Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is Overpriced? Is This The Proof?

i've made it clear before i think the new IS is overpriced compared to the old model

is the proof now that only a short time after launch dealers are offering delivery milage only models?

maybe they know Lexus plan to reduce the price due to poor sales as they did with the old model and are dumping there stock !

I thought sales had gone through the roof with the new model, or is that just stateside?

In queensland Australia you still have to wait about 3 months for new IS if its a different colour or sat/nav option dealers are only getting base model or luxury with basic colour.

i've made it clear before i think the new IS is overpriced compared to the old model

is the proof now that only a short time after launch dealers are offering delivery milage only models?

maybe they know Lexus plan to reduce the price due to poor sales as they did with the old model and are dumping there stock !

As I understand it, Lexus dealers are allocated cars but must sell them within a fixed period or Lexus reserves the right to offer them to other dealerships. If a dealer has a particular spec that does not appear to be shifting and that period end is drawing near they may well offer some incentives. That said the only nearly new IS that I have seen for sale in dealerships were 55 Reg demonstrators that were being replaced by 06 ones.

The other point is that comparing the price of the new IS to the old IS is pointless as the new one competes against the BMW 3 series, Audi A4s etc and any price comparisons must be made with them. The big jump in price between old IS and new IS can only help the residuals of the older car as it fills that sub £20k price bracket.

Interesting thread. You really cannot compare old IS to New IS. A different animal. It's more expensive, yes, but a completely different car. Totally different animals. You only have to look at how many of the "German" brigade have a bought a Lexus G2 IS, as that is where it sits firmly. The old one sat in between, and covered a niche which the Accord is now covering...

However, what's interesting is that the dealers have quite a few 55 plate Auto's with MM, Leicester appears to have at least 3, all with <5000 on the clock...and they keep telling us all how they can't get Auto's with MM...and they're not :sick: colours either!

I think they've stopped making them, or they have a quota of what they will sell in the UK/manufactured with UK Spec. They may have hit the quota and won't make any more. It's a typical Japanese marketing trick!

The ones for sale all appear to be silver/black on the whole with MM, and they are the "safe stock choices" that dealers buy up as demo's. The other ranges don't have appear to have MM, and ones with MM I believe are in high demand.

I said in one of my earlier threads that I think the price will drop initially, and will then hold as it becomes perceptably affordable to the G1 IS Owners upgrading...? There may be a second wave of demand...

Seen this one !!

Cheap new Lexus IS deals from www.new-car-discount.com

With prices starting from, £22400 and savings of up to £0, there has never been a better time to buy your new car.

All Lexus IS come with full manufacturer warranty and as always, are UK sourced - no imports guaranteed!

Where have you seen delivery mileage ones for sale Pacemaker?

I seen the light blue coloured MK 2 IS (dont know the name of the colour).

It looked absolute pants. Old mans/woman car especially that colour which is similar to the citroen LMFAO!! :lol:

I think the marketing has been cleverly deployed by the japanese. I do think that it has been a relative sucess over here. Time will tell the real truth and yes the IS MK1 and MK2 are different cars all together.

I will be qiute happy in my old mans car !!!thank you very much..........dont forget old men were once young men and probably better ones at that .....old or young.

THE IS 250 IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THE IS200....maybe the boy racers should stick to their scoobies

I will be qiute happy in my old mans car !!!thank you very much..........dont forget old men were once young men and probably better ones at that .....old or young.

THE IS 250 IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THE IS200....maybe the boy racers should stick to their scoobies

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm (only) 38...I love my new IS...best car I've ever had...You've got to see the people in Leicester who drive Old IS's...(only kidding, before you torch me)

Now then, where did I put my pension book....oh I forgot, don't need one for another few decades!

It looked absolute pants. Old mans/woman car especially that colour which is similar to the citroen LMFAO!! :lol:

I think the marketing has been cleverly deployed by the japanese. I do think that it has been a relative sucess over here. Time will tell the real truth and yes the IS MK1 and MK2 are different cars all together.

Yellow Celica T Sport to Brechin Slate IS220d.

