Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Who Wants One Of The New Apple Iphones?

aido

These things look awesome, I'm just watching the apple Expo in San Francisco and they're just showing the new Iphone that they are releasing, this things looks incredible!

It's the new widescreen, touch screen iPod, the phone and also runs OSX so you can run loads of things on it!

Looks like it's only 8GB for now, guessing all the iPod stuff will show up in the next release of the iPod with a larger capacity but this thing looks seriously cool with the CoverFlow technology!

It doesn't look like it supports 3G though, just EDGE so it's definitely Americanised at the moment!

dsc_0182.jpg

dsc_0184.jpg

dsc_0186.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The photo stuff looks well cool too, this thing is way beyond anything I've seen to date, recently got one of the Orange M3100's from work and it seems ancient compared to this yet it's supposed to be their top of the range handsets!

Safari on the phone too, this is looking good!

oops! didn't see this thread!

This phone is going to kick some serious *****.

Sony-Ericsson/Nokia/Samsung/Motorola/LG/Samsung hang your heads in shame - aren't YOU supposed to make cool phones????

This is going to expose Mac OS X by stealth to millions and hence sell more Macs. THAT is the point.

The reason this phone can be so good is due to Mac OS X.

That is why Macs are so good too.

I am so vibed about this phone. AAPL up 8%.

Happy days!

That does look very nice indeed, I wouldn't mind one :D

Although how many times are they going to call it revolutionary when it isn't? It does seem a very good device, but it's just an evolution of devices that already exist - the P800 did this years ago, and the resemblance of the operating system to the symbian OS is uncanny.

I know its all clever marketing to all those gadgetphobes who would probably have no idea that phones like this do exist - but still have to agree its very well packaged and combines the best of everything. Only thing missing is a camera, which to the kind of people that would buy this phone is a major oversight.

All gonna depend on price, at the end of the day, most mobiles are free, so if this isn't, I'm certainly not going to buy it, but if it is free, I'm definitely going to get one :winky:

It has a 2MP camera built in....

Between £257 and £309 - depending on contract and memory size.

Trust me - it may SEEM this has been done before...but it really hasn't.

Just wait for the reviews - have a look at the initial analyst reactions.

This is a home run and will change the mobile industry.

Sounds crazy? Probably? True? Absolutely.

They are doing the same to the PC industry - this is part of that bigger picture.

It has a 2MP camera built in....

Between £257 and £309 - depending on contract and memory size.

Trust me - it may SEEM this has been done before...but it really hasn't.

Just wait for the reviews - have a look at the initial analyst reactions.

Sorry, my mistake on the camera.

That's a bit pricey if you need to pay a contract on top - if all you want is a music phone (which is what the masses will want) the W950 is free. The i-mate jam was raved in reviews as well, but that didn't do well to the consumer, only to businesses who still buy them in force - reason being windows mobile.

I still want one :) but we'll have to wait and see how many people will take this up because at the end of the day its a very large phone, which rules most people out except phone nuts like myself. I can't see many girls wanting one of these, don't know many that would want to be carrying that around on an evening out :unsure:

I still won't agree that it is revolutionary, it is an evolution of other devices in that it does what others do better - what does it actually do that is totally new on the market?

I don't believe they'll release it over here without 3G, that would be a big mistake - speaking of releases, when is it likely to become available over here?

One other thing that I can't find mention of is support of the A2DP Bluetooth profile - if its not there, that's me out, once you're used to wireless music you can't go back :D

Nothing is free you still get stiffed by a contract and costs are still high in comparison to the states.

Not quite so bad, we don't pay to receive calls, so it does even out a bit

Nothing is free you still get stiffed by a contract and costs are still high in comparison to the states.

You're seriously wrong....Contracts hardly stiff anyone nowadays.......the networks have very small margins compared to what they used to enjoy.

By the time the network pays a store to connect/upgrade them, give them all the trimmings with the tariff and give f.o.c broadband the network can only hope that the customer makes up the revenue with loyalty and going over and above their tariff.....

Even the most basic of handsets cost the network alot of money! They subsidise them to attract you. Not to con you!

It seems like any other phone out really to me, if it had 3G then mayb it would be top of the pile... Surely every1 will want 3G phones soon??? maybe it will help lower there prices yay.. :D

Most people when asked are really not fussed about 3g!

oops! didn't see this thread!

This phone is going to kick some serious *****.

Sony-Ericsson/Nokia/Samsung/Motorola/LG/Samsung hang your heads in shame - aren't YOU supposed to make cool phones????

This is going to expose Mac OS X by stealth to millions and hence sell more Macs. THAT is the point.

The reason this phone can be so good is due to Mac OS X.

That is why Macs are so good too.

I am so vibed about this phone. AAPL up 8%.

Happy days!

Sony Ericssons handsets are cool.....reliable and functional! The rest pretty much don't fall into the form of 'Cool' maybe Samsungs are stylish mind....

Just read on engadget:

No 3G

No wifi synching to host machine

No removeable Battery

No MS office support

These are big errors in my opinion - so just marketing to apple users?

