Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hd Foglights

Bulldog

Hi all

Last night i thought i saw a car with HD foglights

Can you buy em??? And if so any one know were i can get a set for the Lex from???

Dave aka Bulldog

Why not just change the bulbs? They're only standard headlamp bulbs.

i am assuming the OP means HID foglights?? well i suppose if you want to fit an aftermarket kit then it should be possible, just check the bulb fits in the housing ok.

had some serious fog not too long ago, the new HID fogs are 6000K and cut through the fog like a knife through butter :lol:

When I tried them it made it harder to see, the fog just became whiter, like it does when you put your main beam on :huh:

thats wat i mean lee.....white light is more dispersive in fog than yellow....therefore you get an increased white haze

Gah LOL i dunno what to do

No Kazi i dont drive around with them on , just thought they looked the nads when i saw em and they look the part on LexusIS200Sam's motor very nice pal

No no dude, i was in no way branding you a moron! :lol: :D Does look good. Id like to get my bulbs to match my HIDs to.

They are useful...to signal to other brain dead tw@ts on the road..."Look at me...its not foggy,see...I have foglights and sidelights on...my car is a higher spec than yours and looks lower".

I have no pity for police man pulling people over... for incorrect use. Hell they should take a sledghammer to them..

I have never in 3yrs of owning my car had to use them...

i will double check, mine is 2005 model

Thought the newer IS's had HIDs anyway...guess not :P

nope. they don't have HID.. i was expecting them having HID thou! lol

however, it have sat nav as standard so i guess that makes me feel better abit

thats why i am getting some decent HIDs in and thinking of putting them on the fog light too!

None of the IS models ever had HID's in the fogs as standard. Only the IS300 ever had HID's as standard for the main beam, not the fogs.

As has been previously mentioned, fitting HID's in the fogs kinda detracts from the fact that fogs are specific to foggy conditions....

None of the IS models ever had HID's in the fogs as standard. Only the IS300 ever had HID's as standard for the main beam, not the fogs.

As has been previously mentioned, fitting HID's in the fogs kinda detracts from the fact that fogs are specific to foggy conditions....

i didn't mean the fog lights on the IS are HID as standard, i was referring to the dipped light.

yes, i understand that fitting HID at 6000K or above for fog lights could result in even worse visual condition when its in a foggy night. so i am looking at those low buring level HIDs that will show in bright yellow but strong light output for more visual.

:)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links