Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ars

DEANSCROFT

:lol:

Yeah it's the rear steering rack, it does eventually pack in - one of the guys on this forum - Yoshi - used to sell these, but Dave Ellen @ Prolex now sells the TOMS ARS Canceller - basically it's a metal bar that locks the rear steering in place so it doesn't work and a little gizmo that plugs into the sensor that fools the system into working and gets rid of the light.

At least I think that's about right.

It's also supposed to have the advantage of getting rid of that floaty sensation that the rear of the car seems to have at higher speeds.

I've only ever seen the light come on once which was when I came out of those silly multistory car parks with the coiled exists where you just sit going around in circles for ages! I pulled up and restarted the engine and the light disappeared never to be seen again (well apart from when the system initialises at start up!)

Maybe Aido can help. Firstly because he's got a V300, and secondly because his ARS is constantly on show! full_moon.png

Yes........

You spend months on perfecting a video system. At the time, the only one who had managed to get a stock system to display normal composite images in an IS200.

Then came the reversing camera. Again at the time the only one fitted to stock adapted stock system.

Work your fingers to the bone. Electronics wizardry. Research and development.

You do all this and what does Aido do?

post-1727-1202421341.jpg

Maybe Aido can help. Firstly because he's got a V300, and secondly because his ARS is constantly on show! full_moon.png

Yes........

You spend months on perfecting a video system. At the time, the only one who had managed to get a stock system to display normal composite images in an IS200.

Then came the reversing camera. Again at the time the only one fitted to stock adapted stock system.

post-1727-1202421341.jpg

I remember that pic, was at the Ashton meet :D

:lol:

Yeah it's the rear steering rack, it does eventually pack in - one of the guys on this forum - Yoshi - used to sell these, but Dave Ellen @ Prolex now sells the TOMS ARS Canceller - basically it's a metal bar that locks the rear steering in place so it doesn't work and a little gizmo that plugs into the sensor that fools the system into working and gets rid of the light.

At least I think that's about right.

It's also supposed to have the advantage of getting rid of that floaty sensation that the rear of the car seems to have at higher speeds.

I've only ever seen the light come on once which was when I came out of those silly multistory car parks with the coiled exists where you just sit going around in circles for ages! I pulled up and restarted the engine and the light disappeared never to be seen again (well apart from when the system initialises at start up!)

Thanks Aido, thats very helpful

Yes........

post-1727-1202421341.jpg

PMSL & i was just guna av my breakfast :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links