Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wheels From The Us

Kavey

Sorry chaps, I know this has been asked before, and I know someone replied to someone asking the same question 'PM me' :whistling: but I couldn't find the post :o

I've found some wheels I'm thinking of importing from the US, if the price is right :blink:

I'm not posting a link cos if I get em, I want to unveil them at a meet B)

Can anyone help? Cheers!

Asam

I imported mine - whats your question? Mat (supracharged) also imported his Volks

What's the best way of doing it basically?

The exchange rate is pretty decent at mo, but are there any dealers you know that will send to the UK without stinging me for shipping costs too much? :arrrggg-matey:

Did you guys have to pay full VAT on import? Or were they 'gifts' and did that swing with C&E? I'm going to the US (LA) on business in May, so is there a good way of 'personally' importing them, without having to lug em meself :P

Any caveats, or should I just ring a few dealers? Got any contacts? :hocus-pokus: I'd guess East coast dealers are nearest so probably cheapest for importing shipping wise?

Cheers!

:withstupid:

What's the best way of doing it basically?

Kavey

we have a US based club too

there are some very friendly folks there - you could ask.

I know for a fact that MrSypher has offered to help with this sort of thing in the past - you could pm him.

Just don't expect an answer real quick - Mike got married last Friday - so its honeymoon time right now - and I guarantee you - he aint thinking about rims at the moment mate!

Hey Rob...

The are really nice.. mmmmmmmm :whistling::whistling: will go with the color of ur car...

I'm looking into buying some next month now.. probably go for 18" i'm realy interested in the Kahn's RS-S series... then again the RS-C 2-piece wheel looks good too

Kahn Wheels..

i've seen them on Audi TT, but not on a Lexus yet (maybe the 1st) B) B) , just waiting for this bad spell of weather to pass (roll on sunshine) B) B) , then down to the auto shops...

I'm looking into buying some next month now.. probably go for 18" i'm realy interested in the Kahn's RS-S series... then again the RS-C 2-piece wheel looks good too

Yeah I've seen those Kahn's, they look real good. Was interested til I realised the 2 piece wheels cost nearly £2k a set of 4 tho! Eek! :arrrggg-matey:

:lol:

Anyway. I've emailed a bunch of US suppliers to see what they say. I'm trying to get in touch with the manufacturer also. Quite a few have already emailed back which is encouraging. Just need to get the best deal, as I know I'm going to probably get stung with VAT through customs :duh:

Unfortunately, the wheels I'm interested in are chrome, whick I'm not sure how they'll look with my Platinum Ice Altezza. Might have to get them repainted :yahoo:

Asam

Unfortunately, the wheels I'm interested in are chrome, whick I'm not sure how they'll look with my Platinum Ice Altezza. Might have to get them repainted :yahoo:

Asam

OR............ You could get your car painted another colour............ :lol::yawn::whistling:

• 1 month later...

Hey all

Found some new wheels i'm after, having found out the ones I wanted before had been discontinued, but doing a UPS check for freight costs came back with $460 as the cheapest delivery costs :blink: :duh:

Anyone know a better way to import? - don't mind the time being longer :sleeping:

I should stop looking at websites! :ph34r: Too many nice wheels from abroad :lol:

I might need to get in touch with you on this L3X JG :excl:

Still haven't heard from Steve Ganz :unsure:

KV

$460 aint too bad Asam. I have paid $370 with ESPS and they have no tracking numbers so you have no idea where your package is or when it will arrive :angry: :(

I say go with UPS, I would if I was doing it again.

Cheers bud - at least I know that as a ball-park figure it ain't too bad :blink:

Steve got in touch finally :hocus-pokus: he might be able help with the freight side of it too.

Saying that, I'm over in LA mid-May for work at the E3 games thingy - anyone have any experience of 'personal' importing, or is it a real pain in the butt??

Might be able to pick up some bits and bobs myself... :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links