

YES

Oh well,

If you haven't already agreed a discount then definately yes. You've got a very unique car there, not many with MM, ICE and sunroof I would guess.

I can't think what might be wrong with the MM, I've not noticed anything other than the ott nannying when you're driving.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links