"Gay" to "Old" overnight in June, all in someone else's opinion of course :winky:

After the Cooper 'S', Lotus and Lancia I'm glad I've managed to find a car that (in some peoples opinion) matches my age...still got the Toyota though.....the IS200 Sport. :tomato:

Yellow Celica T Sport to Brechin Slate IS220d.

"Gay" to "Old" overnight in June, all in someone else's opinion of course :winky:

LOL!!

Yeah everyone has an opinion i guess. Just that colour did nothing for the new IS. Unfortunately now that the old IS has become more affordable there are scrotes driving them. Kinda makes me sick as i paid top dollar for mine then the new IS is launched. :tsktsk:

Gotta admit there were a few pics posted of some IS350/250's in the states, modded and they looked the part.

I think i am still resentful about paying good money and now finding them more common place because they have become cheaper. Hopefully i will be changing by xmas. :shifty:

the is250 IS the replacement for the 200 , otherwise they would still produce the 200

the price hike is unforgiveable

yes its better and 'a different animal' but so should all replacements otherwise why bother?

whats the view from honest salesmen?

the one i spoke to said sales of 250 were slow and loads of loyal customers walk away when the price comes up

and by the way only us on here like it the press still awards the 3 series the crown

lexus should have stayed where it was , a niche car and german alternative

and priced the same as a 318 but with a 6 cylinder and better spec

isnt that why we all bought one in the first place??

:whistling: I will sit in my new IS250MMand listen to the music (when it arrives) and enjoy every minute detail..........even at €60,680.

I know others will prefer to sit in their IS200s. but you really should catch a grip....the is 250s are sold as fast as they are made ....there is a 14 week waiting time.

If i could not afford one I would still be glad for those who were driving them.

:whistling: I will sit in my new IS250MMand listen to the music (when it arrives) and enjoy every minute detail..........even at €60,680.

I know others will prefer to sit in their IS200s. but you really should catch a grip....the is 250s are sold as fast as they are made ....there is a 14 week waiting time.

If i could not afford one I would still be glad for those who were driving them.

Well ware Nicnac (in advance)..... the more new ones sold the better, lots more choice of used ones in years to come...... without the high price :)

€60,680!!!.... thats a fair mark up, i thought they were supposed to start @ €44,000 over here.... and i thought Mercs were bad for the options...

:duh:

Hi Pacemaker

I would never have considered an IS200/300 and only became interested in a Lexus with the launch of the IS250. Many of my friends aged 45+ agree. We want a large serve of comfort and luxury, with a small serve of sportiness, exactly what the IS250 offers. Modding is a minor consideration.

The higher price sets it beyond the reach of many purchasers adding to its perceived value. I feel Lexus have made a brilliant change of direction, better aligning their product offering through the range.

I was not even considering lexus (the old 200 just looks too boring for my liking) and only got interested when i saw pics of the new IS plus heard a diesel was going to be available. The price is comparable to a 3series/C Class so I'm not complaining. Given that I ordered in Jan and am getting delivery in June I'm finding it hard to believe that they are not selling - more like lexus can't make enough.

Anyway i am looking forward to my 220D SE MM

I was not even considering lexus (the old 200 just looks too boring for my liking) and only got interested when i saw pics of the new IS plus heard a diesel was going to be available. The price is comparable to a 3series/C Class so I'm not complaining. Given that I ordered in Jan and am getting delivery in June I'm finding it hard to believe that they are not selling - more like lexus can't make enough.

Anyway i am looking forward to my 220D SE MM

I was told there is a problem with certain colours being more popular than expected. I accepted my second choice as there was one already on the way with the spec I wanted. Other than that.... it's a long wait.

Well ware Nicnac (in advance)..... the more new ones sold the better, lots more choice of used ones in years to come...... without the high price :)

€60,680!!!.... thats a fair mark up, i thought they were supposed to start @ €44,000 over here.... and i thought Mercs were bad for the options...

:duh:

€54225 for the petrol executive a/t

plus € 1050 for about 5L metallic paint unless you want black

plus€ 5435 for multimedia system

is probably around about the cost for top of range job.

"Basic" petrol is € 45850 in one non metallic colour, black. (BIG CHOICE HUH)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links