Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fao Those Looking For New Tyres

swfcdan

Sorry in wrong area but i thought it may get more views for the club members.

Just ordered some new tyres from camskill.co.uk who i have used in the past and the have the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres for £75 per corner. I thought this was a bit of a bargain so purchased some for my car.

i dont work for camskill or anything like that but i thought you guys would like to know as it seems to be a pretty good price to me.

Only problem is that the F1's are Y rated should be Z on an IS.

I was just about to order a full set of these too. Anyone know the cheapest place for these with the Z rating? Need to have them by Friday when I pick up my refurbed wheels...

Only problem is that the F1's are Y rated should be Z on an IS.

I was just about to order a full set of these too. Anyone know the cheapest place for these with the Z rating? Need to have them by Friday when I pick up my refurbed wheels...

What size mate?

Got a quote for 18's of £450 fitted, sure I can get them cheaper somewhere else though :)

Standard wheels so 215/45/17. Tyres don't seem cheap round here so would like to buy them from the internet somewhere - refurb place will fit them for free when I collect my wheels.

My F1's are Z rated :)

Are these Extra Load tyres Dan?

im not sure mate, tbh i dont know what the difference is? should it matter, am i better changing them for a different set of z rather tyres?

im not sure mate, tbh i dont know what the difference is? should it matter, am i better changing them for a different set of z rather tyres?

It should say on the wall of the tyre 'Extra Load' :)

ahh rite, well i havnt got them yet, got an email earlier saying they are being dispathed today. i'll let you know.

someone mentioned that the IS should have Z rated tyres, jus had a quick google and Y rated tyres are up to like 180 odd mph, so i dont see why this should effect the car

Myself + Wozza have to have this sort of tyre '' Extra Load '' :o

Think the XL in the part number means Extra Load.

Also on a quick check Y = 186 MPH and Z = 150+ MPH so they should be OK insurance wise, would be worth checking with your insurance company though.

the tyres came yesterday morning, great service again from them, im wondering whether it is an error on their website as the tyres delivered are 215/45 ZR17's, so the whole insurance issue doesnt even come into play now

Arse.

I just bought two Falken 452s from there yesterday (215/45/17) since they couldn't confirm that the Goodyears were made in Germany. Don't appear to be XL.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s15p0

Would putting those on be a problem given that most of my driving is city-based or should I return them?

Bit surprised they're not XL since I know a number of BMW\Lexus\Merc owners who have them on.

I know it's something of a false comparison since these are new tyres, but the Falken 452s are a revelation. Consider me a convert. Car's handling's improved and it feels much more secure in the wet. I'll be getting the geo done in the new year and hopefully it'll be even better.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links