Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Vandalised...

Tony9r

Got into my GS yesterday for the first time since Xmas day, and the wife spotted this on the front n/s wing :tsktsk:

post-8595-1167479306.jpg

This is the fourth time the car has been damaged in the two years I've had it, all outside my front door... wing mirror kicked off, o/s keyed front to back, side window smashed, now this :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Just had forensics out looking for prints - none! He said it looks like a screwdriver or similar has been used to hack at the wing... WHY?!?!?!

I've got no enemies that I know of, the car's 10 years old, there are much newer cars down my street... police said it's because it's a Lexus...

Am I going to get it repaired?... to be honest... no, what's the point??? :angry:

There's some right SICK B******S out there who need a damn good thrashing, preferably around the head!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Got into my GS yesterday for the first time since Xmas day, and the wife spotted this on the front n/s wing :tsktsk:

post-8595-1167479306.jpg

This is the fourth time the car has been damaged in the two years I've had it, all outside my front door... wing mirror kicked off, o/s keyed front to back, side window smashed, now this :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Just had forensics out looking for prints - none! He said it looks like a screwdriver or similar has been used to hack at the wing... WHY?!?!?!

I've got no enemies that I know of, the car's 10 years old, there are much newer cars down my street... police said it's because it's a Lexus...

Am I going to get it repaired?... to be honest... no, what's the point??? :angry:

There's some right SICK B******S out there who need a damn good thrashing, preferably around the head!!! :angry::angry::angry:

im sorry to hear that. they probably thort it was funny! why? sad people that are around.

I just hope they catch them and do something about it. if they knew how much things like that cost and they had to pay for it they would probably think twice!

If it was me I think after the first time I would have installed some sort of CCTV camera looking over it. Can get loads of different one even IR enabled ones quite cheap nowadays. Probably the same scally each time...

We already have a CCTV camera over our front door which covers the car, which has a movement detector that interrupts the tv when we are watching it.

Trouble is, all this is taking part late night/early morning when we are not watching tv :blush:

I havn't got a recorder in the set-up, so am now looking into one of those hard drive security recorders... more expense! :yawn:

when you find out who it is, give em a bloody good kicking,

hope you get it sorted bro.,

Cheers Steve, if I do get hold of them I'll post up some pics :winky: :P

Feel for you, I have had mine done 3 times, cost me £400 the last time, had my suspicions on who did it, and told his father that the police have installed a mini CCTV inside the car....pointed to the temperature sensor.........Hasn't been touched since, then today some stupid idiot let a super market trolley run into the side and put a nice scratch on the rear drivers side. No sign of anyone around, just this trolley resting against the side :duh:

when you find out who it is, give em a bloody good kicking,

hope you get it sorted bro.,

Cheers Steve, if I do get hold of them I'll post up some pics :winky: :P

Sorry to here the trouble you are having.

You would be better of with recording CCTV - I have 4 camera at front of house, got one up on chimney which give a good wide view.

Can we have before and after picture please...

All the best

Paul.

Sorry to hear about your problems Tony

I installed CCTV when mine was attacked, run a 2 point camera system with night vision into a video recorder and a time index video for future ref.

Cheap but effective though, no one been near the car since

Hope you get this sorted out mate

BR

Paul

Thanks guy's :winky:

Been looking on eBay and came accross THESE

4 would be good as I also need a camera pointing at my garage that contains my bike, plus I park my Sportrak there - they tried nicking that a few weeks back, found the drivers door lock punched in one morning :yawn: , plus one for the back garden as the kids bikes have gone walkies too :crybaby:

Oh dear.... No words will console your anger but the team have come up with good suggestions to capture the aggressor.... Try to remember most attacks are not personal, only "we can't have" willy statements from idiots not prepared to work hard and afford a car like yours.

My CCTV setup currently consists of:-

2 x day/night cameras with IR offering 15m range in total darkness

1 x day/night cameras with IR offering 10m range in total darkness (LED array has failed though, I need to fix it again)

1 x Pelco Spectra III pan/tilt/zoom colour dome camera

1 x 8-channel 200fps CCTV capture card (from eBay)

1 x Dell Dimension 5100

1 x Hitachi 400GB SATA HDD, gives around 2 months' recording time in motion-detect mode before looping round

Typical night view (just connected over the web from 55 miles away to grab this pic, panning the dome around to the gate just for something to look at):-

cctv.jpg

Images are actually captured at a higher resolution than this (720x576 I think). Web access is slow, hence the time differences between cameras. Installing the proper software at this end would speed it up and give access to recorded footage.

As you can see, the garage LED array has failed. There's a floodlight just below the camera though, so there's no escape!

Day/night cameras such as SuperHADs can be a bit peculiar mind. Black fabric can appear pale blue indoors (my leather jacket looks fantastic inside out!), and the IR illumination appears like a "monochrome torch", with illuminated items appearing in black & white against the normally lit, colour background. The monochrome trees in the above picture are an example.

An interesting thing happened :winky:

Last night at around 12:30 am we heard kids outside, I looked out the window to see 3 yobs with cans in their hands arguing. They made their way to the corner of our local shop where one of them kicked the window, then turned on a Nissan in the car park and gave that a good kicking!!!

At this point I called the police who turned up within 5 minutes (car + van), but they had gone by then :yawn:

The annoying thing is, two officers had a quick look at the Nissan with their torches (I'm watching all this out my bedroom window), then wandered around the area for about 10 minutes, then came back to me and said they couldn't see any damage to the car :blink:

This morning I went to have a look at the Nissan - 3 huge dents in the front o/s wing and door panel deep enough to split the paint :o

I have found the owner and he's calling the police now...

The one thing about all this that could get interesting is... I recognised one of the culprits, and gave the name to the police :D Maybe justice will at last be served :shifty:

post-8595-1167479306.jpg

I know how you feel.had mine keyed along the boot on my drive a few weeks ago. In Jan 11th at Lexus B'ham for boot respray(As unable to smart repair!).£470 well p*&$! off.Some green eyed monsters about!

Sat there for days thinking up of ways to take it out on them if I ever found out who it was!

Sad I know but it's amazing what you can come up with when you put your mind to it. but still wouldn't be good enough for them.

I believe you have to be careful if your cameras are recording public spaces.

Just talking to a mate of mine (who installs CCTV, amongst other things), the limitations refer to pointing cameras into private property. All private property is masked out from motion detection on my setup. Cops certainly didn't complain when I gave them footage of this guy in action, or when I caught someone pinching big plant pots and ornaments from next door's garden!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links