Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Would I Need To Do To Put A Pully Up Kit On

As others have mentioned, be careful. I don't know of a car that has had a pulley upgrade and that is running good.

You will need to do something with the fuel for sure, which would then mean you would need a aftermarket ECU to be able to control the mods.

I worked out what sort of price it was but couldn't justify the big price for the small gains.

As others have mentioned, be careful. I don't know of a car that has had a pulley upgrade and that is running good.

You will need to do something with the fuel for sure, which would then mean you would need a aftermarket ECU to be able to control the mods.

I worked out what sort of price it was but couldn't justify the big price for the small gains.

I'd agree with Lee TBH

Better intercooler is OK as is induction kit (offered by myself & TDI-PLC) will give useful increase in BHP (217 from 205)

going bigger pulley leads to injectors and piggy back ECU with associated mapping costs for maybe 225/230 max

I'd agree with Lee TBH

Better intercooler is OK as is induction kit (offered by myself & TDI-PLC) will give useful increase in BHP (217 from 205)

going bigger pulley leads to injectors and piggy back ECU with associated mapping costs for maybe 225/230 max

dave, how accurate is that figure in all honesty?? if you're basing it on stav's alone, you haven't got enough data sets together to justify the +12bhp claim. i'm not saying its false, i'm just questioning the number of upgrades that have shown this....

I'd agree with Lee TBH

Dave dont get me going on the injectors again :shutit:

@ Rob, mine was ok running the big pully, just over 0.5 boost, but then again, mine has never been worked on by you know who :o

dave, how accurate is that figure in all honesty?? if you're basing it on stav's alone, you haven't got enough data sets together to justify the +12bhp claim. i'm not saying its false, i'm just questioning the number of upgrades that have shown this....

The problem is Rob is that there's only been a couple of Cars with the Prolex Larger intercooler on. Gord's which was never dyno'd properly before being stripped, Yaumeisters which hasn't been dyno'd as far as i know. And my own which has been dyno'd on two different setups and come up with the same figure.

TDi do offer a larger intercooler but AFAIK theres never been any cars with just the same mods as mine, they've always been full stage one (ECU. injectors, or more). And if there is any cars with the same mods as mine, their power figures have never been released.

So while the +12bhp claim is only from my car, its the only one available i'm afraid. But its not a stupid power claim and IMHO very good increase for the money.

Unfortunately any more BHP after that and (at least) a mappable ECU is needed and your taking about £700 upwards just for that fitted and mapped. And as with Lee, i've never heard of a successful upgrade.

Stav

hey up stave mate.

i don't doubt your power runs mate, and have no problem believing and accepting them.

but in my line of work, simply basing your findings/facts/figures etc etc on one result is not correct practice.

I appreciate that there is an issue with regards to the number of cars running the other mods etc, but when you think lee is putting out 215 ish bhp with standard s/c and exhaust, i wonder whether he'd get to 230 with the larger cooler or induction.....

i'm not trying to rock any ship, its just important for me, and other members, to fully understand the basis of made claims and they can then make their own mind up.

out of interest mate, do you find the car has more torque lower down the rev range with the larger i/c??

Unfortuantly some chargers are better out of the factory than others. For example, Lee's and Wozza's. Whereas mine i beleive is fairly average. So yes i recon Lee would benifit from the intercooler and Induction kit.

As for the Torque, i cant honestly say mate. though it certainly isnt worse.

Stav

thats the thing with engine tuning, there are so many variables and very few standards by which each can be compared.

still to get mine on the dyno, but judging by how it performs compared to a few mates cars with known bhp/torque etc, i reckon it'llbe tipping over the 200 figure. steve said to me after he fitted it, that it felt remarkably nippy compared to some others he's done, but would like to get an accurate couple of dyno runs so i can be sure 100 %

Pull your finger out then lad and get it sorted lol

Then get back to Steves for a bigger intercooler!

Stav

too true mate.

don't know of a decent dyno place round here, but not really looked into it.

might get onto it soon (ish) :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links