Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xbox 360

Ellz

Hey there im getting the old PS3 in the summer sometime once the rush is over

So now im looking to get a xbox 360 ive found some deals the best seems to be

Xbox 360 2 pads all the wires etc headset and Project gothem racing 3 and some ardac classics thingy all for £299.95

anyone else found any good deals or anything like this.

Also im after Call of duty 3, Pro Evo 6 and most probably Test drive ultiamte anyone know the cheapest place for games ????

Gears of War and Test Drive are a must.

Pro evo is a comedown in terms of options available in comparison to the PS2 verion to be honest but still a great game

cant recommend Gears of War enough if your goin to be playing online

GoW is fantabulous as is PGR, and that HMV offer is really good.

Slightly off topic, but...

I saw the demo of the PS3 in the USA a fortnight ago...

OMG

It does blow the 360 away in my humble opinion. I actually almost bought the 20gb one for $499 (approx £265) with an F1 2007 - which was out already in the states from a shop called "Gamestore" in the Florida Mall. The graphics, sound etc are un believable. I thought that Bluray was Bluray and that it didn't matter about PAL and NTSC, but what stopped me was the NTSC replay - if I get Bluray I want to be able to play DVD's I buy here...so we didn't buy one...

to answer your orignal question i got my Xbox360 just before xmas.

for £299.99 i got Premium console, 1 x wirless controller, 1x wired controller, Gears of War and pro evo 6

that was from Gamestation in Sheffield

if you have a dvd blank and a burner - loads of sites ! and its free

Ye but you can only do this if you mod ur xbox 360. And if u do this it will void any warranty u have on it. And these consoles arent very reliable. Mine packed in there last week with the "3 red lights of death". just one moth out of warranty :crybaby:

Actually seeing as this is just a DVD firmware mod a lot of people are getting consoles fixed under warranty, just take care when removing the warranty sticker and it can be replaced at a later date should it ever need fixing..

Just make sure the drive has the original firmware on it before sending it back to MS!

Actually seeing as this is just a DVD firmware mod a lot of people are getting consoles fixed under warranty, just take care when removing the warranty sticker and it can be replaced at a later date should it ever need fixing..

Just make sure the drive has the original firmware on it before sending it back to MS!

Can you still play the games online though, on my original xbox I couldn't.

And don't mention re-sealing it on Xbox Scene, as you'll get some snotty t**t claiming that it's fraud and reporting your post, then stupidly admitting on the board that he's reported it. Apparently.

On-line play is fine with a modded 360, for now at least. Samsung firmwares lock themselves down so the 360 can't read them (which is the same behaviour exhibited by the newer Samsung drives anyway). Hitachi firmwares are stealth firmwares, if the 360 reads the firmware from the drive it looks exactly like the original, because the hacked firmware is in charge of its own read/write process!

And don't mention re-sealing it on Xbox Scene, as you'll get some snotty t**t claiming that it's fraud and reporting your post, then stupidly admitting on the board that he's reported it. Apparently.

On-line play is fine with a modded 360, for now at least. Samsung firmwares lock themselves down so the 360 can't read them (which is the same behaviour exhibited by the newer Samsung drives anyway). Hitachi firmwares are stealth firmwares, if the 360 reads the firmware from the drive it looks exactly like the original, because the hacked firmware is in charge of its own read/write process!

Cool, might have to look into this then. Any chance you could PM some links, might not be wise doing it in public.

Cheers

:lol:

Thought you'd be along for this one pal, definitely the right man for the job :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links