Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Paint

Washed and polished the 250 (again) and noticed a small indentation in the offside rear passenger door with a small area of silver paint dead centre :tsktsk: .

Looks like the forecast problem with not having protection strips on the new model is correct, and my once immaculate bodywork now has it's first dint.

The silver paint polished off (perhaps from corner of the door on the silver Boxster I parked next to on Thursday night), and the good news is the Cadoxton Slate hasn't even scratched. The bad news is I can see the shallow indent in that otherwise large flat area of the door.

Anyone know how to pop it back out without removing the inside trim?

There are those dent sucking things you can buy, but on a new car I would personally get someone like dentwizard to come out and sort it for you. If its small, then it shouldn't cost more than about £40, and they won't dismantle the door at all :)

I hate clumsy and inconsiderate people who dont watch their frigging doors when other cars are parked near them.

The amount of times I have parked in 1/2 empty car parks, out away from all the other cars only to come back and find some **&$ has parked right up beside me. I just don't understand it. Do they think cars are social machines and need to be kept in packs.

Parent and Child spaces are the way to go or failing that DISABLED spaces !!.

My philosophy is - I paid thousands for my pride and joy and I want to keep it that way !!

The attitude of the world today seems to be "Lets be totally inconsiderate to everybody out there, and show no respect for other peoples property"

Well I'm sorry but since you can't beat em - join em and park in a 'safe' space that has space enough for the little brats to fling the doors open without it hitting your vehicle.

Sorry but a few years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of parking in a parent & child or disabled space but not any more !! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

The Ed (with a dent free car....)

I don't park in disabled spaces (don't think that's fair) but have occasionally parked in mother & baby spaces because I believe all parking spaces should be that big :angry:

Has anyone been to the costco in chingford? Absolutely massive parking spaces there - perfect! :D

[snip]

The attitude of the world today seems to be "Lets be totally inconsiderate to everybody out there...[snip]

Well, if you're parking in disabled spaces, in my opinion you have joined the "let's be totally inconsiderate" brigade.

Si

My philosophy is - I paid thousands for my pride and joy and I want to keep it that way !!

The attitude of the world today seems to be "Lets be totally inconsiderate to everybody out there, and show no respect for other peoples property"

Well I'm sorry but since you can't beat em - join em and park in a 'safe' space that has space enough for the little brats to fling the doors open without it hitting your vehicle.

Sorry but a few years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of parking in a parent & child or disabled space but not any more !! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Thats got to be one of the most inconsiderate things anyone can do.

Well if I ever see you getting in or out of your car without a child in sight, I'll be having a word with you, mate.

There aren't enough Parent spaces as it is and there are less of them than disabled spaces.

You wanna try getting a baby and toddler strapped into their seat while in a normal space - its impossible - and your more likely gonna dink the car next to you's door cos its too tight!!!

Well if I ever see you getting in or out of your car without a child in sight, I'll be having a word with you, mate.

There aren't enough Parent spaces as it is and there are less of them than disabled spaces.

You wanna try getting a baby and toddler strapped into their seat while in a normal space - its impossible - and your more likely gonna dink the car next to you's door cos its too tight!!!

I think he is in his right to do so, maybe not the disabled spots but the parent and child spots are game. I would love for you to approach me when i park in a parent and child spot, i dont think you would dude which would be best for you.

That's fine... I AM a parent !! I just leave my kids at home (they are 17 and 19 :D ). There is no pre-requisite that you MUST have your children with you to use the spaces !! :winky:

Orrrrrr... If I take my mum shopping then she's the parent and I'm baby !!

The Ed

Well guys, it was the Hilton Hotel car park in central Leeds and I don't think the Porsche driver was carrying kids, and that time of night he wasn't shopping.

I just put it down to carelessness on his part as I thought I'd given him plenty of room.

Local bodyshop recomended a man and a van who apparently does a good job providing the paint isn't broken (it isn't). Only worry is that he reckons the guy uses a wedge between the glass and the rubber seal to get a body tool inside the panel. Sounds a bit risky :msn-oh:

Washed and polished the 250 (again) and noticed a small indentation in the offside rear passenger door with a small are of silver paint dead centre :tsktsk: .

Looks like the forecast problem with not having protection strips on the new model is correct, and my once immaculate bodywork now has it's first dint.

The silver paint polished off (perhaps from corner of the door on the silver Boxster I parked next to on Thursday night), and the good news is the Cadoxton Slate hasn't even scratched. The bad news is I can see the shallow indent in that otherwise large flat area of the door.

Anyone know how to pop it back out without removing the inside trim?

Had a little dent on my old car, in the drivers front door, managed to pop it back by using a slim jim. Slip it down between window and door and turn it very gently, just popped straight out.

Had a little dent on my old car, in the drivers front door, managed to pop it back by using a slim jim. Slip it down between window and door and turn it very gently, just popped straight out.

What is slim jim mate ? Can it be used for dent on the rear bumper ?

Slim Jims are picks for getting into cars.

ak60.jpg

3rd one from the left I used. Obviously not available to everyone but he asked how to remove a dent.

Probably be easier to take the bumper off to try and remove the dent from the inside.

Whenever I doubt a car which might cause dent on my Lex I noted down the rego number and take picture if I have a camera with me. I always tried to leave a big space between my Lex and the other car in the parking by sticking my Lex as close to the wall that I have to get out through the passenger's door sometime, however a big dent still occurred one day on my return to pick it up ;) I managed to find the owner since it was in a hotel. It was a doctor and when he saw the dent on my Lex, his first reaction was like and shout like a gangster "This is nothing, look, plenty of dents of every cars. Have you got proof ? Did you see I did it ?". Anyway, that was logged with the local police that would give him a bit trouble though.

ak60.jpg

3rd one from the left I used. Obviously not available to everyone but he asked how to remove a dent.

Probably be easier to take the bumper off to try and remove the dent from the inside.

Slim Jim's mate are used to break into cars basically. Lee has given away his part time job.

So thats how you paid for the supercharger :lol: Can i put in an order for a double din headunit. :winky:

"Not available to everyone.." i like that one :D

Net One, its best to be prepared. I would have slammed '50 cent's' face into his car and give a dent.

ak60.jpg

Slim Jim's mate are used to break into cars basically. Lee has given away his part time job.

So thats how you paid for the supercharger :lol: Can i put in an order for a double din headunit. :winky:

"Not available to everyone.." i like that one :D

Net One, its best to be prepared. I would have slammed '50 cent's' face into his car and give a dent.

lol, not so much break in, more like gain entry at the owners permission. I'm training to be a locksmith.

Slight change of subject but i'm quite impressed by how solid the body panels are.

After having my IS250 for three weeks I got hit by some flying wood.

I was on the M3 doing... 70mph :winky: in the outside lane. I didn't see it coming it was just suddenly there.

I ran over two piles of planks of wood on the road and then someone in the middle lane ran over a plank and it flew up and hit me on the passenger side front wing. It made quite a bang.

Someone had lost a load of planks of wood in the outside lane! The guy had pulled over a few hundred yards ahead. He had a trailer with loads of wood. What was he doing in the outside lane towing a trailer :tsktsk:

I was gutted. I drove on to the next services and pulled over fuming, expecting to see a massive dent.

There was nothing. A small mark in the lacquer. It hit me right between the door and the wing which i suppose is stronger around the folds.

My last car. a pug 307 had body panels like paper.

I suppose thats why the IS250 weighs in at 2045kg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links