Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Discounts

Picked up my 250 Sport in Messa Red yesterday from Lexus Newcastle - can't believe the difference to the 200 - I honestly cannot pick fault with it - its shod with 18in Dunlops and the ride is no worse than on the LE that I traded in - it has moved the game on immeasurably. :D

Dealer told me that it is getting increasingly difficult to source the cars - it is being a massive success in America and that is Lexus number one customer so naturally they are trying to keep up with demand over there which causes a knock on effect over here.

I did manage to get a 1000 discount on mine when ordered 6 weeks ago but he says there will be no more discounts whatsoever and that because they are unable to keep up with supply Lexus are going to pull their advertising campaign off TV earlier than expected.

He also sold his demonstrator with 3,000 miles for £500 above list price - he reckons this is going to become more common because of the present shortage - good news for depreciation I suppose for those of us who are lucky enough to have our 250's now.

I did manage to get a 1000 discount on mine when ordered 6 weeks ago but he says there will be no more discounts whatsoever and that because they are unable to keep up with supply Lexus are going to pull their advertising campaign off TV earlier than expected.

If that's true, its actually quite funny that Lexus have to stop advertising the car because they can't supply them quick enough! Maybe they should just stop selling them for a while :lol:

Its great that the demand is so high, will help keep residuals up, but just hope they're not playing the Mercedes game, which is to intentionally have a production rate slower than its demand rate artificially inducing this situation... :unsure:

Congratulations on the new car, any pics? (especially the interior, would like to see what the escaine looks like). Saw a red one the other day it it looked very nice indeed - yours will be even nicer with the 18" rims and lowered suspension B)

Picked up my 250 Sport in Messa Red yesterday from Lexus Newcastle - can't believe the difference to the 200 - I honestly cannot pick fault with it - its shod with 18in Dunlops and the ride is no worse than on the LE that I traded in - it has moved the game on immeasurably. :D

Dealer told me that it is getting increasingly difficult to source the cars - it is being a massive success in America and that is Lexus number one customer so naturally they are trying to keep up with demand over there which causes a knock on effect over here.

He also sold his demonstrator with 3,000 miles for £500 above list price - he reckons this is going to become more common because of the present shortage - good news for depreciation I suppose for those of us who are lucky enough to have our 250's now.

Figures posted by Toyota in the USA for February sales:

Lexus Division

Lexus passenger cars experienced February sales of 10,615 units, an increase of 11.4 percent. The all-new IS luxury sports sedans, which debuted in October, reported best-ever February sales of 3,882 units, an 807-percent increase over last February. The IS 250 reported sales of 2,710, with the IS 350 recording 1,172 units.

Thats absolutley gorgeous inside! Just looks head and shoulders above the old IS interior. Bet you're thrilled to bits!

I dont believe Lexus would stop advertising the car because of a shortage of numbers. Alot of research would have gone into predicted volume sales along time prior to the launch last November. Car manufacturers aren't stupid but dealers talk can be... Car sales guys tell you what you want to hear. Make the customer feel good about their purchase kinda thing.

Car looks gorgeous in red, those alloys finish it off perfectly, can't believe they're not an option on the other models. And the escaine looks much better in your pics than it does on the Lexus Japan website, guess its on what angle the photos from :winky:

Hi Jamboo - I definitely think we have made the right choice with Mesa - I've already given mine the CarSparkle treatment as recommended by yourself - has come up a treat.

In my opinion the colour options for the new IS contain too many "silvers" - the only really bold colour available is the Mesa Red - I know Red isn't everyone's cup of tea but I genuinely think that it shows off the curves of the 250 better than any other paint job. :D

Hi Jamboo - I definitely think we have made the right choice with Mesa - I've already given mine the CarSparkle treatment as recommended by yourself - has come up a treat.

In my opinion the colour options for the new IS contain too many "silvers" - the only really bold colour available is the Mesa Red - I know Red isn't everyone's cup of tea but I genuinely think that it shows off the curves of the 250 better than any other paint job. :D

Absolutely...like a beatifully tanned body :lol:

My dealer still hasn't called me about my delivery you know...it should be in the UK tomorrow...

Absolutely...like a beatifully tanned body :lol:

My dealer still hasn't called me about my delivery you know...it should be in the UK tomorrow...

Getting very close now Jamboo ... sleepless nights kicking in with all that anticipation :D

I bet you wont be thinking about much else, jamboo !!!

I still have 2 months to wait and i'm already having sleepless nights !!!

2 rite...

not pushing the dealer at the moment as I'm travelling on business for another week. Won't be able to pick it up until next Saturday at the earliest (oh I hate hire cars).

Incidentally, been travelling a lot over the last week. Have seen 4 more new IS's in journey's totalling over 1200 miles all over the midlands and northeast, of which only one I noticed was an "06" plate...all the rest were "55's".

Back to topic - It's probably the dealers trying to convince you how "lucky" you are at having got one...

They're all just salesman at the end of the day (pity them :tomato: ).

So, I get a call from my salesman...Car has actually arrived at the dealer as stated!

Blooming problem is that I'm out and about at customer premises all over the UK until next Friday! Oh p155!

Everythings ready now except me! After everything, can U beleeeeeeve that!

Anyway, I'd rather they don't rush the PDI, so it's likely to be the 18th...then it's all smiles!

Jamboo - Red looks good, I had one for a week, is it black interior?

Apparently there is a shortage for automatics, manuals are not a problem. The dealer said to me that Lexus underestimated the sales figures in the UK and US. They are currently trying to meet the enormous demand from the US market and hence the reason for delay.

Another salesman said Lexus didnt want to be like BMW(Typical). It was targetted towards an exclusive class and hence they want to supply only in limited number.

I personally think its one of those maketing techniques - lesser the supply, higher the demand and vice versa.

Javeed

Apparently there is a shortage for automatics, manuals are not a problem. The dealer said to me that Lexus underestimated the sales figures in the UK and US. They are currently trying to meet the enormous demand from the US market and hence the reason for delay.

Another salesman said Lexus didnt want to be like BMW(Typical). It was targetted towards an exclusive class and hence they want to supply only in limited number.

I personally think its one of those maketing techniques - lesser the supply, higher the demand and vice versa.

Javeed

The Japaneese market could be causing some of it as well. Lexus have just launched there i.e. the lexus cars are no longer called toyota. Remember there are a limited number of right hand drive countries as well.

Javeed

Yup, Black leather!

This puzzles me:

every dealer so far is claiming that it's hard getting hold of Auto/mm in SE or SE-L.

Just look at how many approved ones are kicking about at the dealers at the moment...

http://www.lexus.co.uk/approved_preowned/preowned_search.asp

38 auto's when I looked...many have MM too! The colour choice is typically "ex-demo" - i.e. silver, black etc

This puzzles me:

every dealer so far is claiming that it's hard getting hold of Auto/mm in SE or SE-L.

Just look at how many approved ones are kicking about at the dealers at the moment...

38 auto's when I looked...many have MM too! The colour choice is typically "ex-demo" - i.e. silver, black etc

I checked out the diesels and most don't seem to be available yet. Looks like the dealers are doing some pre-selling.

This puzzles me:

I checked out the diesels and most don't seem to be available yet. Looks like the dealers are doing some pre-selling.

Scott - true, or they can't sell them for 3 months....some tax thing I suppose...so these are likely to be demo's!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links