Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short/stubby Radio Antenna

Hello.

Was in london recently and seen a IS200 with a short glossy radio antenna. Can anyone tell me where to obtain it, how much, and most importantly the performance on all bands compared with the original, as it may look good but if it dont perform then it aint much use, price would also be helpfull.

Thanks

G7UHF.

Seen one for sale on e-bay US

here

Apparently the short antenna from the LS430 fits the IS. And boy is IT SHORT!! B)

I'll be getting a price for the LS430 one tomorrow.

I assume it's as good a reception as the current IS one, if not better.

It is after all on an LS430. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

hello. Yes thanks for the input but the antenna i saw was approx 6" glossy and looked a lot better than the one they supply with the car. I bought something similar from the Honda garage but its not glossy otherwise its not to bad, reception is quite good. I see a lot of guys say "short antenna" in there cars profile so they must exist. As a point of intrest if anyone needs a replacement antenna for the 200 / 300 then Maplins do the same glossy finish antenna as on the car at a fraction of the price, about £8. G7UHF :hocus-pokus:

hello. Yes thanks for the input but the antenna i saw was approx 6" glossy and looked a lot better than the one they supply with the car. I bought something similar from the Honda garage but its not glossy otherwise its not to bad, reception is quite good. I see a lot of guys say "short antenna" in there cars profile so they must exist. As a point of intrest if anyone needs a replacement antenna for the 200 / 300 then Maplins do the same glossy finish antenna as on the car at a fraction of the price, about £8. G7UHF :hocus-pokus:

I have on original short antenna that I'm not actually using, and would happily swap for a normal one - at the moment, I have a temporary Golf one on it's normal place, but it doesn't fit flush.

The short antenna is fine, and when I used to use it with a UK radio I had no problems, but since I've imported a new Japanese head unit, I've had to use an FM band expander to catch UK stations again, as in order to work properly the band expander needs a stronger signal than the Altezza aerial could supply so I had to change it for a normal one.

PM me if interested.

Fitting a shoter mast, on the base of your already amplified aeriel, will most certainly reduce its performance. However, you can fit an "aerial booster" in the aeriel line, which has a seperate amplified supply wire.

These can be bought from any good car audio dealer, or even from the likes of Halfords, at about £12.

Tust me- I work for the largest car audio & security company in the UK. :D

There will be a group buy for Short Antenna's coming up soon, for those that can hold on. B)

The LS430 Antenna WILL fit an IS200, but requires some modification. :duh:

(Currently done by wrapping silver foil around the LS430 threads as the IS200 socket is larger.) :duh:

I hope to have different colours available. (Red Silver Black and chrome) :)

rather than wrapping the threads why not use

liquid E metal....or even the paste....before its sets screw in the antenna..........when it sets it will form the new threads...and should be able to still be screwed in and out......voila

You mean?

"Emimetapoly alloy." :alien:

"What the hell does that mean?" :blink:

"Liquid Metal." :alien:

I'll be back... :megaangry:

:D :D :D This is brilliant!!!!! :D :D :D

We have one post where you guys are talking tech stuff and Mat and I are completely baffled, and with this one its the other way round :D :D :D :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links