Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nico try to get it sorted first, its the sensible thing to do mate. I can only imagine the cash you have paid out.

This however shouldnt be a bargaining tool as at the end of the day you have paid for a service its YOUR prerogative to air whether you felt it was a good service or bad.

Oh, I will give them exactly 5 minutes from an error is discovered until a solution that I am happy with is suggested. If the solution takes 3 weeks (like the brakes), I will accept that. However I will not accept blame being pushed on me or other delays. I have been fair to Dave, as they had my car for almost half a year (!!!), that is why I will not accept delays on how problems are solved. I am not happy at all that this has happened, I was hoping to be a satisfied customer. I have still not been sent a dyno sheet.

Will give Dave the chance to sort things out. I would actually suggest that he sends a "techie" or puts my car in to a garage to have everything fixed. I sent my car to them in MINT condition, and it comes back like a 15 year old italian car with LOTS of bugging flaus!!

Nico,

You booked your flight and ferry against our advice as the car had not been fully dyno'd and checked through.

Despite this we did everything in our power to get it done for you so you could get back home for work on the Monday following your arrival.

The clutch going half way through mapping was no ones fault and completely messed everything up.

On the Sunday when the car was put back together you refused the technicians request to road test the car saying you had to leave right away.

I'm confident that if you would have allowed the test drive to take place if there were any issues they could have been agreed and rectified.

We also offered a full professional valet FOC which you also refused.

Will give Dave the chance to sort things out. I would actually suggest that he sends a "techie" or puts my car in to a garage to have everything fixed. I sent my car to them in MINT condition, and it comes back like a 15 year old italian car with LOTS of bugging flaus!!

:lol: ...

surely how long you had the car these faults most have

been coming up

whats the odds of all these faults just happening on the journey home

if the list of faults were up for us to see you would see if they had been there a while

Not at all.

there was a slight judder on the brakes which was put down initially to out of balance wheels/and or alignment issue.

Everything else was as it should be.

I will say that the car is running well after considerably more than 40 miles before catching fire unlike Tdi-plc supercharger fitment on Kierans car..requiring a new bonnet and under bonnet wiring loom.........and that that the uprated fuel pump was not sealed in with perishable silicon like on your car (when owned by Simon Skippy) which could well have caught fire and killed you and your family.... this is not news to you as you have seen the evidence with your own eyes.. you have the clogged filter I believe......again fitted by that bastion of good practice Tdi-plc.

As has been mentioned above there are two sides to the story :winky:

I'd also like to say thank you to those of you that have sent texts & emails offering your support over what has become something of a witch hunt.

I've taken the decision to ignore the majority of comments which are only posted out of a desire to make mischief or explore hidden agendas.

My silence is not because I am guilty of any wrong doing but due to the fact that I have a life and don't have time to spend going over old matters or crossing swords with Mr Catchamole who despite being the only PLC in the tuning world in England (which is REALLY important it seems) has to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to rubbish Prolex.

I suppose his major grief is that his margins have dropped because of Prolex and worst of all I know someone who has been inside Tdi for 7 years and knows quite a lot about Catchamoles dodgy business practices.

Thats his problem not mine. I'll continue trying to offer a good service to customers at reasonable prices :D

Not here...start another thread :D

Three questions for you winnie.

1/ What, if any experience of car tuning do you have?

2/ Have you had any dealings with TDI?

3/ Have you had any dealings with Prolex?

I suspect the answer to all 3 is none, so butt out. You are just in this to add fuel to a fire you don't understand and to try to get your posts up because you have SFA of use to say.

This beats anything the Christmas telly can offer! :o

Its a sad state of affairs.

Nico, you do seem like a nice guy, but what I don't understand is:

1) Why would you come all the way from Norway to collect your car, if it was not ready even if it was delayed? Surely you would make sure the tuner is happy to release the car to you before you take the time and expense of coming back over?

2) Once collecting your car, it seems that Prolex offered to take it for a test drive with you to make sure everything was okay before allowing you to take it home. I understand that you were in a rush to get back, but after spending ALL that money I wouldn't have accepted the car unless it was perfect, especially if I knew that if I had problems I had to catch a ferry to bring it back!! Half an hour spent driving the car with the Prolex techie could have prevented alot of this hassle.

3) Why have you no final bill? With (what must be) the expensive bill, I'd always get a receipt? That doesn't sound right unless you still owe some money?

I have no particular affiliation with either Prolex or TDI as both seem to have good reputations, however I have met Dave at a few meets and his enthusiam for his and others cars is really wonderful.

Prolex seems to have spread and grown based on good customer feedback, so it would be most unsual for them to let you down.

Mark also seems very knowledgable and I have a few friends that use TDi North and are very happy with the service.

Hope this all gets sorted soon.

Good Luck :D

ok...seeing as the topic seems to be all over the place....im gonna try and add some "at a glance notes"

'NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='May 11 2006, 06:58 PM'

I will have my car in London for a month, and I will drive over there as soon as I can afford it, and have time to attend to a LOC meet!

NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Jun 20 2006, 09:01 PM'

The car is now @ Prolex. awesome! what a great little company! Far beyond my expectations. Hope the funds will allow heaps of mods.

NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Jul 12 2006, 06:35 PM'

car is still at prolex

NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Sep 6 2006, 04:39 PM'

Everything is being done by Prolex! I dropped the car off there almost 3 months ago. Haven't actually tried the car yet, as it is still in England and I am in Norway. Have had some major delays from suppliers, so they are abit behind schedule. I am waiting for the final mods to fall in place, Prolex told me that perhaps in the end of next week things would be done.. Can't wait! 3 hard months without a car!! sad.gif

Adie' 'Sep 6 2006, 04:07 PM'

You got the car back yet?

NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' 'Sep 6 2006, 04:39 PM'

No! =(

NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Oct 19 2006, 08:05 PM'

'ScarFace' date='Oct 19 2006, 07:35 PM'

Looking really good Nico ..............

When you getting it back ?

Thanks, mate! I was hoping for the 28th. By then the ICE should be done also.

ProLex-UK' date='Nov 3 2006, 07:22 PM'

'Adie' date='Nov 3 2006, 07:18 PM'

Are you having a full de-cat system fitted or one of Dave's high flow cats fitted

Full de-cated system with section supplied for MOT time

ProLex-UK' date='Nov 3 2006, 07:39 PM'

Adie' date='Nov 3 2006, 07:28 PM']

ProLex-UK' date='Nov 3 2006, 07:22 PM'

Adie' date='Nov 3 2006, 07:18 PM']

Are you having a full de-cat system fitted or one of Dave's high flow cats fitted

Full de-cated system with section supplied for MOT time

Have you found a solution for the CEL? I ask as nobody I know has yet found one and I'd be very interested in a solution msn-wink.gif

I've not had the problem...thankfully. What can be done is some electronic wizardry to fool the ecu(coupled with sensible mapping). When your cars finished I'm sure I could send you the right gizmo....however mark @ TDi should be able to help when re mapping your beast as the "fix" is nothing that new. Will be pleased to help if required tomato.gif

'NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Nov 6 2006, 09:32 PM'

Dyno date is confirmed, next friday! Oh yeah! Means the car should be ready by next weekend! biggrin.gif

NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Nov 22 2006, 08:14 PM'

guess what. Dyno was pushed to the coming monday. Don't worry, this is the first place those figures and ALL info is going!

'NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Nov 23 2006, 08:35 PM'

Dave promised me that the car would be done by Monday next week.. I have booked all tickets needed and will pick it up next weekend...

'NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:35 PM''

Bazza' post='398608' date='Nov 29 2006, 10:17 PM']

......any results from the dyno ?

..........................is it finished ?

Let Dave answer this

'NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:58 PM'

'winnie' date='Nov 29 2006, 10:48 PM']

Members are asking you Nico because its your car.......so is it finished or not? why wait for Prolex to answer these q's were all eagerly waiting for this project to come to fruition to see the end result.

I just got a call from Prolex, the clutch is broken and the car is not running now. This is stunning as I am going to pick it up on Friday, and that has put major dents in my plans.

NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Nov 30 2006, 08:09 PM'

'Adie' date='Nov 30 2006, 06:04 PM']

Is the car mapped

But you've got no dyno sheet / figures to prove power etc

No, the car is not dyno'd yet, it will be on saturday morning. If everything goes as planned I will catch the ferry and all will be good! If not I will have to drive through Europe. Prolex have promised me that the car will be finished on Saturday, and that is for me VERY relieving.

I am arriving Stanstead tomorrow night at 11:15. I don't know what I am going to do when I get there, anybody in the vicinity doing anything special on Friday? =)

ProLex-UK' date='Nov 30 2006, 09:06 PM'

Few corrections required methinks.

Car is mapped and had covered some 130 miles pre clutch problem.

Clutch started to slip on the final power runs so we aborted to fit new clutch.

Delay in project caused by the range of upgrades chosen and delays/glitches caused by it being a LHD car and fact that certain parts are unique to Nicos car.

In final analysis Nico will give his verdict after collecting his car.

'NicoLoco - IS 200 Turbo' date='Nov 30 2006, 09:33 PM'

'DAZA_W' post='398895' date='Nov 30 2006, 10:26 PM']

so what are the dyno results

does nico know results are they what expected ??

The thing is, guys.. I AM PICKING MY CAR UP ON SATURDAY! I can't wait! Had a very reassuring talk to Dave and his guys and they have told me that everything is, in many ways, in order! smile.gif

I will bring a videocamera and will record my first sight of the car, so that I can share the moment with you guys. After that I am going to make a vid of the car for my friends to see, I will share it with you if you are interested!

