Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ccfl Halos - Different To The Aac Ones?

P.Lindblom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job - I like them! Did you manage to find out whether the other make have the same problem as yours in the cold weather?

Apparently they had the same problem with their first generation of ballasts, but I heard they have sorted it. However, my halos seem to have improved as they've been used more and more. I'm totally pleased with them.

I like your car!

Thank you very much :)

This is my latest picture of it:

53121429en1.png

Did you reuse the factory glue when re-sealing? Was it not possible to remove the orange indicator and just fit silver bulbs instead? I'm going to be fitting some to my lenses as soon as they arrive!

ok, so i have decided to do the halo's..

any adice on which ones? as u can guess there are hundreds on eBay but theses look like a good buy and are from the uk..

ebay

item: 260241048226

or slightly cheaper from china

ebay2

item: 290231845876

Did you reuse the factory glue when re-sealing? Was it not possible to remove the orange indicator and just fit silver bulbs instead? I'm going to be fitting some to my lenses as soon as they arrive!

Yes, I used the factory glue as AAC recommended. It worked great and I haven't had any condensation problems.

If you look at the pics from the conversion you can see that the orange lenses were removed when I resealed the headlights. However, in the last picture the indicators were flashing. I use orange bulbs as I acutally like the vague orange color inside the housings when the indicators are switched off.

This is how they look:

91981382ud7.jpg

ok, so i have decided to do the halo's..

any adice on which ones? as u can guess there are hundreds on ebay but theses look like a good buy and are from the uk..

ebay

item: 260241048226

or slightly cheaper from china

ebay2

item: 290231845876

It's hard to say if they are the same as mine, as there are no detailed pictures of the rings. I would however guess that most of them are from the same manufacturer. I quick eBay search brought up rings that look exacly like mine (item number: 190223674517). I would recommend these, but I'm not sure about the color temperature. Mine are supposed to be 8000K and these say 12.000K but the pictures suggest they are the same.

Good luck mate. Please let me know if you get stuck in the process. Cheers

i like your headunits :) did u paint it black ? or where did u get those :)

Did you miss the first page and top of this thread or something? :iraqi-info-minister:

i like your headunits :) did u paint it black ? or where did u get those :)

Did you miss the first page and top of this thread or something? :iraqi-info-minister:

sorry my internet was being weird :)

i just saw the pictures etc :)

Yes, I used the factory glue as AAC recommended. It worked great and I haven't had any condensation problems.

what is the factory glue??

is there a specail type??

what is the factory glue??

is there a specail type??

Factory glue as in the black rubbery sticky stuff the lenses are held on with from the Lexus factory. If you heat it correctly it can be perfectly re-sealed without any hassle, no need to buy silicone sealer or glues or anything.

Have you watched the guide? (above) It explains the process quite well.

ok..

so i started this earlier this evening..

bit of advice.. be very careful in the oven!! only just about saved mine after about 5 mns.. was strating to melt..

no damage to the lense or main parts of the housing although the mounting bracket at the top did droop.. hopefuly when re heating i can undroop it!!

:wacko:

ok..

so i started this earlier this evening..

bit of advice.. be very careful in the oven!! only just about saved mine after about 5 mns.. was strating to melt..

no damage to the lense or main parts of the housing although the mounting bracket at the top did droop.. hopefuly when re heating i can undroop it!!

:wacko:

Thanks for the heads up, I have to wait until my car comes back from the bodyshop so I can test the rings etc before I open them up.

So the video is wrong in that 15mins is way too long? Let us know how you get on....

ps How do you remove the headlight from the car? You don't need to take off the bumper or anything crazy like that I hope...

I used a heat gun when I did mine rather than the oven. Just felt I had a bit more control. I did actually put them in the oven for a couple of minutes first for an overall heat.

Purvesh - nope, you don't need to take the bumper off. A bit awkward the first time you do it but its a doddle once you know. There's an article Fidgits wrote ages ago HERE

I used a heat gun when I did mine rather than the oven. Just felt I had a bit more control. I did actually put them in the oven for a couple of minutes first for an overall heat.

Purvesh - nope, you don't need to take the bumper off. A bit awkward the first time you do it but its a doddle once you know. There's an article Fidgits wrote ages ago HERE

Thanks for the link Geoff, what temp did you use mate?

Damn, just realised I've got the TTE front bumper, so the grill isn't removable separately. So does that mean it's a bumper off jobby?

ATTENTION! Note that AAC in the video are americans, hence 250 degrees fahrenheit. I had my oven set to 125 degrees celsius and left my headlights in it for 15-20 minutes. Also, don't put your headlights into the oven before it has reached the desired temperature and has stabilized. Good luck

ATTENTION! Note that AAC in the video are americans, hence 250 degrees fahrenheit. I had my oven set to 125 degrees celsius and left my headlights in it for 15-20 minutes. Also, don't put your headlights into the oven before it has reached the desired temperature and has stabilized. Good luck

yep.. made that mistake!!

thin i saved it before it was too late... i hope!

As an oven newb, how do you know when it's upto temp, or do you just wait five or so minutes... :blush:

Just leave the oven on with the door closed for 10 minutes and it will be up to temp.

I just did it at gas mark 2 for about 2 minutes then used the heat gun to finish off.

Just leave the oven on with the door closed for 10 minutes and it will be up to temp.

I just did it at gas mark 2 for about 2 minutes then used the heat gun to finish off.

from experience would suggest this way!!

is there anything that Geoffers cant do??

:P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links