Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

Lexus2D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admiral Multicar - insured both of our cars (fully comp/business use) for less than Direct Line quoted for the Lexus alone...fully comp, Guaranteed no claims, legal etc

£517 & not including Hire car n Legal cover but Thanx :crybaby:

Mines due on 5th November am with Privilege @ mo post-20836-1192089878.gif

Suppose it depends on ur postcode & age :crybaby:

Last year paid £349.65

[/quote

That seem like a good quote to me however try the "POST OFFICE" I SAVED £200 with them this year!

£332.23 no excess

Lloyds want £344.40 with no excess

So in the lead so far Thanx :huh:

Mines due on 5th November am with Privilege @ mo post-20836-1192089878.gif

Suppose it depends on ur postcode & age :crybaby:

Last year paid £349.65

Insurance is a scam.

If you make a claim for, say, £500, the insurance company will pay for repairs but will charge you more in insurance premiums for years to come, EVEN IF YOU'VE GOT PROTECTED NO CLAIMS. The protection means you get the same discount but on a higher premium anyway.

In other words, the insurance company has given you a loan for the repairs which you have to pay back in years to come.

The only way you can gain from insurance is if you write-off your car. But the crooks have got that covered too. They bribe the car price guide publishers to devalue cars rapidly and will only pay the book price for your car.

Thirdly, you are forced by law to take insurance out. Just look at how Nu Labour have attacked small businesses with indemnity insurance where premiums have rocketed. Is it any wonder that Warren Buffet, the world's third richest man, still gets over half his profits from insurance.

However, I've encountered a new twist with my insurance company, Privilege. Some scumbag crashed into the back of my car and Privilege did their best to claim it was my fault even though the scumbag was very obviously lying. They even claimed that as I was in the right hand lane of a roundabout, it was the "aggressive" lane. The assessor sent by Privilege suggested that I shouldn't claim on my policy.

I did claim, however, and now it's going to court. But there's a suprise. I'M THE DEFENDANT!!!! The other insurance company are accusing me of colliding into the scumbag that collided into the back of me! The scumbag that crashed into the back of my car is claiming damages even though there was virtually nothing wrong with his bumper.

Privilege also made me pay the full excess which I now find is more than the cost of the repairs to my car.

Why didn't my insurance company sue them first?

The answer is because I've got protected no claims and haven't claimed on my insurance in 14 years. The crooks aren't making enough money out of me! At the moment I pay only £286 for a fully comprehensive, protected policy on my LS400.

I talked to the solicitors they've appointed and they're only going to make a 50-50 claim. The insurance company, as I said, kept on claiming it was my fault until I took more photos of the road etc. showing there was no fault on my part and I know I'm not delusional about who's fault it is. So instead of going for 100% liability on the part of the scumbag that deliberately crashed into me, the best I can hope for is 50-50 because my insurance company won't even attempt to claim 100% liability. I found this out from talking to the solicitors who said that they were representing the insurance company and not me; in other words, Privilege are determined to make me lose my 14 year claim free driving record!

I've tried phoning up Privilege and it's impossible to get through on the usual automated telephone answering crap. The crooks repeatedly referred me to other phone numbers where there's no answer.

Avoid Privilege like the plague. A good product sells itself, but they need to pay Joanna Lumley to sell their rip-off insurance.

Im about 2 leave them

But if u dont tell them they just take the money thats wrong 2 usualy its the other way round :angry:

You just neva know how good they r till u need 2 use them :tsktsk:

Im 28 2 years NCB held licence for 11 years and got quoted £470 Fully comp by A plan.

£250 excess, £50 winscreen excess and UI can drive other vehciles not belonging to me with the ownders permission.

Last year I paid £530 with A plan

This year £470 saving £60 im well chuffed for once!

Im 28 2 years NCB held licence for 11 years and got quoted £470 Fully comp by A plan.

£250 excess, £50 winscreen excess and UI can drive other vehciles not belonging to me with the ownders permission.

Last year I paid £530 with A plan

This year £470 saving £60 im well chuffed for once!

Nice 1 mine never comes down, used 2 a long time ago but not no more :angry:

• 11 months later...
Just bumpin this as its that time again :sick: n want 2 c what quotes i got last year :unsure:

Have you tried Sky Insurance, who give a discount to LOC members ? I got a good quote from them, but of course everyone's circumstances are different, still might be worth a try though.

Yes Thanx £556 cheapest so far is HSBC £429 so mite call Sky back 2 c if they can beat it :whistling:

My renewel was £695 with LTSB i nearly passed out :o :sick:

Best so far Lloyds TSB £311.85

So last year i paid £311 then killed the Lex :crybaby: so had 2 pay another £125 on top i think :unsure:

So concidering iv gone from a 99 to a 03 with a write off i think £429 is quite fair :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links