Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Auto Lock

Fugu

Not even a week and i locked my keys in the bleeding boot and the car locked itself.... :crybaby::whistling: is there a way to turn the auto lock off? its a great idea, however i can see it causing me all kinda problems while im tinkering or detailing?

or am i the only muppet to do it :blush:

it doesnt auto lock if you open one of the doors in time...

i unlock it, and open the nearest door to me, it then stays unlocked.

have you managed to get the keys out the boot?

yeah, AA do it for free... i felt so daft it was unreal. so if i unlock the car via the fob then open any door it will cancel the auto lock? does it matter if i shut that door again?

Still baffles me on how you can lock your keys in the car if you open the door to cancel the auto lock or am I missing something here?

I'm assuming he means that he accidentally locked the keys in the boot, but thought as the car was unlocked, he'd be able to use the boot release lever - but as a door was not opened, the car relocked itself........

what i dont understand is, why are the keys in the boot in the first place?

im guessing there must have been a point in your mind when you said "i must now place these keys in a safe place" as opposed to "i must now put these keys in my pocket".....

i dunno, maybe your pockets where full :P

nb: after typing that, i now beleive i will lock my keys in my boot... its called sods law! :S

Yup I've done it too, outside Halfords of all places, popped the boot using the remote release to change a tail light bulb. Put the keys down inside the boot, changed the bulb, closed the boot and "oh bollox" locked out :lol:

Keys in coat pocket while fitting boot spoiler, started to sweat so put coat in boot to keep clean, fitted spoiler and closed boot to see how it looked... oh feck.... awful moment when you realise you locked out

thankfully spare was exactly where i left it inside at home....

lol, let me explain...

I was claying my car, for some reason i unlocked the car and popped the boot which was where i had all my cleaning stuff. i opened it up and throw the keys in so i could use both hands, i thought id start at the boot since it's the easiest bit, so i closed it...

However i never saw a problem since the car was unlocked and i could just either get my spare fob from the car or just pull the lever. i did my bit and went round to open the drivers door :whistling:

but it had obviously locked itself again, something i never thought would happen... especially since i've never even heard of it on any car!

it wont happen again, but hey, live an learn! (and i cant leave my car alone for 2 secs, so i havent had time to read the book!)

diddnt wallace do it at one JAE.. we had it on video.

I think I remember this, it was at Billing 4 ish years ago??

yes was about that time but a quick trip to one of the stalls for "supplies" had his car open in a few minutes......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links