Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Bit Of Pc Help Needed Please

GWilso

Sorry not that great with pc jargon so please be gentle

I've managed to delete my microsoft word package its quite and old one 2000 I think? But it's good enough for what I need.

I dont have any discs as it was already installed on the PC when purchased

I tried a few pc worlds comet etc etc and they no longer supply old style windows/Word packages just the new vista version or whatever its called and I really dont want to spend £130 on some jumped up version

Can anyone tell me how to get my microsoft word back or were I can get the older version disc from?

Any advise much appreciated!

Gordon

Im not an expert realy, im sure someone more qualified will be along in a min,

All I can think of other than a reboot is to find a restore point, try and think of the date you delete it and set the restore point to the day before, should work. But everything you have changed/saved on your computer after that date will be lost

i'm sure I have an old version of office lying round somewhere with word on it, If I can find it, i'll do a copy with the code too, i'll post back on when I find it and you can pm me your address if u want it

Sorry not that great with pc jargon so please be gentle

I've managed to delete my microsoft word package its quite and old one 2000 I think? But it's good enough for what I need.

I dont have any discs as it was already installed on the PC when purchased

I tried a few pc worlds comet etc etc and they no longer supply old style windows/Word packages just the new vista version or whatever its called and I really dont want to spend £130 on some jumped up version

Can anyone tell me how to get my microsoft word back or were I can get the older version disc from?

Any advise much appreciated!

Gordon

Gordon - Ive PM'd you.....

System restore won't normally put programs back that have been uninstalled.. only the settings that were in the registry, and shortcuts..

also, system restore does not affect any work saved..

You will have to re-install MS Word (or Office 2000) from CD.. hopefully you will get this sorted soon..

John

Dependant upon the machine type, you may have an image and / or collection of installation packages on a partition on the machine.

For example, you may have a C drive and a D drive (not meaning a CD drive). You may store all your data and information on the C drive, but the D drive is reserved for the manufacturer's components when released from the factory - such as drivers and initially installed software.

Try searching to see if you can locate anything.

Regards,

Jamie

If you did just delete it, it may still be in the Recycle Bin.

Doubleclick the recycle bin and see if its there, if so, just right click the folder in the RBin and click the restore button and it should come back.

An alternative is Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/) which is a free application and as long as you dont use any of the more esoteric options of the Office Package (99% of users dont) then it should work a treat

HTH

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links