Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Grrrrr How Much Is This Gonna Cost Me

Russdx

had a little accident with a motorbike today he clipped front of my car fuked wing up n front bumper got ripped off

so i need a new front bumper and a new drivers wing

how much would this cost me should i go through insurance or pay my self ?

If the biker hit you then you should go through his insurance surely.

If you hit him, then he'll probably do everything he can to get as much money from you as possible.

it was kinda both our faults but slightly more mine so its goin through my insurance

so i pay for his does tht auto pay for mine 2 ?

You will have a claim against you anyway by the biker. The value of the claim does NOT make a difference. So you may as well get your repairs done.

It is the claim against you that will affect your NCB so why lose out.

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Dec 2 2006, 07:37 PM)

You will have a claim against you anyway by the biker. The value of the claim does NOT make a difference. So you may as well get your repairs done.

It is the claim against you that will affect your NCB so why lose out.

When I contacted my insurance co. to enquire I was told that the claim amount would determine how much my premium went up by :blink:

Guess I must of misheard them

If you hit a Ferrari or a Corsa you will lose a percentage of your NCB i.e. 20%

The value should have NOTHING to do with the claim.

What would happen if you maimed somebody for life and the payout was a million ?

Do you think that you could not be insured?

There was a guy who had his car broken into and stereo stolen.

He thought I will not claim it is not worth the loss of NCB. So he replaced the stereo himself.

5 weeks later he got his stereo stolen again. So he replaced it himself.

2 weeks later it happened again. So he thought Ball$ to this.

He notified his insurance company and told them of the theft BUT he then told them that this was the third time it had happened and that twice before he had stood it himself.

The insurance company the refused to pay out on his claim because he had FAILED to notify them that he had been previously broken into.

What I am saying is that insurance companies do ALL they can to get out of paying but the rules are basically the same. The value should NOT affect the percentage of your NCB.

If you do repair your own car then you MUST tell the insurance company that you have done so. They will want to see a report. If you don't tell them and at a later date they find out they could use it against you in any further claims.

aint got no claims any way so guess i cant lose LOLOL when he claims ill claim as well i guess

oh yeah wot happens when i claim do i take it to a garage get em to give me a quote then i send tht to them ??

do they ever actually come and see the car

coz i kinda aint told em bout my alloys + coilovers + exhaust

when i get the work done should i just stick my old alloys on it or will garage not care they will just quote the damage

never done befor so not really sure how it works

thx

Contact your insurance company and they will send you a claim form.

They should give you a list of garages to take your car for estimates. They don't usually want to see the car unless it is a total loss claim.

HOWEVER if they do see your car and notice that it has different wheels or mods then they will REFUSE to

carry out the work on your car.

Ever seen a motorbike thats not weaving between cars or speeding? I doubt the motorcyclist was without blame.

Not declaring mods is stupid though guess we've all done something stupid sometime. Perhaps he'll learn from this experience.

all you can do is report your side of the accident to insurance company as the motorcyclist is going to do that to his and let them sort it out.maybe they will decide its not your fault,but if they do check that they will renew your insurance when it runs out if not you know then that you will have to find insurance else where :) worst of all you'll have buy a smaller car with a lower insuranse grouping :o :crybaby:

also you should always tell the insurance company of any mods :)

good luck Russdx :)

Ever seen a motorbike thats not weaving between cars or speeding? I doubt the motorcyclist was without blame.

Not declaring mods is stupid though guess we've all done something stupid sometime. Perhaps he'll learn from this experience.

So therefore it would be on the bikes insurance, if this was the case.`

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links