Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Or 300

Hi,

I am about to embark on buying my first IS 200 or 300 I would appreciate any advice no matter how trivia anyone could give me. At this stage I am unsure if I will purchase a 200 or 300 is there any good plus points for either model. The car will not be used every day and on average will do short journeys 60 miles return. I have seen some examples on the Auto Trader which I am slowly breaking down to a number of potential buys with an average price for a late 2003 being about 11K is this good

I will appreciate any comments.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi,

I am about to embark on buying my first IS 200 or 300 I would appreciate any advice no matter how trivia anyone could give me. At this stage I am unsure if I will purchase a 200 or 300 is there any good plus points for either model. The car will not be used every day and on average will do short journeys 60 miles return. I have seen some examples on the Auto Trader which I am slowly breaking down to a number of potential buys with an average price for a late 2003 being about 11K is this good

I will appreciate any comments.

Cheers,

Steve.

I would say IS300 all the way ................ UNLESS you don't like automatics.

If auto gearbox is not a problem for you, IS300 is the one to get ! ;)

Totally agree with ScarFace.

Plus points for the 300:

* 3 litre engine :)

* Great auto gearbox with steering wheel paddles.

* HID lamps.

* Full leather.

* Arm rest.

* Auto-dimming mirrors.

* LSD + VSC.

* Rear spolier.

The 200 is a nice car but if you can afford the 300 then go for it.

Thank you for you advice. The auto is not a problem and there is one very nice example on my "short list".

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Steve.

Thanks again there seems to be more "plus" points for the 300 if I can find the" right "one.

Steve

Totally agree with ScarFace.

Plus points for the 300:

* 3 litre engine :)

* Great auto gearbox with steering wheel paddles.

* HID lamps.

* Full leather.

* Arm rest.

* Auto-dimming mirrors.

* LSD + VSC.

* Rear spolier.

The 200 is a nice car but if you can afford the 300 then go for it.

Thanks appreciate the advice.

Steve

If you don't mind autos then definitely go with the 300 - if I hadn't been 19 when I got the IS it definitely would've been a 300. Fuel consumption between the 200 auto and 300 are almost the same as well :)

I appreciate all the advice guy's and will have to go to mainland UK to view as there is limited IS private sales here in N. Ireland but that is not a problem.

Will post my buy when I get it and still open to any other advice good or bad.

Cheers Steve.

I realise that for a true driving experience some would prefer a manual but it seems the IS300 performs well with the autobox. It seems there is not much to choose between the two so best thing I suppose is to drive both and see..."horses for courses", but appreciate all the comments.

Cheers,

Steve.

The 300 is not that much faster then the 200,but if its an auto your after then the 300 is for you.

lol ....... that's complete rubbish!

LOL.....your talking rubbish.

Its a fact,the 300 is only faster at top end on an open rd, around town i'll keep up with any STD 300. :D

If you've got a 300 then your either old or lazy or its difficult for you to concentrate on more than one thing at a time :D :D

The 300 is not that much faster then the 200,but if its an auto your after then the 300 is for you.

Its a fact,the 300 is only faster at top end on an open rd, around town i'll keep up with any STD 300. :D

If you've got a 300 then your either old or lazy or its difficult for you to concentrate on more than one thing at a time :D :D

lol

mr face is getting on nowadays

has for round town a ford ka will keep up with you

ah scarface :winky: :D

So how come a supercharged IS200 won't keep up with a stock IS300? :o

want to know why?

It's called torque :lol:

well if we compare "like with like", IS200 auto with IS300 auto, then then 200 is significantly slower. I have driven both cars...

steve, unless you specifically MUST have a manual box, I would say go for a 300. The torque is awesome as is the e-shift on the steering wheel. Lexus automatic gearboxes are smooth as silk.

"tune" one up like scarface has, and you can eat 330s and Audi TTs for breakfast...lol

Shall we have a vote then, or are you talking from personal experience ?

I have had both IS200 and IS300 ... the IS200 for over a year, and I think I know what I'm talking about.

How can you say that your IS200 can keep up with a std IS300, that's a joke right ? :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links