Is it really only going to be released in the UK next xmas? Damn I'm coming to the end of my contract so thought I might wait to see what this is like, but may as well just get a W950 now

Although now this is out, I'm guessing we'll see something very similar from Sonyericsson soon - at the end of the day its a cross between the P990 and W950 with a large screen - I'm sure they can very easily stick the two together :whistling:

So paying BT or any other company £11 a month to have a number is not stiffing you?

paying them £25 for unlimited off peak calls is cheap compared to free unlimited calls to nominated numbers and 200 mins and 150 texts on mobile networks.

Have a good look around, no mobile company is stiffing anyone anymore ESPECIALY when most people will demand that £300 phone for free on £25 a month and some will get it?!

Does BT come round and give you a new home phone every year?

Sorry but it just frustrates me, Mobile phone company's are just that, a COMPANY not a charity!

Money makes the world go round. :lol: :D

No MS office support

The problem with that is?, it will be reliable!

No 3G

Its got edge so internet will be fine but it wont do video calls, Do you want to spend 50per min to make a vid call?

No removeable battery

Oh dear, if its reliable you wont have to pull the plug on it it like ALL MS products

surely it will have Bluetooth and a data cable so either or!

No MS office support

There might be that, but I use outlook for everything (as do most businesses) - without it, a device like this is a bit useless

No 3G

Its got edge so internet will be fine but it wont do video calls, Do you want to spend 50per min to make a vid call?

Edge isn't as quick as 3G, and not even sure we have it over here? Plus with most people moving over to HSDPA now (Motorola Maxx, etc) seems like a step in the wrong direction

No removeable battery

Oh dear, if its reliable you wont have to pull the plug on it it like ALL MS products

apple doesn't have the best reputation with batteries - but let's see on this one

If you have wifi, its the easiest way to send music from pc to phone, so no idea why they wouldn't give it that functionality - I thought this thing was supposed to be revolutionary! :lol:

No MS office support

There might be that, but I use outlook for everything (as do most businesses) - without it, a device like this is a bit useless

No 3G

Edge isn't as quick as 3G, and not even sure we have it over here? Plus with most people moving over to HSDPA now (Motorola Maxx, etc) seems like a step in the wrong direction

No removeable battery

apple doesn't have the best reputation with batteries - but let's see on this one

If you have wifi, its the easiest way to send music from pc to phone, so no idea why they wouldn't give it that functionality - I thought this thing was supposed to be revolutionary! :lol:

Yes we have Edge technology....it uses the normal 2.5g network and its more like a suped up GPRS connection and is more widely available than 3g coverage as this is a different network altogether.

apple don't make the batteries......SONY does. This is no secret and SONY have had to recall thousands of batteries from Dell laptops, there own laptops and other branded laptops.

Again, never have I been asked if a handset does WiFi....

No MS office support

No 3G

No removeable battery

Yes we have Edge technology....it uses the normal 2.5g network and its more like a suped up GPRS connection and is more widely available than 3g coverage as this is a different network altogether.

apple don't make the batteries......SONY does. This is no secret and SONY have had to recall thousands of batteries from Dell laptops, there own laptops and other branded laptops.

"So Kaz, does a handset do wi-fi?" :winky:

TBH, I kinda think its just another phone... just made by apple.

All phones play music, videos, caller picture ID etc.

Not many phones are touch screen.

At least all other mobiles you can change the Battery!

D

No MS office support

No 3G

No removeable battery

"So Kaz, does a handset do wi-fi?" :winky:

TBH, I kinda think its just another phone... just made by apple.

All phones play music, videos, caller picture ID etc.

Not many phones are touch screen.

At least all other mobiles you can change the Battery!

D

Derekyau, Some do...... :D

Apple don't make the batteries......SONY does. This is no secret and SONY have had to recall thousands of batteries from Dell laptops, there own laptops and other branded laptops.

Fair point on the batteries, and its nice not to have a loose Battery cover, but there's no real need to have a sealed unit.

Although I know what you're saying with wifi, but with so many phones now coming along with it, it is going to become a standard requirement - go back a few years and no one asked for a camera or memory card slot either ;)

I'm still liking the look of it though, and hoping that when it makes it over here in a year's time, they'll have updated these little things to make it perfect :D

......Thinks....

Am I the only person in the world (Mobile-world) that DOESN'T have a Mobile-phone?

Look at all the worries I avoid? :)

They aren't worries, just part of the joys of mobile phone ownership :)

SOO funny.

The same detractors come out of the woodwork everytime. Just like when the iPod was released.

Some people can't see a revolution when it bites them on the *****.

How many of you have actually SEEN the Keynote???

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/

Watch - THEN talk.

All the info is staring you in the face - just join the dots...

*sigh*

PS 1)3G is rubbish. I should know - I design and build the networks.

2) Any functionality that isn't there at the moment will be. It runs Mac OS X - ever heard of development kits? When that is released the funcionality of this phone will rocket.

3) Removable Battery!??? No business sense. And it hardly hurt iPod sales. apple lead with ideas not follow what has gone before.

4) Watch the keynote. Again. Nothing comes close.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links