Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up Gs300 yesterday and after doing approx 100miles am very happy with car .The only thing i can fault it on is the stereo (not enough bass ).Are there any quick fixes for this or do u have to replace whole unit .Also is there any benifit from running on super unleaded or will standard unleaded do . :question:

Picked up Gs300 yesterday and after doing approx 100miles am very happy with car .The only thing i can fault it on is the stereo (not enough bass ).. :question:

I know, your either a 19 year old spotty boy racer or born with a dibiletating hearing condition. :D You will probably need to convert the entire rear of your car into a closed coupled, high dencity optobalistic bass boom box to achieve the required effect.......alternatively, replace the rear parcel shelf speaker with a decent one, (JBL, Bose etc.). You could opt for a 'boom box' afair in the boot, but if you are thinking about one of those, you should have bought an IS200 :lol:

Andy

Is the sub just a straight swap out? I've heard all kinds of issues with the factory kit running at low ohmages (2 I believe). Also whats the size in the GS300SE MK2, is it a weird size like 9.437"?

Sounds a bit odd - the stock sub in the gs300 (having owned both mk1 and mk2) is "adequate" - fairly "rockin". Not a big loud ice install, but is there any bass at all?.... I always thought the GS has fairly good standard sound?... Never been in an IS so cant comment on that... although, Alan Partridge (who is in fact an "easy listening DJ) did buy an IS, so maybe the IS is better suited to "easy listening" type buyers! :P I of course jest!

Flame away!

Mudz, is there any bass at all?.... or just not enough for your taste? Also which gs? year etc?

Gamesound it is a 96 on a n and it just seems muffled .I have tried all the knobs etc but it seems a lot better through the radio than the cd .It is probaly just me being fussy .Mind you i have had the car a week now and it has developed a realy bad shaking a bit like fuel starvation or electrical fault .It is an intermitent fault and seems to clear itself but annoying all the same any advice would be gratefull.the car is the sport model and has covered 29,000 miles full dealer history

I think the sound system is very very good for a factory fitment. Are you sure your centre shelf speaker is working?

As for the fuel debate, I agree with Rodders although can someone tell me why my engine management light flashes whenever I use optimax?

I hope you enjoy Lexus ownership and I bet you will find your niggles to be nothing more than something daft.

In agreement with randyR on the stereo. Found the system in my Mk1 to be excellent. I have however found that some CD's play/sound better than others, but this is purely a production/recording issue with the actual CD manufacturer.

My last motor had JVC ICE, big Sony amp, woofer/tweeter parcel-shelf bits, blah, blah, blah and was not a touch on this.

Can't see me banging anything else on the Lexus stuff (at the minute, anyway!)

• 6 months later...

Eh ? You've driven a car for 100,000 miles with no bass so you ask for advice on this board and then miraculously the rear speaker connection rights itself just by driving ! Are you sure this is not a magic carpet you are riding ? :lol:

I hear specs savers are good for glasses 100,000 miles :question: cars only done 38,000 would,ent catch me buying a car with HIGH mileage.And yes it is like driving a magic carpet it,s a lexus after all. it did right itself but not for long turned out to be a bad solder in the rear speaker .

Eh ? You've driven a car for 100,000 miles with no bass so you ask for advice on this board and then miraculously the rear speaker connection rights itself just by driving ! Are you sure this is not a magic carpet you are riding ? :lol:

its a miracle !!

ask the forum a question

and it gets solved :hocus-pokus:

:offtopic: I must learn to read.....I must learn to read......

Thanks Mudz for the sacrcastic....."I would never buy a HIGH mileage car" ! :angry:

BACK ON TOPIC.

My BMW 5 series ran like a dream on Optimax and I was getting about 12 days between fill-ups as opposed to 9 !!!! It also seemed like a much quicker car !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links