Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should Turkey Be In The Ec?

tdiplc

Considering that Turkey is primarily a Muslim country with a deplorable human rights and militant record, and that Turkey has always been in Asia Minor, not in Europe, and that the vast majority of drug and slave trafficing is done by the Turkish, should the EC embrace them or tell them where to go?

I think this one is going to be a no brainer.

I thought this post was going to be about Christmas lunch....

My answer: No. Turkey should be in the oven where it belongs!

Loz

ps. hmmm.....hungry? I think so!

On a serious note:

anyone who tramples on other peoples rights should be deprived of their own. Simple.

Agreed

Given the times we live in and the fact that the country is mostly muslim (90,000,000 of them if you are counting), if only 0.00001 % of the population were members of Al-Quida (or similar), thats nine terrorists :nuke: , enough to hijack two planes by my calcs.

And on that subject, who the hell does Dubbya :devil: think he is telling the EU to get on with negotiations with Turkey. Maybe you should let them join the USA, George !!!

BTW Turkey are the thin end of the wedge, Tunisia and Morroco want to join too and both are probably more liberal, western and democratic than Turkey.

Thats what I'm here for Mr TDIPLC....

Also on a serious note I had a gun pulled on me in turkey by a copper who wanted a group of us to move off the street and back in a bar. bit extreme I thought.

I was going to ask him, "Is it becoz I IZ BlaK? " but, my sense of survival got the better of me.

They take the side walk very seriously in Turkey!

Loz

NO they shouldnt b let in the EU!!!!!!!!!!!

they take over half of cyprus, kick the cypriots out of there homes destroyed ppls lives and now coz they wanna get in the eu they wanna come to an agreement, they can ALL kiss my CYPRIOT *****!!!!!!!

im gonna go ninja on them i thinks :shruriken: soz had to use that smilie

seriosly no they shouldnt

greeks aint even allowed in the other half of cyprus or in turkey at all as we face gettin killed if we do.

It all became clear yesterday :duh:

That imbecile that currently leads us has filled his trousers over the terrorism issue, and has stated that bringing in a Muslim country will help them feel all nice any cosy and European and make them embrace our culture. The only thing that these people want to embrace is our cash.

This guy doesn't get out much. Maybe he should take a walk through Tottenham, Wood Green, Haringey, Manor Park, Bradford, Birmingham etc.

I say if they can't accept our culture and way of life, let them suffer in peace in their own third world enviroment. I do not see why we should change our ways to make them feel at home. It wouldn't happen the other way around.

:excl::angry::excl::angry:

....Imagine there are no countries....

Is it a country or religious issue ?

Does it matter? - it's still probably upsetting some people to read about it here?

What would you think if you saw a thread from a Turkish person about chucking the UK out of the EC?

Don't get me wrong - I believe that everyone is entitled to their views, and I have plenty of my own - I'm just questioning the purpose of airing them here - we may have some Turkish or Islamic member who might be offended.

Cheers

....Imagine there are no countries....

Is it a country or religious issue ?

Does it matter? - it's still probably upsetting some people to read about it here?

What would you think if you saw a thread from a Turkish person about chucking the UK out of the EC?

Don't get me wrong - I believe that everyone is entitled to their views, and I have plenty of my own - I'm just questioning the purpose of airing them here - we may have some Turkish or Islamic member who might be offended.

Cheers

that argument can be easily applied to any single post on any forum Rod.

People who have fitted exhaustX may be upset and offended to hear that other members think its crap, detracts from performance and is horrendouly overpriced.

The thing is, that none of the opinions stated here have expressed with the intent to offend.

Everyone has the right to an opinion, and to express it.

Just ss long as they express it in such a way so as not to deliberately offend.

I haven't read any posts here which set out to offend anyone - and would suggest that if anyone has been offended, that they respond to the member who posted the comment, and take it up with them in a sensible and mature manner.

Personally, I didn't think Tukey should be allowed in the EU - and I am gald that they were refused entry.

But did anyone else have the mental image of this discussions taking place with some of these propspective entrants sat there with begging bowls in front of them?

Poland was one - holding out until it go even more free money?

Momey which they needed as a result of joining the EU?

Very circulaqr argument - we want to join the EU, but you will need to give us more free money becuase our farmers will not be able to compete - because we've joined the EU.

I think that's what I just said Matt - but IMO it doesn't matter whether you intended to offend or not - at least not here(?)

I for one find it a little offensive to generalise about a whole race / culture in the way that some of the posts here do

Presumably I'm entitled to MY opinion too?

I think that's what I just said Matt - but IMO it doesn't matter whether you intended to offend or not - at least not here(?)

I for one find it a little offensive to generalise about a whole race / culture in the way that some of the posts here do

Presumably I'm entitled to MY opinion too?

of course you are Rod!

;)

I can understand your point about generalising an entire country - but surely that has to be done in this case - as it is the country as a whole which is applying for membership.

I can understand your point about generalising an entire country - but surely that has to be done in this case - as it is the country as a whole which is applying for membership.

That's exactly my point mate - a lot of the posts refer to PEOPLE and not the country though!

which brings me back to my point about the Christmas Meal??

Is it ironic that Christmas is not widly celebrated in Turkey but, Turkey is integral to the celebrations of Christmas. We Eat Turkey for Christmas and the EU will Eat Turkey for Breakfast...

Sorry, its late and I've been at the port....

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links