Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I would to like to invest in a project like this, but like everyone else has pointed out if I don't know what BHP or Costs, someone else has achieved how can I know what I've set out for is a reasonable target? Surely TDI are stopping potential customers from approaching them?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave :)

How have you improved the car from where it was before? Does it now run even more power or have you made improvements in other ways? Please do tell.

Ps, no one is jealous (least not Gord!) but its just nice to know how everything is going, both the highs and the lows :D

The reason i worded it like that was because like everybody else i have not heard from Dave or seen him on WIM for ages. If its still alive im happy for him as he must still be enjoying it...and believe me for those that haven't had the privlige to be a passenger, it is one quick IS quicker than a TTE one by a mile.

Carry on enjoying it Dave, i bet it gets a grin everytime the key goes in the ignition. :D

..................it is one quick IS quicker than a TTE one by a mile.

..................I bet it gets a grin everytime the key goes in the ignition :D

Both points seconded. Wish I had the money to make mine as quick.

:offtopic:

are you coming to the WIM meet Sunday 25th Dave ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well i'm certainly jelous!

Some serious work gone in there.

Can you post up Dyno results?

(OK, joking.)

Just spent the best part of an hour at work reading this thread from the start. Both informative and entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in november at the TDI meeting my car developed a fault but was still running , the fault turned out to be the standard catalytic converter had been pushed backwards to form a plug restricting the flow of gases ( the joy of running over 1:6 bar ) , so TDI sent my car off to Hayward & Scott to have the biggest freeflowing cat they could fit and the first Katana mid section pipe work , i'm happy :D . it is not true that my crankshaft failed , what did break was my pully that i made at work ( the joy of lots of torque ) so i had a special light weight one piece made , i'm happy :D . everything is ok and very reliable and gets me to work every day with a big smile on my face :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just another small update to share with LOC , i've fitted brembo 4 pot calipers to the front with Mintex C-Tech m1144 pads , the pads squeek alot when stopping and are very hard , so i will try some different pads and i've got new Mintex discs to try out soon . I went to see Tony at Wheels-InMotion the other day for a geometry calibration , wheel balancing , nitrogen filled tyres , coffee , :D

Just another small update to share with LOC , i've fitted Brembo 4 pot calipers to the front with Mintex C-Tech m1144 pads , the pads squeek alot when stopping and are very hard , so i will try some different pads and i've got new Mintex discs to try out soon . I went to see Tony at Wheels-InMotion the other day for a geometry calibration , wheel balancing , nitrogen filled tyres , coffee , :D

Sounds good Dave, if you need new pads one of the guys i work for and am sponsored by is UK Dixel Brakes distributor, after seeing him racing the other week lots of the nippon challenge people are changing to his stuff as even the Ferrodo racing pads and discs werent working as well as his (overheating/glazing). They've got everything from standard to slotted all the way to carbon and pads to suit, ive got a massive catologe somewhere and they do have disc to suit the IS200 just not sure what you would have if you've now gone to a brembo set up.

Also the buddy club honda integra type r (DC5) in timeattack he test drives for and after advising them to switch after some ferrodo's glazed and he put it in the kitty litter, they are also now running dixel products.

Im getting a set of the heat discs , with a new BBK that should be avalible to the IS200 market soon :shutit: ;)

http://www.dixcelbrake.co.uk/

If you want any give me a shout, as i dont think there are any prices on the website.

Cheers Elliott

what's the point of N2 filled tires if you don't mind me asking??

Tyres filled with nitrogen remain at the correct pressure for longer , as used by Formula 1 for over 20 years , and is mandatory in the airline industry and was used in the moon buggy in 1969 . :)

Just another small update to share with LOC , i've fitted Brembo 4 pot calipers to the front with Mintex C-Tech m1144 pads , the pads squeek alot when stopping and are very hard , so i will try some different pads and i've got new Mintex discs to try out soon . I went to see Tony at Wheels-InMotion the other day for a geometry calibration , wheel balancing , nitrogen filled tyres , coffee , :D

What 4 pots were they?

I assume off an Evo or something? or do brembo do a kit now?

Stav

What 4 pots were they?

Stav

Hi Stav , they came from a skyline gtr , reconditioned with a modified bracket . Dave

What 4 pots were they?

Stav

Hi Stav , they came from a skyline gtr , reconditioned with a modified bracket . Dave

Good good, i went for the supra ones, but their very wide.

Stav

What 4 pots were they?

Stav

Good good, i went for the supra ones, but their very wide.

Stav

who's pads and disc's are you using , and do they squeek ? thanks Dave .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links