Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

M5 180mph

whilst i agree with everything that has been said above........

....... the BMW M5 has very efficient cup holders! That Mars milkshake never even batted an eyelid...

PMSL, not just me that noticed that then :D

I don't travel as quick as I used to, when I was younger I'd go as fast as I possibly could, nowadays I like to keep an eye on my consumption so stick to 80 :(

80?!?

blimey, thats what i do when i'm in a big rush. i spend the rest of my time travelling at around 55-60.

probably one of the reasons i regularly see 7-8pence per mile.

not bad for a 20yr old passat.

we cant all drive road hogs :blush:

80?!?

blimey, thats what i do when i'm in a big rush. i spend the rest of my time travelling at around 55-60.

PMSL - you're in London so you're lucky to get to those speeds :P

I'm down there tomorrow, luckily I'm on a bus though so I'm going to get drunk on the way to Wembley :D

80?!?

PMSL - you're in London so you're lucky to get to those speeds :P

I'm down there tomorrow, luckily I'm on a bus though so I'm going to get drunk on the way to Wembley :D

i dont travel at those speeds because of traffic - i choose to! i never go anywhere near london, mainly stick to the dual carriage ways out of town

• 4 weeks later...

I am craig greer

and i am the person who hosted the video on 4shared

but why does that mean that i should go to jail?

was i driving?

no

i do know the driver, and he is a professional driver, and has raced porsche 911 turbo's for about 15. so yes, he will out drive you on twisties.

ok it wasn't the best of things to do, but he'd just picked the car up 30 mins earlier from BMW, so no it wasn't stolen or borrowed, and lets be brutally honest, if you have 507bhp under your right foot, you're going to use it aren't you, if not, he would have bought a slow car, like a 520d

sadly, people do speed, and people with cars capable of doing speeds over 140 mph..... will stray over 140 mph

in reference to the person who said "what if someone was crossing the road?"

1. it's a dual carriageway in the middle of nowhere

2. if you seen a car coming down at 180 mph..... would you start to cross?

so ye..... feel free to slate me all you want, like i say, i didn't say it was right

but whats done is done, and all your petty comments won't change that fact

I am craig greer

Hello, nice to meet you welcome to LOC

was i driving?

no

So you did report this incident to the police saying you had video evidence?

i do know the driver, and he is a professional driver, and has raced porsche 911 turbo's for about 15. so yes, he will out drive you on twisties.

For a professional driver, he didn't have very good lane discipline when he came off the island.

ok it wasn't the best of things to do, but he'd just picked the car up 30 mins earlier from BMW, so no it wasn't stolen or borrowed, and lets be brutally honest, if you have 507bhp under your right foot, you're going to use it aren't you, if not, he would have bought a slow car, like a 520d

Oh yes, of course you are going to use it on the track :duh:

sadly, people do speed, and people with cars capable of doing speeds over 140 mph..... will stray over 140 mph

Stray over intentionally, yes.

That makes it ok then? Because no one ever goes walking in the middle of nowhere.

I would not be so sure a pensioner could tell a car, 500+ yards away was doing 180mph, in what is marked as a 60 zone :blink: If not a pedestrian, how about a farm vehicle as indicated by the roadsign?

so ye..... feel free to slate me all you want, like i say, i didn't say it was right

Nobody wants to slate you mate, I for one can not believe that this footage even exists, it is clearly a sign of someone breaking the law and if you know who it is it should be reported.

I am craig greer

Hello, nice to meet you welcome to LOC

hello.....no welcome from me

so you condone this

maybe not jail..........

was i driving?

no

So you did report this incident to the police saying you had video evidence?

For a professional driver, he didn't have very good lane discipline when he came off the island.

proffesional or not, theres no excuse for that action, whichever way you look at it......im a proffesional driver , but i keep it to the track.......by the way, bus drivers and milk float drivers, are also proffesional drivers

Oh yes, of course you are going to use it on the track :duh:

507hp....is that all :shifty: , with that much, theres every reason to do it on a race track......

Stray over intentionally, yes.

oh, that makes it ok then.............what fookin planet do you live on

That makes it ok then? Because no one ever goes walking in the middle of nowhere.

you are such a cnut, dual carrigways are crossed by public rights of way everywhere

I would not be so sure a pensioner could tell a car, 500+ yards away was doing 180mph, in what is marked as a 60 zone :blink: If not a pedestrian, how about a farm vehicle as indicated by the roadsign?

do you realise how much distance a car is covering at 180mph......go work it out, if..you had chance to even see the car, by the time either has reacted...its all over....again your a cnut

Nobody wants to slate you mate, I for one can not believe that this footage even exists, it is clearly a sign of someone breaking the law and if you know who it is it should be reported.

no you dont say its right, but you dont say its wrong, which is worse

your right they wont......ever heard of Karma

been watching this for a while...............

if it had of been a Lexus/Toyota would there have been such comments ?

I'm sure there was a post about a Supra that was caught doing 200 mph on the A1 and people thought it was cool..............

Not that I condone any breaching of the speed limit be it 30/40/50/60 or 70

how many of us stick to 30 in a 30 ? thats where children are most likely to run out in front of us..............I'd say 95% of us dont. IMHO thats more of an issue.