ProLex-UK' date='Dec 2 2006, 10:12 AM'

clutch went in OK

en route to dyno

on power should be 240 maybe a touch more as he's got a better downpipe than me wacko.gif and a better ECU msn-wink.gif

boost will be .5/.55 bar

off to collect Nico from his hotel

'ProLex-UK' date='Dec 2 2006, 07:34 PM'

still on dyno

at 255bhp at the moment whistling.gif

CAMCON to be added to equation

boost is .55 bar

car has garrett t28bb turbo,prolex-uk down pipe & 3" mandrel bent prolex-uk exhaust system,Prolex-uk fuel line upgrade,HKS FCON ecu & CAMCON (standard injectors tomato.gif )

Will leave Nico to post up final charts and pictures

and i think that kinda brings it upto date

Edited by Monster-Mat

Nico,

You booked your flight and ferry against our advice as the car had not been fully dyno'd and checked through.

Despite this we did everything in our power to get it done for you so you could get back home for work on the Monday following your arrival.

The clutch going half way through mapping was no ones fault and completely messed everything up.

On the Sunday when the car was put back together you refused the technicians request to road test the car saying you had to leave right away.

I'm confident that if you would have allowed the test drive to take place if there were any issues they could have been agreed and rectified.

Dave, I was promised the car on Saturday. Had I not booked the tickets the car would still have been in your posession. I declined the valet serivice as I stayed until saturday night. Your "techie" did not offer to test drive, however I was pushed in a corner by you.

surely how long you had the car these faults most have

been coming up

whats the odds of all these faults just happening on the journey home

if the list of faults were up for us to see you would see if they had been there a while

Not at all.

there was a slight judder on the brakes which was put down initially to out of balance wheels/and or alignment issue.

Everything else was as it should be.

I will say that the car is running well after considerably more than 40 miles before catching fire unlike Tdi-plc supercharger fitment on Kierans car..requiring a new bonnet and under bonnet wiring loom.........and that that the uprated fuel pump was not sealed in with perishable silicon like on your car (when owned by Simon Skippy) which could well have caught fire and killed you and your family.... this is not news to you as you have seen the evidence with your own eyes.. you have the clogged filter I believe......again fitted by that bastion of good practice Tdi-plc.

As has been mentioned above there are two sides to the story :winky:

I'd also like to say thank you to those of you that have sent texts & emails offering your support over what has become something of a witch hunt.

I've taken the decision to ignore the majority of comments which are only posted out of a desire to make mischief or explore hidden agendas.

My silence is not because I am guilty of any wrong doing but due to the fact that I have a life and don't have time to spend going over old matters or crossing swords with Mr Catchamole who despite being the only PLC in the tuning world in England (which is REALLY important it seems) has to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to rubbish Prolex.

I suppose his major grief is that his margins have dropped because of Prolex and worst of all I know someone who has been inside Tdi for 7 years and knows quite a lot about Catchamoles dodgy business practices.

Thats his problem not mine. I'll continue trying to offer a good service to customers at reasonable prices :D

Dave, I want you to understand that you haven't been offering me good service, and you know it. It is only right by me that you start listening to me and not to your so called Techie (why names aren't mentioned is beyond me). My car was in MINT condition when I delivered it to you, their are many errors now that should be taken care of and I want you to handle them swiftly. Blaming me for any errors is not the way to go, specially not blaming ME for your lack of time to finish the car. I declined valetservice due to time, and I do think that 6 months is enough time. I am very sad that this has turned out this way, as I honestly can say that I have lost some of the love for my car after this experience.

Now, this is what I want to say to end this post:

Please, Dave, help me here. I am in a tight spot with many errors that I have not inflicted on the car myself. I have trusted Prolex with my car, and still feel that I should be able to get better service than offered here.

One more thing: I was told by your techie that the car would be finished by monday the same week i collected the car, however I said that I could come by the end of the week. He said the car would DEFINATELY be ready by then.

Dave, I am not trying to lie to you. You need to start listening to my words instead of relying 100% on your techie that obviously has let you down this time. I have not said that the work is dodgy, I can understand that errors occur, I just want suggestions for solutions on these problems.

Thanks!

Someone could publish this and make a killing :lol:

I have met dave and bought stuff from prolex a few times always good kit and at a reasonable price i think 99.9% of ppl can vouch for this.

The only time when stuff ever gets knocked for prolex is when a car is taken in and work done by the "techie" I know as Prolex are using this guy/place of work it is down to them to sort it out, but i think the major issue that Prolex need to look at is a new workshop to get the work done, as this seems to be where all the problems arrise.

Just my thoughts

Good luck Nico hope to see you at JAE with a working car :duh:

I honestly think you are very VERY right. I don't see a problem with the way Prolex supply stuff through their webshop, however the problems arise when the car is handed to them for having work done. I have been contacted by a U.K. auto-magazine to tell my story. I don't want to, but if things can't be sorted out they have told me that they till help me with something called a "Traders union" to sort things out. That would still be the last step on the ladder, and I honestly am not keen on that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links