Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kensington Green Sport Grille

Hi Guys.

New to the forums here. Just bought myself a lovely green IS200 sport. Very happy with my purchase.

I would like to change the silver grille for the sport one. However my local dealer (Twickenham, and i've read their reviews :( ) says they dont stock the grilles and they are not available to order in that colour any more. Now i know i can buy another colour and repaint, however its gonna be a lot cheaper to buy it in green.

Anybody got one for sale? Or is there anybody i can contact who can help?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Hi Guys.

New to the forums here. Just bought myself a lovely green IS200 sport. Very happy with my purchase.

I would like to change the silver grille for the sport one. However my local dealer (Twickenham, and i've read their reviews :( ) says they dont stock the grilles and they are not available to order in that colour any more. Now i know i can buy another colour and repaint, however its gonna be a lot cheaper to buy it in green.

Anybody got one for sale? Or is there anybody i can contact who can help?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Ed.

Welcome to LOC. Hope your Lex is serving you well.

PM Chris.S - he can get hold of them - some colours pre-painted. I think they're around £30 somewhere (but may be wrong on this)

Keith

Can only get 5 colours now

White

Platinum Ice

Royal Sapphire

Granite Sky

Black

Orders are also taking longer to come too, looks like they are becoming obsolete

Yeah thats what the guy said on the phone. They are just selling off the stock now so the variety is thinning out. Well it looks like this is going to be more expensive than i thought. £30ish for the grille and probably £100 for the paint. :( I'll have to look out on eBay have only been seeing the carbon fibre ones. Thought about those but decided against. Descisions, descisions..........

I picked up a Granite Sky sport grille this morning from Lexus twickenham.

chuffing, only cost £36, going to fit it tomorrow, look out for a post and some pics :)

edeath, whatever you decide, dont give up on the idea of the grille without a fight, it really makes a differnce to the car.

good luck mate

I picked up a Granite Sky sport grille this morning from Lexus twickenham.

chuffing, only cost £36, going to fit it tomorrow, look out for a post and some pics :)

edeath, whatever you decide, dont give up on the idea of the grille without a fight, it really makes a differnce to the car.

good luck mate

I know but i think that as the green is a rarer colour there were less around to start with or something like that. Even the guy on eBay has no green ones. I'm just going have to hope a member with a green one gets a body kit sometime soon so i can buy it off them or get one and have it painted.

I know but i think that as the green is a rarer colour there were less around to start with or something like that. Even the guy on ebay has no green ones. I'm just going have to hope a member with a green one gets a body kit sometime soon so i can buy it off them or get one and have it painted.

I've got an IS200 Sport in Kensington Green (colour code 6Q7), and bought the sport grill from the stealership for £35 in black. Removed the mesh myself and a local sprayshop did the job for less than the cost of the grill, although I supplied the paint.

hhmmm interesting. Thanks tango. I'll look into it.

I have a compressor and a very nice gravity fed Devilbiss spraygun, and was planning to do the job myself...but couldn't be assed :D . It would be fairly easy to do yourself with an aersol can of Plasticoat, another of 6Q7, and one of clearcoat (and some wet & dry paper to prep between the plasticoat and successive paint coats), but I'm not sure where you'd get the 6Q7 in an aerosol...anybody???

but I'm not sure where you'd get the 6Q7 in an aerosol...anybody???

Im not sure if that exsists tbh... if it does however, i would be very interested...

let us know if you know <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Right, well i've got the aerosol paint from halfrauds and some primer and laquer. So i need ot get the grille in. On a side note some Indian guy hit me in his Mitsi Shogun pulling out on me without indicating. So the car is in the shop getting the drivers door skin, whole drivers side wheel arch and headlight getting replaced. Driving a mitsi colt atm as a curtousy car; i swear its about to topple over on every corner i go around (maybe a little fast!)

Right, well i've got the aerosol paint from halfrauds and some primer and laquer. So i need ot get the grille in. On a side note some Indian guy hit me in his Mitsi Shogun pulling out on me without indicating. So the car is in the shop getting the drivers door skin, whole drivers side wheel arch and headlight getting replaced. Driving a mitsi colt atm as a curtousy car; i swear its about to topple over on every corner i go around (maybe a little fast!)

Why not have a word with the body shop and get them to spray up the grill - much cheaper if they already have the paint in the gun!

Allready asked, but they said something about not being able to mix private and insurance jobs together. I think they were just being difficult as they were busy. The paints in a spray can now so.........i'll do it myself and hope for the best. I'll just have to be patient and wait a day between coats an all that. Chris S will sort me out a white grille so all is good :D

Allready asked, but they said something about not being able to mix private and insurance jobs together. I think they were just being difficult as they were busy. The paints in a spray can now so.........i'll do it myself and hope for the best. I'll just have to be patient and wait a day between coats an all that. Chris S will sort me out a white grille so all is good :D

Thats certainly bloody mindness saying that, if they are mixing the paint, I have a Kensington Green and I too had thugs decide to kick in my offside wing (£680) under insurance, for a figure of £150 they sprayed my sports grille, front spoiler splitters, sports lip spoiler, rear moulded lexus mud guards and fitted the lot. Did a spiffing job too... I think your repair shop is just being difficult.

Good luck with the spray can! It will be worth it. Mine looks great if I do say so myself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links