Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Still not yet been mapped. The running in miles of the new engine are complete and I've also had the oil and filter changed. I'm just waiting on getting the rest if the exhaust system fitted. I went to get a quote from a place in Northampton on Monday (already spoke to them on the phone) and after waiting around for an hour to see somebody I thought ****** 'em. So I'm going over to somewhere else hopefully either tomorrow or Friday if I finish work early.

Other than that its already to go.

I went to get a quote from a place in Northampton on Monday (already spoke to them on the phone) and after waiting around for an hour to see somebody I thought ****** 'em.

this never ceases to amaize me . i find the same problom over here you contact a garage or shop to ask when the best time to come to talk to someone about your car and what you want to do to it . they then tell you when to come in but still dont spend any sort of time to talk to you to answer your questions . i know if anyone came into my shop to posibly spend a few hundered id answer every question he had and make sure they felt fine when walking out the door . customer service in most modding places are crap imo.

Yeah very similar set ups. But as Daz said I've done a few little extra things to. Hopefully to help out with the finial BHP figures. As Daz' setup was restricted by some minor things, such as pipe work size, exhaust etc.

When I started the latest conversion. I originally was going for 500bhp. After some thought and discussion it was decided that the gearbox probably would not be able to handle the power. So I had to rethink if I wanted to change the gearbox too. Which i didnt because of cost and hassle. So I had to decide what kind of power I was after and stick to it.

Its no good deciding I want x amount of power and then in 6 months or so deciding I want y amount of power because things would have to be altered again to accomodate more power. The same applies for going for say 500bhp but only running 300bhp. The set up would not be running to its full potential and this could even cause problems down the line. Again having to alter the set up once more.

SOOooo I decided to aim for the 400bhp mark. As the gearbox can possibly handle this kind of power. The turbo that I've got is good for, I think 420bhp (might be a little more, can't quite remember). So it will be running at its optimium performance all of the time. I then had to have other work done and and other parts fitted that will be right for the performance I am after. It wasn't just 'buy this, have that done'. It was all done to try and achieve the 400bhp mark.

As for what BHP I am after I think that says it all. BUT as for what BHP I will get? We will have to see. :)

Ad, so you want 400 bhp.............thinking about it! i think you be lucky if the gearbox holds out.......but then it all comes down to if you want 400bhp or 400rwhp if its 400rwhp i dont think the gearbox will hold that power, it will be interesting to see if the IS gearbox can take it........keep us posted Ad as to how your gearbox is!

Yeah very similar set ups. But as Daz said I've done a few little extra things to. Hopefully to help out with the finial BHP figures. As Daz' setup was restricted by some minor things, such as pipe work size, exhaust etc.

When I started the latest conversion. I originally was going for 500bhp. After some thought and discussion it was decided that the gearbox probably would not be able to handle the power. So I had to rethink if I wanted to change the gearbox too. Which i didnt because of cost and hassle. So I had to decide what kind of power I was after and stick to it.

Its no good deciding I want x amount of power and then in 6 months or so deciding I want y amount of power because things would have to be altered again to accomodate more power. The same applies for going for say 500bhp but only running 300bhp. The set up would not be running to its full potential and this could even cause problems down the line. Again having to alter the set up once more.

SOOooo I decided to aim for the 400bhp mark. As the gearbox can possibly handle this kind of power. The turbo that I've got is good for, I think 420bhp (might be a little more, can't quite remember). So it will be running at its optimium performance all of the time. I then had to have other work done and and other parts fitted that will be right for the performance I am after. It wasn't just 'buy this, have that done'. It was all done to try and achieve the 400bhp mark.

As for what BHP I am after I think that says it all. BUT as for what BHP I will get? We will have to see. :)

Ad, so you want 400 bhp.............thinking about it! i think you be lucky if the gearbox holds out.......but then it all comes down to if you want 400bhp or 400rwhp if its 400rwhp i dont think the gearbox will hold that power, it will be interesting to see if the IS gearbox can take it........keep us posted Ad as to how your gearbox is!

i think 400wrhp would be about 480-500hp at fly, so i dont think he means that one, didnt spock with his twin turbo set up have 400bhp on the IS gear box, and im not sure but the aussie guy with the 1000bhp supra conversion had about 400 on the standard box.

Adie get some piccys up and maybe some sounds clips, make me jealous

and as everyone knows the IS gearbox is only capable of .............well, who actually knows ??

i am sure we are going to find out soon though :D

but if you think about it how often will the gearbox actually see 400bhp :yawn:

and as everyone knows the IS gearbox is only capable of .............well, who actually knows ??

i am sure we are going to find out soon though :D

but if you think about it how often will the gearbox actually see 400bhp :yawn:

I for one hope it can take the power/Torque, as i can rethink what i will use for my V8 setup, if it takes the power/torque ok, i couild use the IS gearbox to start with and have a R154 or V160 as back up if the IS gearbox gives up on me :whistling:

Quick Update..

Finally found somewhere for the exhaust system so this will be fitted next Thursday. Also found out that the new pipe work I had fitted from the downpipe is only 2.5" NOT 3" that I asked and paid for!! :tsktsk: :angry: So I'm having a full system fitted now, from downpipe back.

The car is being dropped off to be mapped a week on Saturday.. So it's nearly there. Should have no problems with it all being finished for the Fast Show ;) (hopefully :huh: )

Nice, im considering doing the same thing with mine because i cant find a sports cat.

Deano

If you've not heavily modified performance then I wouldn't get rid of the main cat, something about loss of back pressure. With the amount of boost I hope to be running I need to get rid of all the exhaust gasses asap. :)

eek I'll be the only lexus without a S/C or Turbo soon lol :P

Just caught up with this thread been a great read, Adie have you taken ur car back a demanded a 3" downpipe then? how did they think they could get away with that?

Ive got a turbo Adie which should be fitted at the end of April :winky: so no cats maybe the way to go. :D

Ahh cool. Definitely get rid of the cats then. But be prepared for the CEL to pop on now and again. What turbo set up system are you going for? Start a thread with pics!! :winky:

eek I'll be the only lexus without a S/C or Turbo soon lol :P

Just caught up with this thread been a great read, Adie have you taken ur car back a demanded a 3" downpipe then? how did they think they could get away with that?

The downpipe is 3". Its the next section that I had replaced. Originally it splits into 2 with a heatshield around it. I had this replaced at the time so as to fit the new downpipe so 'we' agreed that I just get it done in 3" to save me having it done again when I get the rest of the system done. So I was very ****** off that when looking at it yesterday its only 2.5". I'm going to see them this afternoon to have a moan and to pick up some money they owe me for when I had my bumper resprayed after they damaged it :tsktsk: :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links