Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Project : Is200 By Niraj

That is an awesome build - can't imagine how much of your time it takes up!

Really can't believe how much attention to detail you've taken, or how you can take your car to pieces and then put it all back together again.....

Can't wait to see it finished! :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an awesome build - can't imagine how much of your time it takes up!

Really can't believe how much attention to detail you've taken, or how you can take your car to pieces and then put it all back together again.....

Can't wait to see it finished! :D

I spend roughly an hour a night planning and designing in the weekday, and maybe a total of 20hrs each weekend that i have free. I've been physically working on the car since July 2006, a total of maybe 30 weekends... roughly 800 or so hours so far. Some people say I work too slowly. I like to think of it as taking my time and doing it to the best of my capabilities.

The car has not been off-road, because I use it every day to get to work. For the past year, i've eaten, breathed, and slept ICPC. lol.

Amazing job Niraj thumbsup.gif

Maybe I should do a 'Best Write Up' certificate too :D

:blush:

Top work mate a very good read there, and very informative for anyone wanting to give it a go themself, when do you see yourself completing you long mission?

On arrival home after a weekend at JAE, I had a lovely envelope full of leather swatches sent to me by Transcal.

I'll be matching the leather tonight, and ordering it. They say it could take roughly 3 weeks to get the all the leather hides matched to the quantity I require.

Once I receive them, I foresee it taking approximately 30 hours to retrim the boot install.

Unfortunately, also while i was at JAE, one of my woofers, split away from the cone and coil, so I will be sending that to Pioneer to diagnose or repair. In the other woofer, the connections appear to have broken free from all the vibrations. So this could take about another month also.

If I dont have any more set backs, and my weekends don't get taken up by jobs, I aim to complete by mid september :)

I know it sounds like a long wait... but once it's finished all i'll have to do is keep it clean :D

After seeing and hearing your setup at JAE mate i was very impressed with the whole set up and quality of the the install :whistling: i remember having to catch my dvd player as when you turned it up a bit you bounced it off the dash and i was parked 2 cars away from you :lol: Was good to meet you mate hope you get the subs sorted and back in action.. :D

After seeing and hearing your setup at JAE mate i was very impressed with the whole set up and quality of the the install :whistling: i remember having to catch my dvd player as when you turned it up a bit you bounced it off the dash and i was parked 2 cars away from you :lol: Was good to meet you mate hope you get the subs sorted and back in action.. :D

:whistling: sorry about that... lol

yeh, i hope the subs get sorted quickly :) they really shouldn't break away that easily :( perhaps a faulty batch...? i'm sure Pioneer will be able to diagnose the problem... there was definitely no smell of burnt coils.

This has to be one of the most amazing and informative threads ive ever seen on Loc. Very impressive Niraj :)

Thank you :)

Excellent job there mate,

I was quite happy with my own little install but now i feel so inadequate lol

Great job though mate.

Stav

Hey Stav,

This topic was not meant to make anyone feel like that.

I would have hoped it to be a motivation to others with similar goals and as a guide to help those who want to start their own project :)

My aim in this topic was to make everyone take an interest in ICPC's and ICE and intrigued at what can be achieved. I hope you'll continue to follow the rest of the project to it's completion :)

Fair ******* play mate thats gonna look and sound amazing when it's finished!!

I would have a clue what I was doing, or the balls to rip my car to pieces and then try and put it all back together with a kick ***** install :lol:

Edited by janey
swearing/evading profanity filter

nice read up, all attention to detail. Go on lad :D

:D thanks Tuff, i've enjoyed writing it up as much as i've enjoyed building it!

Fair ******* play mate thats gonna look and sound amazing when it's finished!!

I would have a clue what I was doing, or the balls to rip my car to pieces and then try and put it all back together with a kick ***** install :lol:

I guess by all the swearing you liked it :D ? Not sure if i'd say it was stupidity to begin this project or pure satisfaction when completing it. Hopefully the latter :lol:

Top write up mate and an excellent project you're doing there too. Well done :D

Thought you might like it Adie :)

Wow, that is something special you have done there.

You should be proud,well done Niraj

Thanks Paul, i'm really happy with my efforts so far... :D

Just been through this thread and it's absolutley amazing. The install is going to be one of the best around and will definately be one of a kind.

Very impressed with the dedication and work that has been going into this and really looking forward to seeing even more progress and the finished product. Excellent job!!

Just been through this thread and it's absolutley amazing. The install is going to be one of the best around and will definately be one of a kind.

Very impressed with the dedication and work that has been going into this and really looking forward to seeing even more progress and the finished product. Excellent job!!

Thanks Rikos, comments are appreciated :) i'm really glad i've been getting a good response from you guys...

hopefully people will ask a few questions about it so it doesn't just look like a topic with a bunch of pictures and no rhyme or reason :lol:

How much do you think you will have spent when finished? (if you dont mind me asking)

Nope I dont mind you asking, I have an Excel sheet that I use to track all my costs, I can send it to you via email if you wish?

Hmm...after seeing that...all I can say is...

How would you like to help me soundproof my car? LOL...

Judging you don't live that far away from me...:P

Get a hold of the sound deadening, and let me know when. I'll pop over to give you a hand :) just make sure you get in the Beers :D

Thats a real nice write up!!!!

that looks really good!!!! i will be doing my speakers one day! then i will be seeking you for some advices by then!

No problem Snowman... I've got a few pictures of how the wiring is run into the door which i haven't posted up yet, because I was going to put that in an entirely seperate post.

Check out : Front Door Wiring for a picture summary :D

Nice work Niraj!!!

looks like you done the exact same thing with the front door wires i done on mine!

Love the speaker mount you made as well, proper class. i just used the original front door speakers and butchered them to make a speaker mount! worked the same sort of way just quicker! my 6x9's where also too deep for the parcel shelf but i didn't think to make a mount for them so i moved them to the boot door!!!! :hehe::blink:

keep up the good work!

Jason :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links