Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fitting A Trd Hoop Spoiler

has anyone got dimensions for whjere to drill the holes in mjy boot lid to fit amyh TRD spoiler?

cheers

Tom you know the 4 little black strips that i sent with the spoiler use them to lign it up take the 4 screws out 2 at each end of the spoiler and push the piece that stick up off the black strips into the screw holes put the spoiler in place on the boot get a friend to hold it the position you are happy with then tape the black strips into position with masking tape.

Then remove the spoiler and leave the strips in place on the car, Cut off the bits that are sticking up as these are the drill points then drill the holes start with a small pilot drill and check the position from inside the boot lid then if your happy with where they are drill the holes out again with the correct size drill bit then remove the black strips and put your spoiler back in place and screw the screws in to hold it in place the rubber/foam seals are already fitted to the spoiler.

Hope that helps a bit but if you get stuck mate pm me and i'll try and help you further :D

Chris... :)

has anyone got dimensions for whjere to drill the holes in mjy boot lid to fit amyh TRD spoiler?

cheers

Tom you know the 4 little black strips that i sent with the spoiler use them to lign it up take the 4 screws out 2 at each end of the spoiler and push the piece that stick up off the black strips into the screw holes put the spoiler in place on the boot get a friend to hold it the position you are happy with then tape the black strips into position with masking tape.

Then remove the spoiler and leave the strips in place on the car, Cut off the bits that are sticking up as these are the drill points then drill the holes start with a small pilot drill and check the position from inside the boot lid then if your happy with where they are drill the holes out again with the correct size drill bit then remove the black strips and put your spoiler back in place and screw the screws in to hold it in place the rubber/foam seals are already fitted to the spoiler.

Hope that helps a bit but if you get stuck mate pm me and i'll try and help you further :D

Chris... :)

cheers mate, its all fitted now, i just used masking tape and a template and it fits perfectly... although im a bit mythed, ive got 2 of the screw bolts in, but i cant get the other 2 in because there behind the double skin of the boot if you know what i mean. ive glued it down as well though seems solid enough.

l_5318a6149186edd426aa0b70eb08b70e.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links