Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spyshots Of Is Coupe And Convertible

Someone pooh-poohed the idea of a 5.0, claiming that "Toyota doesn't HAVE a 5.0L engine".

My anonymous post should appear soon, pointing out that they have the 1GZ-FE which is a 5 litre V12. :D

This is the news I've been waiting for, can't be too far off then......

Although does that mean its not going to be a hard-top convertible? Or are they just going to have a proper coupe as well?

This is the news I've been waiting for, can't be too far off then......

Although does that mean its not going to be a hard-top convertible? Or are they just going to have a proper coupe as well?

According to thehollywoodextra.blogspot the convertible has a folding hardtop (SLK style). So at a guess Lexus will offer a proper IS Coupe and IS Convertible(Hardtop).

i wish they'd work on reducing the size of those wing mirrors!!!

although to be fair they don't seem that big when you are in the car.

i wonder if we will ever see them here...

i wonder if we will ever see them here...

I now prefer the look of the large wing mirrors and find the wing mirros on other cars look small and strange.

And the increased visibility

I think they greatly add to the personality of the car. Did not like them at first, but now I would not want them to change them.

Would love to see the finished article! Coupe or Cabriolet! I read once that add GM + Ford + Daimler Crysler and times its by three, then you have what Toyots worth! Very impressive!

I think they greatly add to the personality of the car. Did not like them at first, but now I would not want them to change them.

Wing mirrors are the size they are to conform to European legislation, which relates to the size of the mirror in relation to the size of the car. In 2007 there will be a new legislation that explains all this, but Lexus (as ever) are ahead of the game, and will not have to re model any of there cars to conform to this. I.e BMW and Audi having to re shape the mirrors on their cars, however they will probably pass it off as a facelift!!

And like you say, once you get into another car, the mirrors look tiny!! Long live the IS mirrors!

Wing mirrors are the size they are to conform to European legislation, which relates to the size of the mirror in relation to the size of the car. In 2007 there will be a new legislation that explains all this, but Lexus (as ever) are ahead of the game, and will not have to re model any of there cars to conform to this. I.e BMW and Audi having to re shape the mirrors on their cars, however they will probably pass it off as a facelift!!

And like you say, once you get into another car, the mirrors look tiny!! Long live the IS mirrors!

BMW face lift.......what are the chances of that?!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links