Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought A New Car...........

jason_l

Hi All,

well i have decided to slow down with the mods to the lexus and concentrate on something else...............

Well after planning in secret with one of my mates for several years now we have finally decided to go ahead with our plan! much to the upset of our other halves! :shutit:

Yesterday we drove down to Gosport and picked up this little beast...................

8e1e_4.JPG

1985 Austin mini mayfair

Has new brakes all round, new radiator and new fuse box. Interior is mint!!!!! Paid £360 cash and had to tow her back as she didn't want to start and when she did she sounded a bit upset so towed her rather than drive her!

You may all be laughing now but she won't be like this for long, with any luck and alot of work she will be transformed into this...............

gallery_6300_24_35613.jpg

My mate is a mechanic so he is handling the engine side of things and then im going to design and build a full carbon bodykit to make it look like a beast. Plan is to tune the 998cc mini engine a bit to give a bit more power and get the car road legal, then in a few years time its going to have a new engine put in it. probably gsx-r or hayabusa to transform her into a monster.

We are going to test drive one of the kits this weekend and then aim to start over summer, when my mate has finished his 1200bhp skyline!!! :shifty:

Already have a insurance quote........... Both of us (25 years of age), fully comp, £100 excess, 3000 miles per year, with NO no claims comes to the grand some of................................................£195 all in :) :) :)

What you guys think?????

Jason :P

i've got this that i'm playing with and getting road legal!!! its going to have a 3ltr v6 ford essex motor in the back!!

rail1.jpg

i've had a few of these....this was my last one

left.jpg

great fun and with been tax exempt and insurance normaly under £100 you cant go wrong

i've got this that i'm playing with and getting road legal!!! its going to have a 3ltr v6 ford essex motor in the back!!

rail1.jpg

i've had a few of these....this was my last one

left.jpg

great fun and with been tax exempt and insurance normaly under £100 you cant go wrong

looks well nice, love that colour! My mate had one of these before the skyline but now he misses the kit car so thats why we started this new one, not going to be done for a fair few uyears yet as its going to take a while to make the carbon kit for it...........although i have the design, just need to finalise how to make the moulds! :whistling:

You could have just slapped those M3 mirrors on the Mini..... much cheaper :lol::lol::lol:

but not as much fun :whistling: won't be using those mirrors as they look :tsktsk: plus ours will look totally different as it will be getting a one off carbon kit made! :shifty:

You could have just slapped those M3 mirrors on the Mini..... much cheaper :lol::lol::lol:

but not as much fun :whistling: won't be using those mirrors as they look :tsktsk: plus ours will look totally different as it will be getting a one off carbon kit made! :shifty:

No no....no mirrors.....go for a pair of reversing cameras....tooooo cool! C'mon.....lateral thinking there please....you gotta make this unique as well as fun! :lol:

Best regards David

No no....no mirrors.....go for a pair of reversing cameras....tooooo cool! C'mon.....lateral thinking there please....you gotta make this unique as well as fun! :lol:

Best regards David

Would love to but its not going to be exactly secure is it! plus it won't pass SVA with camera's, needs mirrors. will be covered in carbon though, and most of the car will be custom.

any ICE going in there Jason or will the draft bring that ?

Draft will be bringing that mate :) don't want to put anything in that it doesn't really need, only a mini engine so needs to be as light as possible really. Seats, panels, floor, mud gaurds, engine cover, nose cone will all be made in carbon :shifty:

:offtopic: i Haven't had time to look at your dials again Wozza, been pretty busy but will try my hardest to get them done this weekend, although i might be going to collect chassis for this car as i have use of a trailer this weekend. :unsure:

Aw wow you hero :lol:

That's gonna be fab! Whenever it's ready, make sure you pull it in-toe to one of the JAE's or japan North events! :D

J

With any luck she will be ready by next summer, going to take our time as we both don't want to cut corners. Not too sure about getting it to JAE??? Only me and my mate will be insured on it but he will be in his skyline and i will be in the lex, unless i get sarah to drive up in the lexus then drive this little beast up??? although i don't like sarah driving my lexus, if only i could clone myself :unsure::lol:

I will defo bring it to a meet though at some point so you can all check out our handy work :P

will update this thread as the build continues, i know its not a lexus but im sure some of you may find it interesting :unsure: :shutit:

Well, yesterday i won a buggy kit and sva kit on eBay for £1120! almost a fully built buggy but will be getting stripped back down and started again. Buying it this way rather than new has saved us well over a £1200 already :)

Will post up some pics tomorrow once we have picked her up! :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links