Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Go Karting

Rikos

Hello all,

I went go karting last night with work, second time i've been an i luv it!!!

Thinks it a great event to do. Just wondered if anyone does go karting proffesionally or is part of a local league as i wouldnt mind doing something like this.

Also would anyone fancy a go karting meet one weekend or night?

Hi Rikos,

Yeh i've been go-karting twice now myself... There is the Daytona-500 on August the 19th at Milton Keynes...

I did the Daytona250 last month... in the rain :D

Laptime of 1:14.8 5th fastest out of 94 drivers no less :D

I'm up for it, and have a large group of friends who are always up for events like this.

Niraj - is the daytona every month i cant do 19th as i'm at a wedding. How much did you pay and how long do you get?

I went to F1 Karting in Wymeswold which is in door and it's not a bad track only 26 seconds a lap.

I think this would make for a good day so if we can get some dates, prices and locations and we'll get something organised.

It was £250 for 2.5hours, must have teams of 2-8.

The Daytona500 is £500 for 500km of race time roughly 7hours tracktime, again must have teams of 2-8.

We had teams of 4 so was a little over £60 each for around 35 minutes tracktime.

For the smaller events i think we're looking at between £50-£80 per person for 30 minutes track time, which isn't bad, because after 20 minutes you're pretty knackered!

There are special events held, OR if we can get 40 people or so, then we can ask Daytona to create our own individual format event with our own rules :D

I've been a couple of times, really loved it! I was thinking about taking my little girl as she loves driving her Kart at home & she's brilliant (not a modest mum!)

I live down the road from Milton keynes, does anyone know of any younger groups for karting in that area? I've looked on the internet & nothing is coming up? she's only four but I'm sure that I've heard of 3 year olds karting etc!!

Well i'll have a look at different tracks and prices.

The one i went to is £29 for half an hour arrive and drive or you can have events but as i say it's only 26 sec a lap and single engined karts.

lillylexus - i'm sure there will be something for very young kids but i'm not sure if i come across anything while looking i shall let you know.

Karting is great, we usually go once a month now, I really like it!

We were at a place called Kartland in Berlin and that was good - they have some quick karts but they'll even weigh them all down so that everyone is on a level playing field - the lads wouldn't do that last time so put me at a disadvantage cos I'm a fat lad but I still beat two of the scrawny ones which was well funny - to say they were unhappy was an understatement :D

I've been a couple of times, really loved it! I was thinking about taking my little girl as she loves driving her Kart at home & she's brilliant (not a modest mum!)

I live down the road from Milton keynes, does anyone know of any younger groups for karting in that area? I've looked on the internet & nothing is coming up? she's only four but I'm sure that I've heard of 3 year olds karting etc!!

Here ya go Lilly http://www.go-kiddy-karts.co.uk/

Not sure if this is what you mean, but it's always a nice place to start :)

Thinks it a great event to do. Just wondered if anyone does go karting proffesionally or is part of a local league as i wouldnt mind doing something like this.

Used to race karts in my somewhat younger days :whistling: but still go out of my way to find tracks wherever I am as still love it ...have karted in Perth Australia, Singapore, Celle Germany, Houston USA, Prague Czech Republic, Majorca, Norway and Cyprus as well as tracks in the UK. My son started at the age of seven at Castle Coombe kart school, but he seems to have found other interests now he's turned 18 :lol:

Used to race karts in my somewhat younger days :whistling: but still go out of my way to find tracks wherever I am as still love it ...have karted in Perth Australia, Singapore, Celle Germany, Houston USA, Prague Czech Republic, Majorca, Norway and Cyprus as well as tracks in the UK. My son started at the age of seven at Castle Coombe kart school, but he seems to have found other interests now he's turned 18 :lol:

Whoa that's some experience in karting!

I think i'll make that one of my life goals too... so far i've done Milton Keynes Daytona, and Budapest :D

I had a go in Warrington a few years back. I was :tsktsk: !!!

It was quite funny because out of the 8 people that went, the three that could actually drive came in the bottom three. That made me feel better! :lol:

Last time I karted was when I was 18 and I was sick! I'll give this one a miss because me and anything fast and bendy don't get on so well. If there was a meet I'd volunteer my time to come and do the photography (I am a professional you know!)

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa that's some experience in karting!

I think i'll make that one of my life goals too... so far i've done Milton Keynes Daytona, and Budapest :D

Ok, I've done Buckmore Park in Kent, Letchworth, Streatham, Bayford Meadows at Sittingbourne, and a massive circuit in Bacau, Romania!

yeah this sounds cool.

used to have a couple of karts when i was about 16. my dad bought me one and he bought one himself. they were the 100's. very quick indeed. used to take them to different tracks but it all got quite expensive (rebuild everyother time we went). applied for a race licence and took the medical, just never got round to sending the forms off. plus i didnt have the engine and chassis combination that i could use to compete with!

i used to work and i live within walking distance of buckmore park, so if u want to hold the event there that would be great for me!!!

when i was a member of porsche club gb we had an event between us and the ferrari club. could this be an idea for one of our events?

was 17 and came first out of 26 porsche and ferrari drivers!!! was very proud. lol they hated me!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links