Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ccfl Halos - Different To The Aac Ones?

P.Lindblom

Good evening,

I've just laid my hands on an 8000K CCFL halo kit, sold by a Swedish company, for less than half the price of the AAC ones. I'm just testing the halos to see if they are as bad as I expected, but I must say I'm positively suprised by them. I would also like to hear the opinions of those of you who have got the AAC Oracle brand halos.

dscn4453rb0.jpg

This is how they look when fully lit.

All the pics are taken with the same shutter speed and settings. The sun was actually shining directly through the windows, on the table where my halos laid. That gives you an idea of how bright they are.

dscn4468fixvf5.jpg

However, in sligthly below normal room temperature (~18°C) it took them about five minutes to get there. I suspected it has to do with the temperature of the ballast so I put it in the freezer for half an hour, just to confirm my theory. This is how they look when the ballast is really cold. You can see the sun shining on the left side of the paper.

dscn4480sa4.jpg

This is a comparison between the fully lit halos and the other ones which were just taken out of the box and connected.

dscn4483gb8.jpg

A few minutes later

dscn4486hc8.jpg

I'm just curious if the AAC halos act the same way. Some of you should know.

Cheers!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went to the breakers to pick up a busted headlight. I needed something to practice on before I open up my own ones.

dsc02414jn8.jpg

Since this headlight had two broken pins it was considered "destroyed", so I got it for £20

dscn4498jm5.jpg

It fitted nicely in my oven

dscn4502cv6.jpg

15 minutes later the glue had melted and I was able to open the thing up

dscn4505pk9.jpg

I squeezed in my halos

dscn4508iz7.jpg

Somewhat assembled again. I just snapped everything together, without bothering about the glue

dscn4511ne6.jpg

Connected to the sidelight wires

dscn4540mi6.jpg

dscn4549sfe8.jpg

Tomorrow I will speak to AAC and find out if their halos light up instantly. Not sure I will keep these ones.

looks good mate, good work.

Stav

Nice pictures, didn't seem a hassle for you at all.

Well done,

Jamie

i like them mate they look really good...nice work aswell,i wouldnt have the balls to do that myself incase i fooked it up.! :lol:
You make all this kind of thing look so easy - like dismantling half a car is childs play lol! I've always been unsure on halos, but I think they actually look pretty good.

Thanks everyone :) I didn't really get the reactions I was looking for. I just wanted to know if the AAC halos act the same way as mine. You say I make it look easy. Well, this isn't hard. I can imagine it to be rather difficult to seal it properly, but some silicone should solve that easily.

I'd be interested to know what you conclude. I've been thinking about these for a while. Still like the brows thou, but not gonna get into that argument again...

I'm not sure I like angel eyes either. This is more of an experiment. I like to see for myself how things work. I actually ordered a set of white eyebrows a while ago, before I even thought of angel eyes. They should arrive soon. Lets see how they look together with halos, shall we? :D

Im impressed wish i could do that but im like Dazz32 lol :blush:

How sad 2 c that Lexus in the wreckers :sad:

If you can get hold of extra headlights that would be something to practise on.

That one was actually closely related to mine. Both their license plate numbers are JCP7**.

top job mate,you made that look easy :) they also need a good seal to stop condesation

are you going to paint the insides?

Yep, I will paint the insides black. I've came across two sets of extra clusters for my headligts. I will practise my painting skills one them and if I succeed I'll just replace my original ones.

I got a reply from AAC. This is what I asked:

Hi,

I recently bought a CCFL halo kit for my Lexus IS200. However, I bought it from a Swedish company and I'm not sure about the quality. The first thing I noticed is that the halos need about five minutes to get fully lit. Apparently the ballast needs to get warm. Does your halos act the same way? Thanks.

Also, how much would it cost to have a halo kit shipped to Sweden?

Best regards

Patrik Lindblom

And the reply from Justin:

Shipping will be approx $37.50 via USPS International Priority.

I will send you a paypal money request.

A minute after a money request arrived. That certainly helped me decide not to go for their halos ;)

You make all this kind of thing look so easy - like dismantling half a car is childs play lol! I've always been unsure on halos, but I think they actually look pretty good.

Wylie mate , dismantling half a car is childsplay , its putting it back together mate and not having a hand full of nuts and bolts over , thats the hard bit .

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Good evening,

I've just laid my hands on an 8000K CCFL halo kit, sold by a Swedish company, for less than half the price of the AAC ones. I'm just testing the halos to see if they are as bad as I expected, but I must say I'm positively suprised by them. I would also like to hear the opinions of those of you who have got the AAC Oracle brand halos.

dscn4453rb0.jpg

This is how they look when fully lit.

All the pics are taken with the same shutter speed and settings. The sun was actually shining directly through the windows, on the table where my halos laid. That gives you an idea of how bright they are.

dscn4468fixvf5.jpg

However, in sligthly below normal room temperature (~18°C) it took them about five minutes to get there. I suspected it has to do with the temperature of the ballast so I put it in the freezer for half an hour, just to confirm my theory. This is how they look when the ballast is really cold. You can see the sun shining on the left side of the paper.

dscn4480sa4.jpg

This is a comparison between the fully lit halos and the other ones which were just taken out of the box and connected.

dscn4483gb8.jpg

A few minutes later

dscn4486hc8.jpg

I'm just curious if the AAC halos act the same way. Some of you should know.

Cheers!

Thats some nice ***** out there mate! Oh and which company? I'd like to buy from them too! Half price is way good and I don't mind the 5 minute wait at all! I usually heat up the car for 5 mins before driving of anyway! =)

Hi Patrik, these are the ones i bought, not fitted, i havent found the time to yet, will probably do them in the next few months before the summer comes! ;)

But, not sure as to what make they are because as i sed before i bought them off eBay last year and they were from hong kong, but they certainly do look like the AAC oracle brand halo kit in the vid, and to answer your question they light up straight away also. They were about £50

08042008213rh5.th.jpg

08042008214ow8.th.jpg

08042008215yu0.th.jpg

08042008216ld3.th.jpg

O yea and they r quite bright aswel :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Looks great fella.

Stav

Nice job B)
looks great B)
That does look the part, well done :)

Thought about getting a Sport Grille fitted?

Thanks mates!

I ordered the sports grille quite a while ago. It arrived in Sweden yesterday, so hopefully I will be able to fit it tomorrow :)

Yes mate, looking good. Been meaning to do this for some time (as you may know!).

Still be very interested to see the brows and eyes together!

Sport grill will look lovely on there, sorry again for not sorting that out for ya, my local dealers are a bunch of thieves!

• 4 weeks later...
Sport grill will look lovely on there, sorry again for not sorting that out for ya, my local dealers are a bunch of thieves!

No worries, mate :)

I just realized I didn't upload the rest of the pictures, so here they come:

dsc0195sx5.jpg

dsc0185bm3.jpg

dsc0156fixyt4.jpg

dsc0163fixnb0.jpg

dsc0201qg2.jpg

dsc0204vm2.jpg

dsc0209eb5.jpg

dscn4816bl9.jpg

dscn4824fixwg8.jpg

And with the new grille

dsc0127dsc0159aw4.jpg

I test fitted the eybrows on my headlights again but it looks really bad. Fortunately the eybrows are so flexible I can put them somewhere else on the car. Of course I will also let you see how it looks as soon as I've found the pics I took.

Thanks again for all the nice comments

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links