Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Best Polish For My Car?

thes3cr3t1

Hello matey welcome to the club :D A lot of the members on here use the Mequires range of products, I use the Mequires Gold Class range and been very happy with it, A very good product and always seem to give very good results, really depends on how much you want to get into detailing and what you'll want to pay for the products as there are a lot out there to choose from but the Mequires is a good starting point i'd say?.. :)

hi im looking for a decent polish for my car - i have been looking at some polish from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mobile-Auto-Care but im not 100% sure yet, i have heard of autoglym but are there any other products you might reccommend to me?

chris

Have a look at http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk disscusion forum and the guides lots of good advise from enthusiastic detailers - Merv

if u are polishing by hand and have some slight swirls etc then the best option is to use Autoglym super resin polish because it contains fillers that will "fill" the scratches so it hides them a bit- if you are machine polishing i use poorboys ssr 2 or 2.5 remember u will have to use a wax after polishing as u are removing any protective layers that may be there when u polish.

i recommend www.detailedobsession.co.uk - also has an eBay store

Avoid Autoglym. Don't get the terms polish and wax confused as many polishes will have you believe, they are not the same thing. A polish RESTORES paint and deepens colour, removes light scratches and swirls. It provides absolutely zero protection for your paint. For that you need a wax after you polish - this PROTECTS the paint and nothing else. Meguiars Gold Class is more than suitable, it's fabulous stuff - if you want a bit more labour, use Meguiars 3-step system. It's a good starting point and you'll never believe how different your car will look after doing it. Good luck, any questions we'll be happy to provide our 2-cents worth.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

If it's a new car or one from a dealer, you really won't ned to polish it as it should have been don during PDI. All you need is a good sealant glaze and as Steve says - something like P21s, which really is nice stuff!

Avoid using polishes unless the car is looking old and has lost it's shine, and even then try and use non abrasive stuff where possible. I use the Carlack68 and P21s stuff - it really is excellent stuff. Do a search on this forum - there is a shed lod of info!!

A good place to buy is www.carsparkle.co.uk

Welcome

Hi matey well i use...

SONUS car wash

SONUS lube & clay bar

SONUS SFX anti swirl & gloss enhancing polish.....

COLLINITE 476 wax...or P21

if i need to i use a clay bar and clay lube after washing to get rid of the nasty bits that stick to your paint you can feel them even after washing and polishing...but use the lube and clay bar and its as smoooth as a babys bum. then use the SONUS SFX then double coat of COLLINITE 476 wax...this wax is ace and still beads of water after 4 weeks ....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links