Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nissan 420z

Ellz

A four-leaf clover; Indian head penny; hot blonde majoring in Applied Physics—all things that you don’t come across often and extra special when you see one. Now we can add “Alyssa” to that list. This black beauty started her life in Japan as a 35th anniversary Nissan Z-car and never looked back. Canadian resident Alex Yao took Alyssa on a journey to the US that has transformed her into the 420Z that she is today.

No, that’s not a typo directed at our hemp/car enthusiast readers- the Zed is powered by a 4.2L (actually it’s 4.24L, but who’s counting) custom built VQ. When you give Alyssa a cocktail of 100 octane race gas and methanol injection, she won’t hesitate to put out an amazing 760 rwhp/713 ft-lb torque at a mere 18psi of boost. Oh yea, I forgot to mention Alyssa is carrying twins; both named Garrett. Move aside 1977 Topps #207 C-3P0 Error trading card: you just got served on the Rarity dance floor! Alyssa’s tech sheet seems to come straight from of a Grand Am race team: Darton sleeves, custom 90mm crankshaft, port & polished heads, custom valve train, Cosworth bearings, and the list goes on and on. The plethora of engine components easily places this build as one of the craziest non-corporate builds we’ve ever seen here at JTuned.

JTuned: How does it feel to drive something with so much power?

Yao: It’s kind of like having a high maintenance girlfriend. It’s best not to ***** her off.

JTuned: So is it like Rodeo s*x? You know, where you’re with a girl from behind and then you whisper in her ear that her sister’s boobs feel firmer and have to hold on for more than 8 seconds.

Yao: …

Alyssa’s current state of supremacy wasn’t exactly planned from the beginning: a prior attempt at a built VQ35 ran into problems that forced Yao to seek professional help. Some might have said the help would have been better used for his psyche after the engine mishap, but Yao trudged forward and didn’t give up. They traveled to Southern California to GT Motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga for the fix and ended up with an extreme makeover.

JTuned: So Alex, why did you choose to go with a 4.24L build rather than try again at 3.5L?

Yao: Well, at the time GT Motorsports just came out with their new stroker kit, so I thought I might as well give it a try.

JTuned: Do you have any regrets?

Yao: A lot actually. I wasted a lot of money on parts that I couldn’t use any more-- it was a big learning process.

JTuned: What was your motivation behind Alyssa?

Yao: This is my first RWD car, the first “built” car I’ve owned. I’m in it for the process, not the result. Every time I drive her, I want something new. Whether it’s more power or exterior [modification]. I want to create a personality, like watching a kid grow.

Alyssa’s exterior physique developed nicely during her seven-month rebuild. The front lip, side skirts, hood, roof, both A and B pillars, rear hatch, and rear underbody diffuser are all made in carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP). The subtly Magnetic Black painted front lip and side skirts reveals the CF under skin ever so stealthily. The interior got the same carbon treatment: the center console, gauge pod, racing seats, instrument crown, kick plates, shift knob, and rear strut bar cover. Shall I forgo the need to report that the engine bay also has all the factory plastic replaced with a CFRP counterpart? Hmm..indeed I shall. “Hello? Oh hold on a sec-” Hey Alex, it’s NASA calling. They want their carbon fiber back to fix the Space Shuttle!

Something that I’m none to familiar with called “Ice,” apparently lines the entire trunk area. There is this giant round plastic object that tends to displace a large amount of air in a low frequency repetition. This is what I would call a “thumping” noise. Next to it is what looks like two amplifiers supplying power to this object. Luckily for me Alyssa’s shoes are quite noticeable. Red four-piston Stoptech calipers call each corner their home as they hover over 355mm cross-drilled rotors. Both are neatly tucked behind a set of 19” Volk Racing titanium gunmetal GT-S wheels wrapped in Toyo T-1Rs. The diamond-cut lip is mesmerizing with a mirror-like reflection of the calipers. The illumination from the fender well is even more breathtaking when Alyssa is in action and on a roll.

JTuned: What’s your favorite part of the car Alex?

Yao: Honestly? I think it would be the rear emblem “420Z TT.” It’s custom made.

“Custom made” seems like an understatement. The shear extreme level of this build is what makes Alyssa so unique, so rare and special, that this JTuned author truly thinks that there won’t be something of this magnitude for quite some time. If you find yourself on the same piece of pavement as Yao’s hot and classy Z, I suggest you take some time to savor the moment. As soon as the boost kicks in, Alyssa will leave you in the dust muttering in awe what those little silver letters on the hatch spell out: 4-2-0-Z-T-T.

