Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have Just Purchased a IS220d on a 55 plate with 18k miles SE with MM pack, sunroof cruise control full leather 17" wheels

Caxton slate i paid 17900 and got £3k for IS200 sport on a x reg with 149k miles

should i stop the sale as i have only paid the deposit (after reading the comments on the 220

i Loved the test drive, and i should get a better return than my IS200 on Fuel I hope

or am i wrong

Matt

I have Just Purchased a IS220d on a 55 plate with 18k miles SE with MM pack, sunroof cruise control full leather 17" wheels

Caxton slate i paid 17900 and got £3k for IS200 sport on a x reg with 149k miles

should i stop the sale as i have only paid the deposit (after reading the comments on the 220

i Loved the test drive, and i should get a better return than my IS200 on Fuel I hope

or am i wrong

Matt

Well did you like the car or not after driving it?

Of course you should get better fueleconomy, but perhaps not that much better that you hoped for?

Best of luck with your new car :)

Matt. A 220d will give you between 37 an 45mpg on a run if you drive it sensibly. The reason for the 7mpg gap is there to cater for different percentags of town v motorway driving for any typical journey. Some guys on here are putting in additives which seem to help (such as Millers DPS4).

What do you get with the IS200? I bet it's around the 27-32 range on a decent run? So you will probably be OK. If you can get a 250 Auto instead with or without MM, go for it! That is what I would do...take one for a drive and then decide. If it's an approved Lexus you will have 30 days...

jambo i have already put the deposit down Purchased through STRATSTONE

i think i got a good deal and to get all the Extras

I average around 260 mile a week

Mainly Motorway so if i am sensible and not flooring it i should get a Desent MPG

How would i know if the car should have had any recalls?

yes i know i could have got a IS50 but the Road tax is Higher and i am sure the insurance would be higher

and running a 2.5L petrol would be higher than the diesel

All in all The Drive was really good

Also i guess whith Buying all Cars one persons taste is not anothers

Matt

just the waiting game now over swapping personal plates over

Mainly Motorway so if i am sensible and not flooring it i should get a Desent MPG

yes i know i could have got a IS50 but the Road tax is Higher and i am sure the insurance would be higher

Matt

just come back from birmingham, avg 51 for return journey in cruise at 70 in sixth apart from a few miles on the m69 at 50 in 5th through road works.i think you should be about £5oo per year better off with the diesel all things considered.

Matt

just come back from birmingham, avg 51 for return journey in cruise at 70 in sixth apart from a few miles on the m69 at 50 in 5th through road works.i think you should be about £5oo per year better off with the diesel all things considered.

Wow if i got that every day i would be over the moon

Thanks mate you have now put a smile on my face

Is the 2.2D4D Engine in The IS the Same as in the Avensis ? if so our salkes guys at work are getting around mid-late 40s

which is a dam site better than my IS200

Matt

Matt

Is the 2.2D4D Engine in The IS the Same as in the Avensis ? if so our salkes guys at work are getting around mid-late 40s

Matt

the t180 model has the same unit as the 220,my combined avg at present is 40.3mpg yours maybe better than that if you do mostly motorway,i also use dps4 fuel additive.

Matt

Matt

the t180 model has the same unit as the 220,my combined avg at present is 40.3mpg yours maybe better than that if you do mostly motorway,i also use dps4 fuel additive.

where do you get that from and how much is it also do you have to put it in on every fillup?

Matt

Matt

where do you get that from and how much is it also do you have to put it in on every fillup?

varios sellers on eBay i bought from one called faster on line,yes every tank but it does pay for itself with better fuel economy.

I'm 4 Weeks into ownership of my 06 SEL MM at 1st i had a lot to complain about Rear view mirror fuel consumption dodgey corroded alloys 3 separate rattles (2 dash and 1 door)

Now that these have all been rectified minus fuel consumption I'm a lot happier and love the car

don't make the same mistake i did

make sure any problems you have especially alloys and rattles are fixed by the dealer your buying the car from before you take ownership because your 1yr extended warranty will not cover these after you have purchased it..... it will only cover mechanical faults

Good luck

or am i wrong

Matt

make sure any problems you have especially alloys and rattles are fixed by the dealer your buying the car from before you take ownership because your 1yr extended warranty will not cover these after you have purchased it..... it will only cover mechanical faults

I spoke with my local stealership today on the corrosion warranty on the wheels....it's 3 years or 60K miles, whichever comes up first. Also, they'll only change out wheels that have signs of corrosion on them as the replacements are new rims and not refurbished as was the case with the IS200's when they changed all four/five.

I have minor bubbling on two wheels so I'll leave it until it's nearer the end of the warranty period. Only problem is I'm about to put on the summer tyres with the Volks alloys back on the car...

yeah my car had 65k on the clock when I bought it but they changed all four as part of the deal

I spoke with my local stealership today on the corrosion warranty on the wheels....it's 3 years or 60K miles, whichever comes up first. Also, they'll only change out wheels that have signs of corrosion on them as the replacements are new rims and not refurbished as was the case with the IS200's when they changed all four/five.

I have minor bubbling on two wheels so I'll leave it until it's nearer the end of the warranty period. Only problem is I'm about to put on the summer tyres with the Volks alloys back on the car...

but does the extra cost of the additive out way the fuel benefits?
as said in previous post in pays for itself in extra economy.

What extra economy does it give?

for myself between 2 and 3 mpg but costs 60p per tank or £1.20 for double dose.

I'm 4 Weeks into ownership of my 06 SEL MM at 1st i had a lot to complain about Rear view mirror fuel consumption dodgey corroded alloys 3 separate rattles (2 dash and 1 door)

Now that these have all been rectified minus fuel consumption I'm a lot happier and love the car

Good luck

or am i wrong

Matt

I have purchased it from Stratstone(not a LEXUS Dealer) But are most major manufacturer Dealer ie Merc BMW Astin Martin ETC ETC and they tell me the car is still under manufacturers warranty

untill 30-12-08 as the car was first registered 30-12-05 is this true ??

Having never purchased a car less than 3 years old before

Does the warranty transfer with the car to each owner until its 3 years old

sorry to sound so lame.

Matt

Good luck

or am i wrong

Matt

I have purchased it from Stratstone(not a LEXUS Dealer) But are most major manufacturer Dealer ie Merc BMW Astin Martin ETC ETC and they tell me the car is still under manufacturers warranty

sorry to sound so lame.

Matt

yeah, the warranty lasts until the car is 3 years or 60000 miles, whatever comes first regardless of the amount of owners :D

Good luck

or am i wrong

Matt

sorry to sound so lame.

Matt

yeah, the warranty lasts until the car is 3 years or 60000 miles, whatever comes first regardless of the amount of owners :D

Cheers all i needed to here

so i hope to get it Friday fingers crossed

then i will call Lexus Birmingham Monday and ask what it needs to be going in for

Regards

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links