Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus "open Road 2006"

Guys and Gals,

We've been invited to the Lexus Open Road event at Kilworth House on 8th June. It's an opportunity to test drive the entire range - can't wait to drive the GS450h, GS300 to compare to a new IS and SC430...though I might drive the LS430 and the RX300/400h whilst being there.... or get a full set of drives if time will allow :winky:

Anyone else been invited/going :question: I am told it is by invitation only...

Can't wait.... :hehe:

Guys and Gals,

We've been invited to the Lexus Open Road event at Kilworth House on 8th June. It's an opportunity to test drive the entire range - can't wait to drive the GS450h, GS300 to compare to a new IS and SC430...though I might drive the LS430 and the RX300/400h whilst being there.... or get a full set of drives if time will allow :winky:

Anyone else been invited/going :question: I am told it is by invitation only...

Can't wait.... :hehe:

Went to one just outside Glasgow last weekend. They didn't have the LS models, as they are due for replacement, but had everything else.

Would recommend you arrive before your scheduled time, as everyone else seems to and the drives are on a first come first served basis.

GS450h was the highlight for me. Didn't get time for the RX400h but drove the RX350 which was good. RX300 now an ex model I think.

• 3 weeks later...

We got an invite to the Bury St Edmonds event. We will definatley be going

Went 2 Years ago and had a great time playing with all the cars.

Absolutely no hard (or soft) sell. All the staff are very good and just enccourage you to have a good day.

Jamboo, I went to the one at Kilworth House too, very nice setting and some tasty food too!

Having been there and driven the RX350 (OK), GS450h (Amazing), SC430 (Awesome) I can confirm that there is no hard sell whatsoever. At Kilworth House you picked the car or cars you wanted to drive and they just put you on a list. You could then have a drink or something to eat till you car was ready. In my case I didn't have to wait at all for any cars other than the SC430 but it was a very sunny day and the car was in demand.

When you car is ready someone took you out to it and if need be they would talk you through the route you take and give a brief overview of the car you are about to drive. In the case of the hybrid (GS450h) the guy really explained the system in depth, and answered all our questions.

While we were waiting for the SC430 one of they sales guys from Leicester who I have spoken to in the past confirmed that Lexus are bringing out a convertible AND a coupe of the IS. Though from past experience from other car dealers I normally do a "I'll believe it when I see it" as I have heard so many different rumors about the convertible IS.

Jamboo, I went to the one at Kilworth House too, very nice setting and some tasty food too!

Having been there and driven the RX350 (OK), GS450h (Amazing), SC430 (Awesome) I can confirm that there is no hard sell whatsoever. At Kilworth House you picked the car or cars you wanted to drive and they just put you on a list. You could then have a drink or something to eat till you car was ready. In my case I didn't have to wait at all for any cars other than the SC430 but it was a very sunny day and the car was in demand.

When you car is ready someone took you out to it and if need be they would talk you through the route you take and give a brief overview of the car you are about to drive. In the case of the hybrid (GS450h) the guy really explained the system in depth, and answered all our questions.

While we were waiting for the SC430 one of they sales guys from Leicester who I have spoken to in the past confirmed that Lexus are bringing out a convertible AND a coupe of the IS. Though from past experience from other car dealers I normally do a "I'll believe it when I see it" as I have heard so many different rumors about the convertible IS.

I've been invited to the one at Slaley Hall on the 4th July - I think I'll go now.

How come London dealers don't do this? (or are they just not inviting me? :unsure: )

I remember going with my dad to similar things with Volvo when I was really young, was always a fun day - come on Lexus, now that I can drive the cars I want to go to one! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links