Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Pc Problems So To Speak

whiteman

:crybaby: Well as it say's, it is only very slow when I go onto windows live messenger/hotmail account.

I had Norton on and thought it was utter crap, had to get rid of it. I am now using AVG 8.0 it's seems to be doing the job but, maybe fluke when I go to my hotmail acc it opens and then when I want to go into my inbox, sent, junk, drafts, etc it can take upto 3-4 minutes to open and when I click on a e-mail I want to look at it then takes a further 3-4 mins to open that. It is starting to pee me off thinking is it this new AVG that I got???? I have done the software download for this from windows to try and speed things up but it don't wanna work.

I am running Vista too if that helps, would of rather had XP but never mind. Thought Vista was good upon till this hiccup.

All help wanted before I go insane with all this waiting....

My puter has 2GB memory and a 250 HDD so I know it is not the puter at fault, internet connection via cable and wireles router.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

How did you remove that pilf of cr4p called Norton? It could be that it's still there to some extent. Also I beleive you can switch off AVG ( until the newt reboot ) so try that one time and see if it speeds up. It's not you that should be banned it's Norton ;)

its prob norton still in the system as steve said, if you can, do d clean install with out any of teh free trail software or nonsense that you get and do not let norton on!

AVG will not slow your system down, only 2 some extent when its running your scheduled scan.. been using that and ssearch&Destroy for years now and trouble free!

I downloaded the Norton removal tool and it got rid of it no probs, I did not want norton on my puter as it is utter bollox, like I say I now have AVG 8.0 and it has being working perfect, it is only when I go into my hotmail account it takes forever to open any file, lioke inbox and then open e-mails in the inbox. it is toooooooo slooooowww.

I just want it to work like it should.....hopefully.

tis defo starting to pee me off as I can't find what is the cause...

NORTON HAS GONE FOR GOOD!!!!!

I downloaded the Norton removal tool and it got rid of it no probs, I did not want norton on my puter as it is utter bollox, like I say I now have AVG 8.0 and it has being working perfect, it is only when I go into my hotmail account it takes forever to open any file, lioke inbox and then open e-mails in the inbox. it is toooooooo slooooowww.

I just want it to work like it should.....hopefully.

tis defo starting to pee me off as I can't find what is the cause...

NORTON HAS GONE FOR GOOD!!!!!

no idea then..

from experience it stays inside your system for good unless a full clean install is done.. try ccleaner.. it cleans up your system and does help keep things in order..

it will clean the registry of any errors too..

Have a look at task manager and see what is eating into the CPU usage. If its not much, it could be drive/cache issues.

For memory issues and such, Google for Advanced Windows Care. It will optimise the system quite well and give warnings and good pointers.

Like Goeff said Task Manager should show you what is running on your system in the background.

I would also recommend that you download and install Vista Service Pack 1. I have had it since February and it has really improved my Vista experience dramatically with lots of speed increases.

:crybaby: I have done a full registry cleanup, found a couple of minor faults which now being sorted, got the windows cleanup.

I went bac into my hotmail acc and it is exactly the same, very slow when opening e-mails etc.... everything else on the puter is super fast like it was whe I got it. It is just my hotmail acc, one thing I did notice that when my nephew isn't using his tower unit it seems to open my hotmail acc quicker. I use a laptop via wireless router..signal is always 5+.

I have turned off windows firewall to see if that was aproblem while using AVG but it didn't work.

There isn't anything else running CPU, got the meter on now and it is hovering around 2-8%

Well it has baffled me now, hope it isn't the AVG 8.0 casuing problems as I have found it pretty good, it has only happened in the last week this problem, AVG has been on for about 2 weeks norton was only for a trial period has it came with the laptop, told em at the time I didn't want it as it is rubbish.

Ok see what you can come up with now..... :whistling:

Ok, to eliminate AVG you're going to have to un-install it. Its the only true way as disabling doesn't always disable properly or put things back to how they originally were.

One thing though, and I don't know if it still applies as I don't use AVG - if you have the all in one suite, it installs toolbars into IE and firefox doesn't it? Can you remove them and try it?

Not sure if your version of Vista has it, but look for "IE with no add-ons" in your menus and see if it is any better.

:unsure: Thanks Geoffers will try summatt tonight when it is nice and quiet and I can play on ones own without any hassles of peeps bugging me at home....

I just find it strange it is only windows live/hotmail.

I know the AVG I got has got alot of things that it can do and I think I can turn them of without uninstalling it...

Right I have immproved the problem, Have had a little play and found it could be the link scanner in AVG, turned it off and it did speed up by 70%, so it must be the new AVG 8.0 causing problems, have downloaded a link from AVG to scan my puter and then sent the results back to them for them to have a look at and then offer a remedy, if not I may bin AVG and get something else.....had good reports on the new AVG 8.0 as I have always used AVG and never had any problems with it....could be teething problems they are having.. we shall see.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links