Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chipping The Is200

si's_lex

You'd probably be best off going for a supercharger kit as they're knocking about at the minute, makes a big difference to the low down torque, the car becomes much more responsive low down, the camcon would improve things a little but not on the same sort of scale as the supercharger kit :)

I find the Power Band kicks in at 4 1/2 thousand...can this be adjusted to come in at 3 thousand? or is what this camcon is? If you bring it down do you get a flat spot higher up?

Im interested in this for my RS too! Sorry for being a noob but whats a camcon? Could you buy an aftermarket ECU to improve the lack of low torque? If so are they pricey and how much difference do they make. cant really afford a supercharger at the mo

I have seen them on eBay, i dont really know what they are possible a ECU type thing that goes inline/piggy back and adjusts signals?

think TRD do something similar or there the same? hopefully somebody with knowledge will be along soon.

google power enterprise camcon and you shall find. Its a piggy back ECU that allows to you adjust the A/F/T in increments and works with vvti.

TDI have done some tests and have gotten good results even from a stock IS200. The unit itself costs around $390 USD.

....... also the standard Tezza ........ :winky:

google power enterprise camcon and you shall find. Its a piggy back ECU that allows to you adjust the A/F/T in increments and works with vvti.

TDI have done some tests and have gotten good results even from a stock IS200. The unit itself costs around $390 USD.

....... also the standard Tezza ........ :winky:

Yeah MacRS200 (Neil) has one fitted to his Altezza. I think he did a little write up about it too :)

Spec sheet on the main IS forum....

The Link

Thanks i thought the SE was better performance than the standard IS200

They are all the same mate

:offtopic: Totally off topic again but People seem to be replying quick tonight! does anyone know how much extra BHP a Turbo or s/c would give an RS00?

Lancio's fensport RS200 is supercharged and supposedly pushing out 280bhp

Turbo? how big is your wallet? ..... 300+ but more work

How much we looking at Noel and how likely is it i can get this work done in Ireland reliabley? Preferably the cheapest option! Maybe just need a price on parts. My uncles place could maybe fit it

I'd love a supercharger too :) but would be more of a hassle with mine being auto....

Prices for the Blitz seem around £3000 sterling for the parts.... probably cost alot by the time your finished with mapping and stuff...

Mr.Singh on here is the expert although it doesn't seem to have been a piece of cake....

Other problem Dan would be insurance.... RS200 are cheapish at present to insure but they wouldn't have a listing for a supercharger..... with so many RS200 coming these days i'm afraid it won't be long before the insurance crowd wise up to the fact that it's alot different to an IS200...

I'd love a supercharger too :) but would be more of a hassle with mine being auto....

Prices for the Blitz seem around £3000 sterling for the parts.... probably cost alot by the time your finished with mapping and stuff...

Mr.Singh on here is the expert although it doesn't seem to have been a piece of cake....

Other problem Dan would be insurance.... RS200 are cheapish at present to insure but they wouldn't have a listing for a supercharger..... with so many RS200 coming these days i'm afraid it won't be long before the insurance crowd wise up to the fact that it's alot different to an IS200...

They already have, mine IS insured as an RS200. Im paying 2100 which aint too bad considering im 24 and driving just over a year! My uncles place said to get it insured as an IS but from past experiences i decided to get it insured for what it is. Do you have yours insured as an IS or RS Noel?

Nah if i insured it as a IS200 then i'd definitly have bad luck and end up in a fu*kin mess.... thats me :yahoo:

Mine costs €800 fully comp as i'm now considered sensible @ 34 :P

I asked the insurance girl 3 times was she sure the quote was for an RS200 as i was expecting it to be more..... i then informed her it was an auto thinking that it would be less risk but she said they were all classed the same :lol:

• 1 month later...

cheers guys, when i meant lag i did mean the slow acceleration of the is200.

all is200's have the same 153bhp, the s, se and sport just refer to the trim and decals.

ive got my 200se insured for 400 quid not bad for a 25yo bloke.

i guess i will have to just do the usual exhaust, filter's and brakes for now then.

B)

This has been discussed many times before already, but the VVT-i doesn't "kick-in". As the name suggests "Variable Valve Timing - intelligence", the inlet cam is adjusted all the time depending on various inputs (throttle position, load, etc). The "kick" comes from when the inlet manifold changes from long to short in about 4300rpm. It uses the longer inlet route on low revs trying to give it a little more low-end torque, and then switches to a shorter route @4300 giving it a little more high-end grunt. But as Adie said, you have to rev the sh*t out of std IS for it go to anywhere...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links