I had a child ride a bike out in front of me on a 60 mph road once.............was doing 40/45...was in a SAAB 99 Turbo which scooped her up and bounced her off the windscreen.........fractured her thigh etc............was a country road so i did the first aid etc.............her granpa was first on scene..............collapsed..so I had her and him to look after ...........anyway both were OK Police were cool but having seen what a car does to a kiddie I'm mr 30 observer..............

will get off my soapbox

I have to admit during the week I stick to all the speed limits, after all work are paying for me to drive around :) Plus its a Transit Connect so not the quickest of vehicles :(

At the weekend I have my car at home, around town I stick to all the limits on the motorway I have been know to jump to 85mph on the odd occasion. I like to save my car for the track :)

If someone was doing 150 in a Lex or Toyota i dont think they would be stupid enough to film or post it on the net and they also wouldnt of been so stupid to travel at that speed!!

He's a proffesional driver so thats ok then didnt realise .... not!! the guy has no more control on the vehicle than i do at that speed!!

Post edited due to bad spelling and missing comments sorry

If someone was doing 150 in a Lex or Toyota a dont think they would be stupid enough to film or and post it on the net and they also would of been stupid!!

He's a proffesional driver so thats ok then didnt realise .... not!! the guy has no more control on the vehicle than i do at that speed!!

not a lot one can say against that

well i love speed just like the rest of us but as i said before it has a time and a place .we all stray above the limit to a certain extent and like to see what our cars do .look at the film there is clearly other road users on the same strech of road ,when you look in your mirror to overtake you do not take into consideration someone comming up in the fast lane doing 180mph it will be on you in a blink , it might be an M5 but it aint got a flippin anchor in the boot , crash at that speed you are a gonna, and if i am the unlucky person that pulls out you take me to ,and i would like to see my little girls grow up.Totaly agree with mats comments and i feel he has more experience than most when it comes to speed stopping distance etc.

I have to admit during the week I stick to all the speed limits, after all work are paying for me to drive around :) Plus its a Transit Connect so not the quickest of vehicles :(

At the weekend I have my car at home, around town I stick to all the limits on the motorway I have been know to jump to 85mph on the odd occasion. I like to save my car for the track :)

Sorry Lee but your being a bit hypocritical! ..... remember your trip to Ireland? need i say more? ;)

yeah Noel, dont know what happened in Ireland, but must say my experience of ******face is he is one of the most in control drivers i know.He will not play games on the road and he only plants the foot when is safe to do so.I dislike **** drivers and so does he.A drive in his car can sometimes make people think he is a little of the scale but it is just an act.

BTW that BMW vid is pointless,the E60 M5 is designed to reach 200mph no problem,its no lambo but it will mantain an optimum speed of 180mph in 5th sat at 6000rpm for at least an hour without getting upset,ready to hit 6th once it hits its 9000rpm limit reaching 200mph in approx 3 secs.

yeah Noel, dont know what happened in Ireland, but must say my experience of ******face is he is one of the most in control drivers i know.He will not play games on the road and he only plants the foot when is safe to do so.I dislike **** drivers and so does he.A drive in his car can sometimes make people think he is a little of the scale but it is just an act.

BTW that BMW vid is pointless,the E60 M5 is designed to reach 200mph no problem,its no lambo but it will mantain an optimum speed of 180mph in 5th sat at 6000rpm for at least an hour without getting upset,ready to hit 6th once it hits its 9000rpm limit reaching 200mph in approx 3 secs.

Wasn't having a go at Lee's driving skill ... only his holier than thou comments..... :whistling:

I agree that what the guy driving the M5 done was irresponsible... but i wouldn't go so far as to say jail & ban him and crush his car...

End of the day the M5 is a very capable car from factory, actually designed to be able to do these speeds, agree it should be kept to the track of course.....

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone (Lee included).... as the saying goes! :whistling:

Craig, my comment was in reference to hearing that the police are scanning stuff like Youtube now and using as evidence to convict - some people are driving like loonies then showing it driving up to the front door!

I've heard reports on a couple of forums of that happening so you're better off playing it safe!

If you can mate it really would be advisable to delete it just so you can't get any hassle should they ever come across the video.

@ Dave, I think you're on about the Nagata video I posted a while back where he was messing around on the M1 in the Top Secret Supra?

the top secret supra reached 198mph on the a1

the video shows it being followed my a T5 volvo haha

again, not saying it's right to do it,

bit no one was hurt and no one crashed

less of all this hostile stuff

have any of you ever driven an E60 M5?

oh my word! such a nice car to drive, so smooth and responsive

i borrowed the one in the video for a day

i might buy it off the owner

the interior is so luxurious, it's like a living room inside a car!!

have any of you ever driven an E60 M5?

oh my word! such a nice car to drive, so smooth and responsive

i borrowed the one in the video for a day

i might buy it off the owner

the interior is so luxurious, it's like a living room inside a car!!

Have been in one, I think they're awesome, the guy I know with one was banned shortly thereafter though, got caught doing 160mph near me, the police couldn't catch up so arrested him when he got home!

When you are on train tracks and see a train doing 125 on a straight you got about 1 minute before it hits you. Take that down to an M5 (frontal area smaller and harder to see) at 180 (which you are not expecting in a 70 limit) and it's got to be about 10 seconds tops.

Start counting knob head.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links