Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dyno Run

Alright folks, we just had a dyno day with a local group tuned aberdeen and came away with a smile on my face, not offen you get more than you expect!

So far ive got the S/c with the carbon air scoop and induction kit, pro lex manifold, pro lex hi flo cat and hks hi-power silent exhaust.

I expected to get around 210 at best at the fly.

Came away with 217.2hbp calulated at the fly with 175bhp at the wheels.

Runing lean though so i'll have to look into that, the guy there reccomended that i get a fuel pressure regulator but i dont know if things are that simple.

flysmallpe4.jpg

scan001001smallxs4.jpg

Japerformance where we did the runs.

Happy with the outcome, may it continue!

good work matey :D

how much was the pro lex hi flo cat ?

No probs with emmisions ?

Didn't seem to have any problems with emmissions at all, think it was maybe a good idea sticking with the hi flow cat.

Cat details

nice result :)

fuel regulator is not that simple, there is no return line to regulate, would need an additional line to be run

Or ECU to control the injectors :winky:

Well done, nice to see one getting over 210bhp mark :D

I think that will be the next step i go down, been looking into the ecu side of things, will have to start saving lol!

on the certificate it says "gear: 4 " was the dyno performed in 4th gear?? if so, it was not done properly - 5th gear is the 1:1 ratio and it should be done in 5th

thats a good point, seemed to change rite through the gears so i assume it was done in 5th, looking at everyone elses sheets it says 4th on them all, dunno.

Still happy with the results though :D

i didn't no, i tought about it but couldn't see the point in dyno'ing a standard car as it would produce standard figures which i can get for free from the net lol. Would be different if i thought there was something wrong with the car or if the work was being done at the garage anyway, in which case it would be good to see he figures change over a matter of hours lol.

Long story short im cheap lol.

i didn't no, i tought about it but couldn't see the point in dyno'ing a standard car as it would produce standard figures which i can get for free from the net lol. Would be different if i thought there was something wrong with the car or if the work was being done at the garage anyway, in which case it would be good to see he figures change over a matter of hours lol.

Long story short im cheap lol.

Only reason why...

as a base line to see what kind of power your car was making stock

remmber now all engines are the same ;) some make more power.

This is possible, will have to make sure they do it rite for future reffrence!

The guy should've known though as he said his wife was thinking of buying an is200 so he'd been out in a few for test drives last week lol.

So you'd get more?

That worries me even more then cause i'm sure mine was done in fourth when i had my dyno disappointment :(

Stav

Yes ...

lower the gear.. less train loss on the box ...

= more HP but not on a 1:1 gear.

What you have to keep in mind Stav, not all dynos are the same..

some are tuned diffrently. Some underread.. others overread to make the clients happy! ;)

http://www.bristoldyno.com/info/procedure.htm

I e-mailed the guy who runs japerformance and also carried out the rolling road day and this was his responce:

Hello Jamie,

the run was done in 4th gear and the ratio aspect from engine speed to road speed was entered into the dyno hence how the dyno knows the engine revs. It doesnt really matter what gear you use but general rule of thumb is 3rd gear for 5 speed boxes and 4th for 6 speed boxes.

Sounds as though this type of rolling road seems to slightly different to others.

Helps put the smile back on my face so im happy lol.

After ive carried out the next few mods i will have it r/r again somehwere different just to check though, i believe what the guys says but just for future reffrence.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links