Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pads And Discs

Hi all,

Well it was noted that the discs and pads would need changing at the MOT as Lexus do their check over it and yesterday Lexus Ipswich came and picked it up, drove it, got it covered in c*&p off the road (as i keep it under a cover so was sparkling) didnt clean it and brought it back.

However in order for them to bring it back they wanted money and to be quite honest i think blood would be more appropriate as £360 seems a mad price!!! Has anyone else paid this sort of money and is it me just being tight or this quite high!!??

However, i cant complain as if i didnt do it the car would have never stopped but still!!

Matt

That is far to much for just the brakes! It would take a garage a maximum of an hour to change the front brakes and the parts a mximum of £160 (as they use the more expensive oem parts) and so should be between £200-250

Depends how long they have spent on changing the brakes. How many hours labour have they charged you for?

I must have got totally conned then..as I had all pads and discs changed on my old LS400 at Lexus back in 1999 and they charged me 1,000 quid!

Had rear discs at Lexus Cardiff last week, £250 after 'loyalty discount' (ie, the discount I get because my car is 5yrs old; this discount increases with the age of the car). Kwik Fit qouted me more than than for front discs.

you should have brought these and done it your self

EBAY

LEXUS IS200 MINTEX FRONT BRAKE DISC AND PADS SET. Item number: 260121808882

are these decent sets or what you would call sufficient/adequate?

highly recommend blueprint discs and pads, top quality stuff! bought mine from ALS, they have a jap spares section

Front pads from dealer cost me £48.99 + VAT. Mechanic is throwing them in tomorrow. He is also changing oil filter, rotating/ balancing wheels and replacing the 6 plugs with Denso IK20's. I supply all parts except oil. His total bill will be less than £100.00 and that includes the oil.

I had pads changed recently. Lexus price (and price I paid for parts) was £52.xx + VAT for front set of pads. Discs are about £64 each. So once you add VAT, parts cost alone is £210 ish.

Then labour - Lexus rate is probably about £100/hr or so. Shouldn't take long though, unless calipers are seized. Did they do brake fluid too?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links