Engine:

GTM 4.24L Custom VQ Stroker Kit

Darton MID T-Sleeves

Custom 90.0mm Stroke Crankshaft

Arias / GTM Extreme Duty Pistons (8.5:1 Compression)

GTM Rods

Fully Balanced and Blueprinted

Custom GTM-Spec Cometic Head Gasket

GTM Stage 3 Heads

Ported and Polished

JWT S7 Rev-Up Camshafts (262 deg. Duration / .450” (11.43mm) Lift)

1mm Overbore Intake Valves

1mm Overbore Exhaust Valves

Custom GTM-Spec Ferrea Valvetrain (Springs and Titanium Retainers)

GTM-spec ARP 12mm Head Studs

ARP Main Studs

Cosworth Rod Bearings

Cosworth Main Bearings

Fully Balanced and Blueprinted

APS Extreme Twin Turbo System

APS-Spec Twin Garrett GT Hybrid Turbos

APS-Spec Vertical 5” Deep Intercooler

HKS SSQV Blow-Off Valve

Tial 52mm Wastegates

APS 3.5” Downpipes

APS Extreme Fuel System

APS Dual Fuel Pumps

APS-Spec 880cc Fuel Injectors

APS Fuel Rails

APS Fuel Return System

HKS Fcon V-Pro Standalone ECU tuned by Sam@GTMotorsports

HKS Fcon Navigator

HKS Boost Controller

HKS Fcon Knock Amp

4 custom mapping

Aquamist Water/Methenol Injection

Greddy Evo-TT True Dual Exhaust with Custom Turbo Piping

Custom Polished Plenum

Custom ZCG Oil Cooler

Custom ZCG Power Steering Cooler Koyo Radiator

Buddy Club Racing-Spec Condenser

GTM Pathfinder Cooling System

Exedy GTM-Spec Dual Plate Carbon Clutch

Suspension:

Tein Basic Adjustable Coilovers

Stillen Adjustable Sway Bars F&R

JIC-Magic CF Front Strut Bar

3.3FD Differential with vLSD

Driveshaft Shop Level 5 Rear Axles

Brakes:

Stoptech 14.1” Cross-Drilled Big Brake Kit Front and Rear

Wheels:

Volk GT-S Titanium Gunmetal 19x9.5f +17 19x10.5r +18

Toyo T1-R 255/35/19f 285/35/19r

Volk TE-37 Custom-Made Time Attack 18x9.5f +22 18x10.5r +22

BF Goodrich KDW2 265/35/18f

BF Goodrich Drag Radials 295/35/18r

Rays Red Lug Nuts

Exterior:

C-West CF Front Lip

C-West CF Side Skirts

Top Secret CF Rear Diffuser / Vortex Generators

Asuka Prototype double sided CF hood

Asuka Prototype CF A-Pillars

Asuka Prototype CF Hatch with integrated spoiler

Asuka Prototype CF Roof

Varis CF B-Pillars

Vertical Doors Inc Conversion

OEM 2006 LED Taillights

Blue Batmobile Custom Overlays

8000K Lightbulbs

Custom ’06 Headlights

JDM Clear Front Reflectors

20% Tint Rear

35% Tint Front

Central 20 CF Engine Cover

Central 20 CF Battery Cover

Central 20 CF Fluid Cover

Central 20 CF Radiator Guide

Top Secret Hood Dampers

S2000 Antenna

Custom “420Ztt” Rear Emblem

Interior:

Stillen CF A-Pillar Dual Gauge Pod

Stillen CF A-Pillar Cover

EVO-R CF Center Console

EVO-R CF Instrument Crown Cover

EVO-R CF Switch Panels

Defi Blue Racer Gauges (Boost / Temp)

Central 20 CF Kickplates

Central 20 CF Rear Strut Cover

Nismo CF Shift Knob

Bride Gias / Stradias Hyperblack Seats

Bride Seat Sliders

Takata 4-Point Harnesses

Kirk Racing Harness Bar

Greddy Auto Timer

Alpine IVA-D310 Head Unit

DLS Ultimate iridium 6.2I 6.5" Two Way Component Set

Custom Kick Panels

Rear Alpine Type-X Speakers

DLS Ultimate A5 3-Channel Amplifier

Elemental Designs 7kv.2 6.5" Subwoofers x 7

Custom CNC machined Trunk for Subwoofers / Amplifier Display

DLS Ultimate Cables

Elemental Designs E-Dead Sound Proofing Material

nz01oi3.jpg

nz02jp8.jpg

nz03xk2.jpg

nz04dr4.jpg

nz05gd2.jpg

nz06ek4.jpg

nz07lg2.jpg

nz08xy8.jpg

nz09wg0.jpg

nz10fb1.jpg

nz11mc8.jpg

nz12xm3.jpg

nz13vi6.jpg

nz14qy5.jpg

nz15im2.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links