Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Symbian Vs Windows Mobile?

MrADeveci

1286.jpg or HTC_Touch.jpg

Right, need a new phone ............. now I have had the Symbian OS before, and didn' like it (N73) but I'm confident that the new N95 8GB has changed a lot from the N73, in that there is more RAM and other goodies to allow it to work better.

I know everyone has there own opinion, but I'm after more of a recommendation, what you may have actually used .... or use ?

Its needs to be either one of these phones as I will be running data / wifi / internet / skype and will need to sync easily with Vista, Outlook, Contacts, Diary Etc.

What would you get and why?

The N95 8GB or the HTC Touch

Cheers.

I haven't got a Touch, but have had over last 3 years

HTC Universal,

HTC Artemis/P3300 with built in GPS,

and now got an HTC Kaiser/Tytn II with built in GPS.

Been very happy with them especially with Artemis/P3300 & Kaiser/Tytn II.

I am using a 6Gb microSD card in my Kaiser/Tytn II and love it :D

I would go for the Sony W960i it is already available in mainland Europe and will appear on Monday in the UK and it is truely awesome
I saw that Yemgi ... that is also Symbian operated ........... have you seen it in the flesh?

What the HELL!?

Just go into an O2 shop or Carphonewarehouse and ask for an Iphone demo from someone who knows what they are talking about.

You will soon see these 2 phones to be yesteryears trash.

The HTC Touch is a joke - seriously.

Do yourself a favour and just TRY an Iphone. Don't listen to the general noise coming from most people who have never used one. TRY one...

There is a REASON why the Iphone OS now has a greater market share than Windows mobile just 6 months after release.

I would go for the Sony W960i it is already available in mainland Europe and will appear on Monday in the UK and it is truely awesome
I saw that Yemgi ... that is also Symbian operated ........... have you seen it in the flesh?

Yes I had the chance to have a look at it in a phone shop in France as I have been waiting for it since it was announced 6 monthes ago and I can say I was not disappointed at all. It is really worth the wait. I can not wait for my contract renewal to get my hands on it.

I must say that whereas I do not like the Nokia interface, the N95 8GB is a great piece of kit.

Who mentionned the Iphone? The GUI is excellent, it has loads a very cool feature but it is not a phone, it is just a fashion crazy enhanced iPod with a very nice touch screen interface. It can eventually be used as a GSM but forget any 3G or 4G use. It can not even be used as a modem for a laptop...

I've just upgraded by contract to an N95 8Gb that comes on Monday, so I can't wait!! I'd say go for the N95 8Gb.......lots and lots of software about and the latest firmware update apparently speeds it up alot. I have played with the Iphone and my mate has one - Yes it looks superb and has a brilliant user interface, but I think its way over priced for what it is and O2's tariffs are not good enough for me.

Cheers Wozza, that Tytn seems very big too ? :(

but I'm a big boy !

It is the slide out keyboard (that I hardly use) that makes it thicker,

otherwise very similar in size to the HTC Artemis/P3300

Tom Tom works great on it :D

I did try the I-phone. Like previous comments, a really great user interface

but I like my GPS , Wi-Fi, Modem, 3G ,Mobile Word & various other Microsoft goodies,

and the fact I can send a text to more than 1 person at a time without it throwing

a major wobbler.

What the HELL!?

Just go into an O2 shop or Carphonewarehouse and ask for an iPhone demo from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Do yourself a favour and just TRY an iPhone. Don't listen to the general noise coming from most people who have never used one. TRY one...

There is a REASON why the iPhone OS now has a greater market share than Windows mobile just 6 months after release.

With a username of Tyger, you're not biased of course are you ? ;-)

The Iphone looks lovely, and is very sexy. The multimedia functions of it are fantastic, but it's jut not cut out for the business side of things.

No 3rd party software allowed, only web based applications? What's that all about ..... no 3G ? Don't mean just video calling, but I want fast data speeds .... the Iphone just doesn't have that!

Maybe the 2nd Gen Iphone will have all of what the current model lacks.

What the HELL!?

Just go into an O2 shop or Carphonewarehouse and ask for an iPhone demo from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Do yourself a favour and just TRY an iPhone. Don't listen to the general noise coming from most people who have never used one. TRY one...

There is a REASON why the iPhone OS now has a greater market share than Windows mobile just 6 months after release.

Tyger, i have an Iphone, as you know. had it months before UK release. i'm getting slightly frustrated by it. there are many things it lacks. the new W960 is the bees knees and i think i'm likely to be splashing out on one of those./

have you ever looked at anything other than apple products??

One thing you might have overlooked (based on what you were saying about the iPhone) is that the Touch is not 3G either........

Otherwise, my brother has a Touch and absolutely loves it - I've gotta say I quite like it too. It really is tiny when you think about what it can actually do, and it is a great device. It always works, the wifi is excellent and it is very useable for a touch screen device as a lot of the basic functions have large onscreen buttons.

However, I do think the N95 might be my next phone as it just simply does everything! No idea how good it is to use on a regular basis though, but ppl I know who have it are all pretty pleased with them.

I'm not so sure about the W960 though, I currently have a W950, and although I like it, I haven't been completely wowed by it - and the 960 doesn't seem to be as drastic an improvement (just has increased specs mainly). One of the pluses though, is that the 950 is ridiculously light, much lighter than any other smartphone I've ever used :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links