Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving The Is World

PQuist

Having seen both the new IS and GS in flesh and having test driven both, it's time for the verdit. And the new GS is the winner.

Dislikes of the new IS.

Wing Mirror

Price - by the time you spec it up, you looking at the price of a GS

Reflectors on the rear bumper

Picking the GS up on Saturday.

Will post some pictures

Nice one, the new GS is a stunning piece of work, I really do prefer it over the new IS!

I agree too :blush: if it's an auto petrol - go GS!! the mirrors on the IS are very good....drive one for a few weeks and then try a car with normal, inadequate ears and you'll see!!

In the meantime a good choice mate!!

Nice one, the new GS is a stunning piece of work, I really do prefer it over the new IS!

the mirrors on the IS are very good....drive one for a few weeks and then try a car with normal, inadequate ears and you'll see!!

I'm sure your right, they just turn me off completely. :blush:

Maybe they could have an "earjob" and be made more sleek, similar to the M3 style ones. :shutit: :lol:

Finally settled for a Silver for one reason. Doesn't show tiny scratches as the Black and it looks like Lexus cars love stone chips

You lucky people! Over here the base 220d is is €43790.00 no extras

the base 3.0 GS is €65,100.00 no extras

Therefore, to us they are as alike as chalk and cheese.

I havn't been in touch for a while as I've nothing to add. The car is just doing its thing no rattles no thumps no wind, no complaints ( except for the###satnav thats made by someone else)

Good Choice on the GS. If there wasn't such a big difference on price here in Oz, then I may have considered.

On the mirrows, like Jamboo said, you get used to the size and they are very good when driving.

Lexus could go very innovative in this department and replace the mirrors with small cameras (like the reversing one) and display the images on small screens on either side of the dash or positioned around the instrament panel. This would save on external mirrors, no adjustments of side viewing required for different drivers, not have to turn your head to check for objects, and give better viewing of side traffic as cameras can cover wider angles.

They could also replace the rearview mirror with a camera & Screen as well.

Picked the GS up last Saturday and it makes a lot of difference compared to the IS200. Fantastic car to drive and much improved night driving due to the HID headlights. I can't stop grinning.

Picked the GS up last Saturday and it makes a lot of difference compared to the IS200. Fantastic car to drive and much improved night driving due to the HID headlights. I can't stop grinning.

My dealer lent me a GS last time my IS200 was in for service: it was very good, especially toys like the rear view camera, which I think is an essential!.

This time they've lent me an IS250.... Not very impressed I'm afraid, even with the seat high, you're sitting in a hole. I'm surprised no one's mentioned the narrow windscreen on the 250, half of which is filled up by the rear view mirror which is placed far too low. Seats are too hard compared to the IS as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links