Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Monster......

bloofire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

well maximum tuner didnt follow through.so went to another Magazine, yhey saw the pics said yes and arrived today to do the shoot..........

took 3 hours, was bloody cold, but i recon its gonna be a good article!

The car was amazingly clean........didnt have my strut brace which was lent out ages ago,.........alas the car still looked crackin though

...Oh the magazine was called "POWER-TUNING" .....tis sold all over mainland Europe

"Power Tuning" has been our strap line and part of our logo for as long as I can remember. "Tuning Japanese" was also nicked from us by that firm down in Surrey. :angry:

Can't wait to see the article Mr C :)

Yesterday i fitted a 9000 rpm Tacho from an altezza, so combined with the 180mph(300kmh) speedo it looks quite cool now............

now to swap over the altezza Battery level and coolant temp guages.......may try and get the oil one in there, alas that one may just be for show

• 2 weeks later...
Will it be released in time for JAE?  :winky:
The Monster is now residing in the new TDi Towers  :ph34r:

There is a propshaft vibration issue to resolve and then the ecu mapping.

We are scheduled to start during the 2nd week of Jan, and there is approx 2 weeks of work.

There is a propshaft vibration issue to resolve ...

Will it be a "chrome moly steel" one ?

Set up on a "dynamic balancing machine" to a "tiny fraction of a gram"

:whistling: :D

That's the flywheel I believe you are talking about, which is as you have mentioned ie made from chrome moly steel and balanced to a fraction of a gramme.

The propshaft is one of the few things we didn't do in house, so we intend to send it away for checking. A couple of grammes is acceptable for a propshaft, but the tighter the tolerance the better it will be :)

There is a propshaft vibration issue to resolve ...

Will it be a "chrome moly steel" one ?

Set up on a "dynamic balancing machine" to a "tiny fraction of a gram"

:whistling: :D

That's the flywheel I believe you are talking about, which is as you have mentioned ie made from chrome moly steel and balanced to a fraction of a gramme.

The propshaft is one of the few things we didn't do in house, so we intend to send it away for checking. A couple of grammes is acceptable for a propshaft, but the tighter the tolerance the better it will be :)

local building site have asked for their scaffold pole back :lol::lol:

will be nice to see it up and running the way it should

be even nicer to see it on the lexus track day !! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links