Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Should I Be Suspicious?

Steve

My wife had a call last thursday from the post office. Basically they said they were calling from the post office as they have a parcel they were trying to deliver. They asked if she could confirm the postcode (reading out the postcode to her) She asked who the parcel was made out to and they said her name. She confirmed the postcode to them. I found this strange because they could so eaily find this info out being a postoffice.

They then went on and said that they will deliver the parcel tommorow (this would be for friday)

He then asked if a certain house number was next door and then mentioned the neighbours name adking if this person was our neighbour.

Should I be suspicious? because we have had no parcels delivered or expecting any parcels. And I have never known in my life for the post office to call someone in regards to delivering a parcel.

Yep I would definitely let your neighbour know and also report it to the police - that sounds very dodgy indeed because a post office would easily be able to find your address, and besides how did they get your phone number then?

Yes, deffo not right. Post Office / Parcel Force leave cards threough the door. Somebody is trying to find when you or your neighbour are not in would be my guess.

I'd mention it to neighbours as well as police. Who's got the nicest car? Maybe they want the keys .....

sounds like a debt collection agency ploy aimed at your neighbour. my brother experienced a similar tactic when he was being chased for debt just before he went bankrupt a few years ago...

That is a very underhand way of doing it, never done anything like that myself, neither has anyone I know.

We have access to the latest electoral roll, directory enquires and ex-directory telephone details. The only reason we need to confirm the occupants name is for getting court warrants signed.

I'd still report it as it does sound dodgy.

sounds like a debt collection agency ploy aimed at your neighbour. my brother experienced a similar tactic when he was being chased for debt just before he went bankrupt a few years ago...

I would agree with this as i know these are the tactics they tend to use.

We had a debt collection agency hunt us down like this... they phoned houses in our street asking if someone with our surname lived there, until eventually a neighbour that knows us gave our house number and told them to give us a telephone number to ring as they had some parcels that needed collecting from a house we lived in a couple of years ago! :yawn:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links