Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nooooo, Theres A Restrictor Up Its *****....

mAltezza

125mph 27914492555.jpg

how much is a apexi rsm?

where did you get it

try here. Click on the Apex link on the left them browse the electronics section.

or here on eBay, you will need to get it fitted professionally

And actually, its not limited to 180kmh, Mac(well mine isnt, got about 200kmh out of mine before limiter kicked in)

And actually, its not limited to 180kmh, Mac(well mine isnt, got about 200kmh out of mine before limiter kicked in)

Um...yes it is mate, my speedo says 120 mph when it kicks in but, like I said the GPS is at 112 mph. Convert 112 to K's and you will get, give or take 180.

And also how do you know it was 200 kph as the speedo only goes to 180 :winky:

Um...yes it is mate, my speedo says 120 mph when it kicks in but, like I said the GPS is at 112 mph. Convert 112 to K's and you will get, give or take 180.

And also how do you know it was 200 kph as the speedo only goes to 180 :winky:

The speedo went to 180kmh and went past it a bit. My clock is in kilometers. I double check it again but i remember coming close to 180kmh and was waiting for limiter to kick in and it didnt. The needle kept going another few cm then it kicked in. Mines a 1999, maybe different to your Mac

to deactivate the speed limiter, there are a few ways, but pretty much depends on wats ur transmission like.......

in malaysia, for a manual altezza/rs200, we can use the Apexi RSM to deactivate the speed cut......

as for the tiptronic model of altezza/rs200, we have no choice but to install the HKS SLD type 2....... other than that, proven, waste of money......

Try these guys - they have a small unit you attach to the ECU to remove the limiter - cost about £50, and has instructions for DIY fitting.

I know they have one for the manual Altezza - don't know about auto, but it's worth a phone call

http://importsolutions.co.uk/SCU/SCU_make.asp

Ian

Have you installed one successfully before on a Altezza Ian, If so this would be worth getting. Cheap way to delimit the engine!

Try these guys - they have a small unit you attach to the ECU to remove the limiter - cost about £50, and has instructions for DIY fitting.

I know they have one for the manual Altezza - don't know about auto, but it's worth a phone call

http://importsolutions.co.uk/SCU/SCU_make.asp

Ian

Have you installed one successfully before on a Altezza Ian, If so this would be worth getting. Cheap way to delimit the engine!

I've not used the Import Solutions unit, but I had this one:

http://www.protech-uk.co.uk/speedo_con_delimit.htm

fitted to my old Evo, and that worked prefectly (140 on Bruntingthorpe to prove it - cacked myself at that speed! :D ).

I had the Import Solutions speedo converter unit, but it's a separate unit to de-restrict, so I didn't bother getting both. The Pro-tech unit does both in one unit.

This may sound silly ........ but 'apparently' some of the supra boys have been known to just pull out the ABS fuse ......... and the limiter is also removed !

I think at that insane speed you'd want ABS working :o

btw, mAltezza ... is your Tezza AT or MT? The options mentioned above would only work for MT.

if AT, Apexi RSM will not work. You will either need to change to TOMS ECU or HKS SLD. TOMS will be preferable, as the HKS unit will force an upshift from 4th to 5th at 5000 rpm.

btw, mAltezza ... is your Tezza AT or MT? The options mentioned above would only work for MT.

if AT, Apexi RSM will not work. You will either need to change to TOMS ECU or HKS SLD. TOMS will be preferable, as the HKS unit will force an upshift from 4th to 5th at 5000 rpm.

its AT,

in that case, you will need a new TOMs ECU or a HKS SLD. As I said, TOMs is preferable, as the HKS module will force an upshift between 5-6K rpm on 5th gear.

To ease the pain, you will find that the TOMs ECU also helps the overal performance of the car, so you are not just getting a speed limit removal ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links