Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Toffo's...

Tony9r

Ha yeah - I always thought that was a Texan bar though.

I remember "Go gettem floyd" wasn't that something to do with toffo? Could be wrong, I was very young.......

You can still buy them HERE

Lol - I thought it was Texan bar too - I thought I'd consult the google oracle for the definitive answer and found a chocolate forum discussing the very same thing... Choc forum

a modern mystery obviously.

Its strange how we always remember the sweets that were about years ago? I always liked the Sweet Tobacco and Pacers a bit like an opel fruit but white and stripey and very minty i've got a shop by me now that sells the sweet tobacco again so maybe some of them are coming back.? :D

My claim to fame is that my late Uncle was on the development team for Texan bars and I was the first person in Peterborough to eat one!

I used to love them. Well done him.

You should know then - what was the slogan?

anyone remember frys five centers?? wish they were around nowadays!! those things were the nuts!!

What was that other one that was like a quite flat bar of chocolate and it had different fillings in. About the size and shape of the old Bourneville but with these raised areas with the different fillings. One was a nut, another orange stuff. Its doing my head in.

I'm nearly 100% sure it was something like "'cos a man's gotta chew what a man's gotta chew"

Thanks!

You know, I can't remember who made it was it Rowntrees ? It must have been a biggy.

oo - oo just thought - remember Tooty Fruities? Can you still get them?

I'm nearly 100% sure it was something like "'cos a man's gotta chew what a man's gotta chew"

Thanks!

You know, I can't remember who made it was it Rowntrees ? It must have been a biggy.

oo - oo just thought - remember Tooty Fruities? Can you still get them?

ahhhh tooty fruities !!!

saw a vending machine last night with them .....thought "havent seen them for ages" :lol:

Thanks!

Yep - Rowntrees.

Tony9R - you've set me off now. I want a Texan.

I used to buy the 5 packs at the supermarket. I used to think I was well 'ard because my mum would let me go all the way to the supermarket by myself. (all of 100 yards from the bottom of the street)

It seems that Nestle make them now (or did they take over Rowntrees?) but you can't get them as they only made them again for a short while.

Hmmmmm Texan...... (Homer Simpson voice)

texanbar.jpg

Another one.... Spangles.

A lot just changed the name to be more "global" but I didn't think there was anything wrong with the names we had..

Also, a big one for me is the size of some things... wagon wheels look half the size they were, as does loads of confectionery bars..

Double lollies from swizzels... about half size... now they have "giant" sized ones though..

Penny bubblys.... not anymore they ain't !

John

Have they really shrunk or have your hands and mouth just got bigger :lol:

Seriously, were all bigger now and I wonder if they have actually changed the machinery as well over the years for them to be smaller. I've often thought that..........

Tony9R - you've set me off now. I want a Texan.

I used to buy the 5 packs at the supermarket. I used to think I was well 'ard because my mum would let me go all the way to the supermarket by myself. (all of 100 yards from the bottom of the street)

It seems that Nestle make them now (or did they take over Rowntrees?) but you can't get them as they only made them again for a short while.

Hmmmmm Texan...... (Homer Simpson voice)

texanbar.jpg

LOL, from what I remember they weren't too kind on the ol' fillings :shutit:

Another prime tooth - breaker was the NUTTY BAR! :shifty:

You should know then - what was the slogan?

NOOOOOOO!... that was Toffo's :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links