Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tanks @ Bovington

Monster-Mat

Tanks........

im thinking of doing a bit of a day at my place if peeps are interested

In order of appearence......

chieftain 120mm gun tank (british)

Challenger 1 MBT (british)

Churchil AVRE (british)

Tiger tank (german) only working example in the world

Panzer IV .AUSF.D (german)

Challenger 2 (british)

Royal Marines Viking (british)

M3A1 Halftrack (USA)

Sherman (USA)

M113 Armoured Personel carrier (USA)

Leopard 1 MBT (german)

M45 MBT (USA)

Edited by Monster-Mat

ive updated the topic post, yep its the last working Tiger tank in the World

i have to Say bovington tank museum is the shizzle......i go regular, as its where i do many of my tank courses..(bovington that is.....not the museum)

ive updated the topic post, yep its the last working Tiger tank in the World

i have to Say bovington tank museum is the shizzle......i go regular, as its where i do many of my tank courses..(bovington that is.....not the museum)

I am being serious by the way befor you wonder:

buy one! maybe not the last tiger tank but another type, they do about 12mpg so you ls and gs people won't notice any difference :winky: you can run on red deisel leagaly. no tax and insurance is £50 a year. no one will mess you about even if there in lorries, a friend of mine has one, his is an APC and he does pub crawls in it because he fits about 12people in it! you do need to have a test but its not difficult apparently. i think there aprox 12k depending on what you want. there's an auction just off the A1 near grantham I think. a bit slow admitadly but got to be lots of fun.

Craig

you need a H licence to drive them, and you must have someone "commanding" (top riding)

apc's can be bought for around £1-3.5 k and MBT i.e chieftains for around £5-7k

buying is not the issue, its the maintainance, we still use chieftain chassis for our engineering vehicles up untill next year, and even we, cannot get most spares now.

erm they do a little worse than 12mpg i can assure you, my tank does around 12 gallon to the mile!

Spent many a happy hour wandering around the tank museum :D

To see and hear the Tiger actually drive would be amazing....If i was allowed inside with my camera for 10/15 minutes then I'd be well chuffed (I do AFV modelling and have a kit of the early Tiger with interior detail so photos (more as i have some) would be most helpful....

This tank was captured in Tunisia after being hit by a 6 pdr shell from a Churchill tank which hit the underneath of the 88mm gun barrel and jammed the turret....there are pictures of churchill and maybe king george looking at it.....

So yup I would be interested :D

Boy does that sound fun

I know I am a newie but would love to come over from Cornwall, not many lexus owners down here and would give me a chance to meet up and pick brains as well as seeing some heavy metal

So if the invite is there please let me know

:tomato:

Hey Ian.

What part of Cornwall are you from?

I'm a Truro lad, and purchased my IS200 from Atlantic Garages in Hayle.

Living in London at the moment though.

Hey Nick

I am just over the Cornish border on the Tamar near Gunnislake, not many owners down this way is there ? maybe we should start a Free Cornish Chapter of the LOC

Catch up next time your down in Cornwallland

Cornish LOC'ers are very thin on the ground! I think we are the only two :D

Have only been home about twice this year :blush: although will be back for christmas!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links